The Steross Market and Investing Thread

Stay put when everyone is running for the exits. (hopefully you don't get roasted in the fire) The contrarian view works extremely well when there is a scare. My father in law bailed early on the market in 2008. It was a really great move except he was too scared to get back in. It has really hampered my mother in law after he passed. She has been back in the market since but, they missed on that big V correction. (no, not vigina you dirty pervert)
Masses are azzess

Last edited by a moderator:
Swing and a miss for Enphase. Down 14% AH on earnings. I don't own a position but the coming months could be a good time to pick up solar stocks on the slowdown.

Rolls-Royce (RYCEY) in the middle of a pretty under the radar turnaround right now thanks to pandemic cost cutting efficiencies, narrow body aircraft demand, and they're also building small nuclear reactors.

Nobody really seems to be buying / selling houses in my neighborhood right now. But everybody is renovating or updating (for example, I just got a quote to turn the 3rd bay of my garage into a man cave. $20k for framing, drywall, insulation, and minor electrical). What's a good stock that reflects that trend, so I can pay for my man cave.

Nobody really seems to be buying / selling houses in my neighborhood right now. But everybody is renovating or updating (for example, I just got a quote to turn the 3rd bay of my garage into a man cave. $20k for framing, drywall, insulation, and minor electrical). What's a good stock that reflects that trend, so I can pay for my man cave.
URNM or Microstrategy

WIRE, BLDR

Lots of smoke around orange juice as of late. Looks like a pretty good bet to short . March '24 contract closed at around 364 today. Disclaimer: I don't trade OJ but several analysts that I respect are screaming to sell it at these levels.

Rate cuts in 2024. If the underlying economy keeps doing well. The markets are going to really like it.

Fed leaves interest rates steady and may be done with hikes​

Markets popped on hopes that borrowing costs would come down in the near future, and major indexes continued climbing through the afternoon. At the close, the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 512.3 points, or 1.4 percent, to a record high of 37,090.24. The S&P 500 index climbed 1.37 percent, and the Nasdaq 1.38 percent.

Back