WVU game

Serious question: how does Boynton get a pass? All I ever read on here is how bad of a coach he is.
Yeah I don't agree that Boynton gets a pass either. Plenty of people would not be sad to see him go. I guess it seems like he gets a pass because everyone has become so apathetic toward OSU bball that most don't have the energy or care to scream out loud about it.

If it makes you feel better that number is actually closer to $3,000,000 and the buyout for the next 2 yrs if I calculated right is $11,000,000ish and $9,000,000. Then it drops to $6,000,000 and $4,000,000.

He’s not going anywhere for a while unless the St John’s/Georgetown rumors get legs.
Please have legs. An east coast guy like him needs a change of scenery.

No way they take him finishing in the bottom half of the conference
Stranger coaching hires have happened before. Like Sark to Texas who top season wins was 9 games and that was only once before Texas hired him. Hopefully one of these schools see Boynton as a diamond in the rough with tremendous upside.

Recruiting doesn’t matter as much as results. Gundy normally gets those, Boynton hasn’t so far.
Mike Gundy has also been here for over 20 years as an assistant and a head coach. In basketball, recruiting matters way more than in football. A good recruiting class can change a program in a year. That doesn't really happen in football with the sheer number of players involved. Not saying that Boyton shouldn't be on the hot seat. Just saying that I would give him another year. This is the first recruiting class that isn't weighed down by looming NCAA sanctions.

Mike Gundy has also been here for over 20 years as an assistant and a head coach. In basketball, recruiting matters way more than in football. A good recruiting class can change a program in a year. That doesn't really happen in football with the sheer number of players involved. Not saying that Boyton shouldn't be on the hot seat. Just saying that I would give him another year. This is the first recruiting class that isn't weighed down by looming NCAA sanctions.

Our recruiting (stars and rank) has far outweighed our results. Issue is we keep recruiting measurables and not basketball players.

Hasn’t even been close. Give me those 3* recruits and a 11/12 win season in football over whatever it is people think HCMB is accomplishing any day.
I guess this is my question: where are these people that you say are giving Boynton a pass and saying that he is accomplishing something? Maybe I’m just missing it, which is entirely possible, but as I said before all I see on here is people saying he is a bad coach and should be let go. I certainly get that there is a lot more Gundy bashing that goes on around here (and the old OP site) but I guess I haven’t necessarily seen the love that Coach Boynton gets either. Other than the comments about him being a really nice guy, which I happen to agree with.

Not wanting or trying to argue with you, but is it possible that your dislike for Boynton (as a coach) has you wanting to see more disdain for him on here because you see so much for Gundy? Again, not wanting to argue but I’m just not seeing what you seem to be?

Not wanting or trying to argue with you, but is it possible that your dislike for Boynton (as a coach) has you wanting to see more disdain for him on here because you see so much for Gundy? Again, not wanting to argue but I’m just not seeing what you seem to be?
I’d say this entirely possible and probably realistic.

I guess this is my question: where are these people that you say are giving Boynton a pass and saying that he is accomplishing something? Maybe I’m just missing it, which is entirely possible, but as I said before all I see on here is people saying he is a bad coach and should be let go. I certainly get that there is a lot more Gundy bashing that goes on around here (and the old OP site) but I guess I haven’t necessarily seen the love that Coach Boynton gets either. Other than the comments about him being a really nice guy, which I happen to agree with.

Mainly certain other OSU websites and also twitter.

Back