2024-25 Offseason thread

Hathoot hit .382 for New Mexico last year and was named first team all Mountain West SHORTSTOP.....uh oh. Kenny G means business. Looks like she may be a true leadoff hitter, with the high average but only 2HR and 12RBI (there may not have been many Lobos to drive in).
Kinda remind me Rachel Becker numbers. Hit for average. It will be a good leadoff for us.

The question is….where will she play at? Macy Graf might be our CF next season. How McDonald has played last yr…..if she still productive, got to keep her in the lineup. Hope Wark at DP comes back 100% from her surgery and be a big contributor. The only position that she might take over is at SS over Bloodworth. The difference is Meagan’s hitting is not where we need her to be. Like the girl but not sure if she will be able to produce more than what she does.

Kinda remind me Rachel Becker numbers. Hit for average. It will be a good leadoff for us.

The question is….where will she play at? Macy Graf might be our CF next season. How McDonald has played last yr…..if she still productive, got to keep her in the lineup. Hope Wark at DP comes back 100% from her surgery and be a big contributor. The only position that she might take over is at SS over Bloodworth. The difference is Meagan’s hitting is not where we need her to be. Like the girl but not sure if she will be able to produce more than what she does.
I think it's pretty clear where she'll be. Doubt she'd transfer without some assurance of having a spot in the lineup.

I think it's pretty clear where she'll be. Doubt she'd transfer without some assurance of having a spot in the lineup.
The question becomes what happens to Bloodworth. The transfer portal is closed right now and doesn’t open again until December I think. She doesn’t hit well enough to be a consistent pinch hitter. I guess she could be used as a pinch runner. No where to move her in the infield. Not sure what the outfield situation looks like.

I'm sure Kenny told her if she bats .382 she'll be in the line-up -- somewhere. Probably also told her that she would have to compete for SS, but her competition hit under .200. It would be hard for OSU to get to the next level with sub- .200 hitters in the lineup.

Shes a slap hitter too. She could either be lead off or kenny might put her at 9 like he did with Chelsea Alexander

Shes a slap hitter too. She could either be lead off or kenny might put her at 9 like he did with Chelsea Alexander
I think you put her in the bottom of the order like OU did with Riley Boone. Someone who can turn over your lineup and make things happen on the base path.

Rather put Bloodworth at the 9 hole and let Delgadillo lead off..someone with over 150 stolen bases doesn’t sit at the 9 hole IMO
I agree, but I am just seeing what kenny did in the past and what OU did as well. Bloodworth has to put in work on her batting to maintain her spot too given what Kenny has recruited recently.

Rather put Bloodworth at the 9 hole and let Delgadillo lead off..someone with over 150 stolen bases doesn’t sit at the 9 hole IMO
I doubt Bloodworth sees the field with the new SS commit Kenny got out of the portal as well. Could definitely see the new girl leading off that that girl being the 9 hole though. Unlike Josh Holiday, Kenny doesn’t base playing time on seniority

I agree, but I am just seeing what kenny did in the past and what OU did as well. Bloodworth has to put in work on her batting to maintain her spot too given what Kenny has recruited recently.

Ehhh…OU and OSU are apples and oranges…OU had Coleman as their lead off. Only difference is Coleman’s can hit for power; while Boone doesn’t. Coleman could slap as well. Alexander can run…but this girl led the nation in stolen bases and has a career .390 BA. You experimented with Edwards and Davis at lead off both players didn’t work out to a degree. Someone has to lead off and seems like she fits the bill.

In terms of Bloodworth…i do think he has a soft spot for her. That said, seen this movie before and Kenny will sacrifice offense for defense. How will the SS from New Mexico handle the jump from competition? Who knows but is she not a lock to take the SS position off the back…unless Bloodworth is retiring I’d say not at the moment. I do like Kenny bringing her in anyway. Need the competition IMO.

Last edited:
I doubt Bloodworth sees the field with the new SS commit Kenny got out of the portal as well. Could definitely see the new girl leading off that that girl being the 9 hole though
I’m good with competition which is why she was brought in but let’s not assume she’s a lock just yet. She played at New Mexico, not like she came from a premier program. I’ll believe it when I see it in terms of benching Bloodworth

The new commit seems like a prototypical lead off hitter. Should be interesting how Vanessa uses her

Last edited:
I have to say that I was surprise with the latest commit….i was thinking that the roster was full. Now I am curious just how many can be on the team?

When we got Hathoot from New Mexico…part of me was thinking that she might be our CF or in a battle with Graf maybe Anderson. But now with this young lady, this tells me that Gajewski making a statement to Bloodworth by wanting more out of her or its going to be Hathoot job.

Gajewski has always sacrifice offense for good defense….if Hathoot defense is on par with Bloodworth or better…..she could very easily take the starting spot with a batter offense. It’s going to make fall ball very interesting to watch.

I’m good with competition which is why she was brought in but let’s not assume she’s a lock just yet. She played at New Mexico, not like she came from a premier program. I’ll believe it when I see it in terms of benching Bloodworth

The new commit seems like a prototypical lead off hitter. Should be interesting how Vanessa uses her
I'm sure there will be competition, but it doesn't look good for Bloodworth. When the HC brings in somebody who plays your position and you just hit .180, it's not an accident.

MB did hit .292 her freshman year at Alabama. So maybe she has it in her. What is more troubling than the low batting average to me is the awful on base percentage (.248) and only 9 walks. She'll have to make a MAJOR leap to even be servicable at the plate. If Cathoot even just hits .250, she's still a major upgrade. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be competition, but it doesn't look good for Bloodworth. When the HC brings in somebody who plays your position and you just hit .180, it's not an accident.

MB did hit .292 her freshman year at Alabama. So maybe she has it in her. What is more troubling than the low batting average to me is the awful on base percentage (.248) and only 9 walks. She'll have to make a MAJOR leap to even be servicable at the plate. If Cathoot even just hits .250, she's still a major upgrade. We'll see how it goes.
No it doesn't....which is why I have no issues with it. At the same time I'm willing to see how it plays out before casting Bloodworth aside. From what I've been told. The magic number was 4 kids from the portal

2 pitchers
1 experienced catcher
1 experienced INF, which they struck out on a couple kids

The OF from Cal State Fullerton was a bonus for the staff!!

The OF from Cal St Fullerton had to wait to see if NCAA gives her a waiver for another yr of eligibility. She tore her ACL two years ago early in the season.

2 weeks remaining on the LSCL. Here is the update on current Cowgirls who is playing.

Tayler Anderson

.536 AVG
62 PA
56 AB
.768 SLG%
.574 OB%
26 Runs
30 Hits
5 2B
1 3B
2 HR
13 RBI
5 SB

Macy Graf

.485 AVG
55 PA
33 AB
1.061 SLG%
.642 OB%
22 Runs
16 Hits
3 2B
2 3B
4 HR
20 RBI
5 SB

Logan Pickelsimer

.200 AVG
44 PA
35 AB
.371 SLG%
.310 OB%
11 Runs
7 Hits
2 HR
5 RBI

Katie Kutz

2.30 ERA
45.2 IP
67 K
23 BB
.243 BAA
45 Hits
1.49 WHIP
6 Wins

In terms of Bloodworth…i do think he has a soft spot for her. That said, seen this movie before and Kenny will sacrifice offense for defense. How will the SS from New Mexico handle the jump from competition? Who knows but is she not a lock to take the SS position off the back…unless Bloodworth is retiring I’d say not at the moment. I do like Kenny bringing her in anyway. Need the competition IMO.
Bloodworth was good defensively but lacked a little range and was below average charging the ball -- she gave up some hits because she didn't charge slower hit balls well. Hathoot is a natural SS -- I gotta think she'll charge the ball better. I'll be shocked if Hathoot doesn't win the job. Of course Kenny could move players around which allow Bloodworth the stay at SS.

Back