2024-25 Offseason thread

If I hear one more fan of goon tell me about the “wholesome” atmosphere down there I shall roll my eyes in an effort to projectile vomit upon them. You know why projectile vomit? Because crapping on their shoes is to civilized
I made the mistake of reading a Facebook thread where a fan suggested that Jada Coleman's walkoff HR was God's will because they prayed before the at bat. I typed a very long response and then deleted it because it wasn't worth it.

I know a player who played in that program who confirms that it's all a pile of crap and just a show.

I can see your eyes rolling while you wrote this lol
I I wonder if Texas and that slimey dude who coaches them would be in play for this Stanford pitcher!!! Hell they light their cigars with hundred dollar bills down there and I believe they could throw massive amounts of NIL money at her unless Del Conte, the AD, won’t allow a big chunk of money to go to a softball player and only allows that for Sark and the football program!!! 🤔

I I wonder if Texas and that slimey dude who coaches them would be in play for this Stanford pitcher!!! Hell they light their cigars with hundred dollar bills down there and I believe they could throw massive amounts of NIL money at her unless Del Conte, the AD, won’t allow a big chunk of money to go to a softball player and only allows that for Sark and the football program!!! 🤔

Just talk to a Texas fan about an hour ago with Texas NIL………She said that Texas does not throw much money towards softball. Volleyball is a different story. They pretty much drop a bank load for the volleyball program.

She wished they would but with the pitching staff they have in place with the pitcher coming from HS next yr…..she afraid that some of them will bail and hurt the team in the long run. Of course, she looking at long term and not for a quick short term of getting a natty.

I made the mistake of reading a Facebook thread where a fan suggested that Jada Coleman's walkoff HR was God's will because they prayed before the at bat. I typed a very long response and then deleted it because it wasn't worth it.

I know a player who played in that program who confirms that it's all a pile of crap and just a show.
We have an in-state family connection that pitched for Gasso (yeah, I know…) until she had to medically retire a couple of seasons back. I grew up with her dad‘s family and my daughter married into their family. She mentioned to me more than once how deceptive they are with the internal vs external shenanigans. She couldn’t stand Coleman.

They also tell me the Canady deal is very likely to happen. Now, they’re outside the program now so…..?

A was just about making a post about how with all of OU's graduates and all of the players we have coming back, plus our portal pick ups....why wouldn't we be the favorites to win it all next season?

But if Canady goes to the empire, forget that.

A was just about making a post about how with all of OU's graduates and all of the players we have coming back, plus our portal pick ups....why wouldn't we be the favorites to win it all next season?

But if Canady goes to the empire, forget that.

If that happens we obviously won't be the favorites - but I'm not conceding it to the goonettes, either.

If that happens we obviously won't be the favorites - but I'm not conceding it to the goonettes, either.
Agree. The gap is still closing. But that move would slow it down quite a lot.

Even if UT doesn't fund softball well, I'd think Mike White could get a booster or three to write a check to get her there. Will be interesting and annoying to see what happens.

If I were in her shoes knowing that a multi-million dollar professional contract isn't waiting for me after college, I'd have to look hard at opportunities that will have money in the bank for me when I finish my degree.

We have an in-state family connection that pitched for Gasso (yeah, I know…) until she had to medically retire a couple of seasons back. I grew up with her dad‘s family and my daughter married into their family. She mentioned to me more than once how deceptive they are with the internal vs external shenanigans. She couldn’t stand Coleman.

They also tell me the Canady deal is very likely to happen. Now, they’re outside the program now so…..?

It doesn’t surprise me if OU has a done deal to get Canady. I hope it’s not true…I hope it’s another school….but really hope she stays in Stanford

If I were in her shoes knowing that a multi-million dollar professional contract isn't waiting for me after college, I'd have to look hard at opportunities that will have money in the bank for me when I finish my degree.

True, but if her degree had "Stanford" on it the money would balance out in a few years.

True, but if her degree had "Stanford" on it the money would balance out in a few years.

Perhaps. Other than a few very selective fields, that advantage is overstated.

How much easier would your life have been if you were able to start your career debt-free and able to pay cash for a house?

I noticed that there are three OF in the portal:

1) Jalia Lassiter, Ole Miss CF .314 18 SB 29 RBI only 1 error in two years

2) Abby Dayton, Utah .431 26 RBI 2 years left

3) Alana Johnson, Washington .336 13 HR 40 RBI 2 years left

Back