2024 Presidential Election

Yes it is but we've only ourselves to blame. We the people are supposed to be in charge, not the Rs and the Ds...but we've allowed them to manipulate us into the circus we have now. Voting 3rd party is the only solution.
They've got it locked down so tight that even voting third party is more of a protest than having an actual chance of changing anything.

Talk about Trump missing his chance to go down in history as a great man. This Dave Chapelle monologue hit perfect on what was Trump's chance for greatness. He could have been the insider that got popular and crashed the party from inside.

Beware of Politicians Bearing Gifts. How Trump, Harris ‘Tax Cuts’ Could Cost You Dearly.​

By
Karen Hube
October 01, 2024 at 01:00 AM EDT

I hadn't seen the head of household removal discussion before. Talk about hating non-married parents. Yes, it simplifies the tax code but would really hurt a lot of single parents.

It was quite telling, the 2018 tax cut for companies was supposed to support worker pay. It went massively to stock buybacks instead. So cutting their taxes didn't help workers, but raising them will hurt workers. That part i didn't follow. Wouldn't it just cut back on dividends and buybacks vs cutting jobs and pay... or does every move go to screw workers?

I hadn't seen the head of household removal discussion before. Talk about hating non-married parents. Yes, it simplifies the tax code but would really hurt a lot of single parents.

It was quite telling, the 2018 tax cut for companies was supposed to support worker pay. It went massively to stock buybacks instead. So cutting their taxes didn't help workers, but raising them will hurt workers. That part i didn't follow. Wouldn't it just cut back on dividends and buybacks vs cutting jobs and pay... or does every move go to screw workers?

Yeah. If you are a single parent making a solid income HOH filing is a really big deal. I'm divorced with 2 kids whose primary residency is with me. No HOH would be a lot of money out of my pocket.

That being said it won't happen. Politicians can talk all they want but something like that would be deeply unpopular. No way that would get past the "any idea is worth talking about" stage in any tax policy discussion.

Yep, I think that is the point exactly.

There are a few things that seem to be inevitable in our economy:
1. Education and health care costs are allowed to go up just based on how "important" they are and ignore quality and where the extra cost actually goes.
2. The corporate world sees the executive class as the critical factor so they will always be taken care of first and protected from harm first.

There's gonna be a bunch of butt hurt MAGA that have to update their "Freedom" Playlists now...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
If they still had "Born in the USA" (or any other Springsteen song, for that matter) on their "Freedom" playlist, they haven't actually listened to the words of the song.

The Boss had to rent out a dinner he's never eaten at because filming this in his 30-million-dollar Beverly Hills mansion just wouldn't resonate.
That's Roberto's Frehold Diner in Freehold, NJ....the Boss's hometown and literally a half mile from the house he grew up in.

And the Boss's 3.2 million dollar mansion is in Rumson, NJ, about a 20 minute drive from his hometown of Frehold.

He routinely drops by.

He didn't rent out anything.

Last edited:
That's Roberto's Frehold Diner in Freehold, NJ....the Boss's hometown and literally a half mile from the house he grew up in.

Ok, so they let him film there for free. LOL.

Trust me, I was born in 1982 and my dad was a Springfield fanatic. That music is stamped into my soul, and I like the guy personally.

These types of videos are cringeworthy regardless of the side. I feel sorry for the poor bastards out there that are influenced by music artists.

I am impressed that you can name the diner.

Trust me, I was born in 1982 and my dad was a Springfield fanatic. That music is stamped into my soul, and I like the guy personally.

These types of videos are cringeworthy regardless of the side. I feel sorry for the poor bastards out there that are influenced by music artists.

It's in his memoir and he talked about it at the Broadway show that I got to attend.

I'm a huge fan, but I agree with you about folks that are influenced politically by any entertainer's presidential endorsement.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Eric Trump actually did specifically reference Democrats. He said, 'They tried to kill him. And it's because the Democratic Party, they can't do anything right.' Do you support those comments or not?

MIKE JOHNSON: I don't know what Eric was saying because I only heard just a snippet there

STEPHANOPOULOS: You just saw it, sir!

STEPHANOPOULOS: Can you say unequivocally that Joe Biden won the 2020 election and Trump lost?

MIKE JOHNSON: See, this is the game that is always played by mainstream media with mainstream Republicans. It's a gotcha game.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So like Vance, you can't say unequivocally that Biden won the election and Trump lost?

cringeworthy?! have you heard trump and/or vance speak???

Or Musk. He said at the recent Butler rally that Democrats want to take away your right to vote. Then he said that in California it was signed into law to ban requiring voter ID. I don't much support it but how does that support Democrats want to take away your right to vote? It doesn't.

Who knows what Trump and Musk say about their supporters behind their backs?

Felony charges under review in Clark County Ohio against Donald Trump and JD Vance

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WKEF) — The Clark County Municipal Court determined no probable cause to issue warrants or summons on misdemeanor charges against former President Donald Trump and Senator J.D. Vance. The City of Springfield announced the development on Saturday, October 5.

In the statement, the city said the Clark County Prosecutor's Office is reviewing possible felony charges for both men.

The charges were filed last month by Guerline Jozef, leader of the nonprofit Haitian Bridge Alliance. Ohio law includes a rarely used mechanism that allows private citizens to pursue criminal charges.

The charges include:

Making False Alarms

Commiting Telecommunications Harassment

Committing Aggravate Menacing

Violating the Prohibition Against Complicity

Both the City of Springfield and the Prosecutor’s Office said in the statement it will refrain from commenting on the legal matters at this time to allow the process to happen without any interference.

Back