WVU game

Absolutely true. But the turnovers are also a big issue. I believe WVU had 15 points of turnovers in the first half. The guards have 8 of the 11 turnovers in the first half. Boynton has to hold his guards accountable for all their turnovers. His teams will never be anything above average until he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Case in point. Harris comes in and throws a bad pass to Asberry, it gets intercepted and is an easy layup on the other end. Harris makes no effort to run down the floor in an attempt to defend the layup from the bad pas he just made. To Boynton’s credit Harris does get the bench but there is no coach in his ear.

Young people have to know what they are doing wrong in real time with consequences to learn.

These refs are just awful. When did WVU become such a flopping team? I thought Huggins was above that trash play.

we suck again GIF

HCMB in postgame:

"I thought the stat sheet doesn't tell the whole story...but its pretty clear that WVU's physicality wore on us. You can't shoot poorly, turn it over, and get out-rebounded and win."

"Both teams fouled alot, but they imposed their will and and we didn't."

"I thought our guys tried to respond a little bit, we played a little bit better in the second half. But you have to start that way."

"We didn't have Boone in there much, and then his night ended on that altercation."

"We have to get back to having defensive grit and toughness. We haven't had it since Ames. We have to find a way to get more stops and more easy baskets."

That was really it. Sounded the same as always.

Back