2024-25 Offseason thread

Bloodworth was good defensively but lacked a little range and was below average charging the ball -- she gave up some hits because she didn't charge slower hit balls well. Hathoot is a natural SS -- I gotta think she'll charge the ball better. I'll be shocked if Hathoot doesn't win the job. Of course Kenny could move players around which allow Bloodworth the stay at SS.
Bloodworth was solid no question, not spectacular much less elite but got the job done for the most part. The bat is the major problem. If she hits for average…I don’t think we go after a SS.

Hathoot is a natural SS that committed 12 errors against lesser competition. If she hits for average, it’s a big upgrade. How well she handles this level of competition is yet to be seen. It took Poullard over half of the season to adjust and she played better competition at McNeese than Rachel saw in New Mexico. Either way, I’m curious to see how it all plays out

LSCL has 4 games remaining. When all the games are done….i will post the final stats of the current Cowgirls that are playing down there.

Happy 4th to all.

Ok…I got on to get the final results of the Cowgirls that is playing in the LSCL in Austin….now they are showing games scheduled for tomorrow. On the app, it does say the final day will be on July 15th…I’m guessing they decide to only put game times down one day at a time now. In any case….here is the updated stats by our Cowgirls:

Batting Average:

.5563 Taylor Anderson 3rd in the league
.486 Macy Graf. 8th
.254 Logan Pickelsimer. 52nd

Plate Appearence:

96 Taylor Anderson T-3rd
71 Logan Pickelsimer T-28th
60 Macy Graf 39th

At-Bats

87 Taylor Anderson most in the league
59 Logan Pickelsimer T-29
37 Macy Graf T-50

SLG%

1.000 Macy Graf 5th
.736 Taylor Anderson 12th
.458 Logan Pickelsimer 43rd

On Base %

.638 Macy Graf 2nd
.596 Taylor Anderson 5th
.338 Pickelsimer 50th

Runs Scored

40 Taylor Anderson 1st
24 Macy Graf 11th
19 Pickelsimer T-22nd

Hits

49 Anderson 1st
18 Graf. T-38th
15 Pickelsimer T-44th

Doubles

7 Anderson T-6th
3 Graf & Pickelsimer T-31st

Triples

2 Graf T-2nd
1 Anderson T-6th
0 Pickelsimer

Home Runs

4 Graf T-12th
3 Pickelsimer T-14th
2 Anderson T-23rd

RBI

20 Graf T-13th
15 Anderson T-28th
10 Pickelsimer T-38th

Stolen Base

15 Anderson T-1st
6 Graf T-13th
2 Pickelsimer T-25th

Pitching
Katie Kutz

3.46 ERA 2nd in the league
62.2 IP 1st
92 Strikeouts 1st
30 BB 2nd
.251 BAA 2nd
67 hits allowed T-6th
1.55 WHIP 4th
8 wins T-1st (her team has a total of 9 wins)

Not sure the exact date but around Sept 1st is when the Class of 2026 will be pledging their commitments to the college of their choice.

I’m expecting another back to back top recruiting class to go with the 2025 who will sign their NLI on November 13th

We have a change in staff….

Stacie Pestrak has taken a job as an assistant coach at UCF, which is a home coming for her as she returns to the state of Florida. I wish her well as she’s been good for us the past six years. She’ll be missed.

Whether it was coaching on the field, working as admin such as director of operations. She did anything and everything she was asked to do.

We have a change in staff….

Stacie Pestrak has taken a job as an assistant coach at UCF, which is a home coming for her as she returns to the state of Florida. I wish her well as she’s been good for us the past six years. She’ll be missed.

Whether it was coaching on the field, working as admin such as director of operations. She did anything and everything she was asked to do.
I heard it about a week ago that she was heading back to Florida. Much respect to Coach P and I wish her nothing but the best….as long it’s not against us. Good coach and a great person.

I hope so…but with Meylan and Crandall leading the way, if she wants to the challenge for the third spot…it’s definitely up for grabs
Considering she was never even competitive last year she has a lot of room to work. My post in no way implied she's up for one of the top slots. Just expecting a more competitive showing from her for 2025.

Both of our signees Vandewater and Hoffman played in the Alliance HS All-Star game. Game was on CBSSports. Didn’t get to watch the game.

Hoffman pitched the 4th inning.
Vandewater with a diving catch to keep the bases clear

That the only thing that I know of what they have done.

Game end in a 4-4 tie.

Back