The Steross Market and Investing Thread

jobob85

Bent Member
Patreon Supporter
@steross had started this thread in the old forum but, I've waited as long as my short attention span will allow.

When CAVA went public with their IPO in mid June I jumped on board. It gives me the same vib as Chipolte Mexican Grill did back in the day. I owned CMG for a while but let it go way too early. I plan to hold this one long term.

My daughter loves CAVA.

I had thought of this last week.... but didn't get around to it.

I have posted videos from this guy before and really like his concepts often.

In this most recent, he discusses the long-term interplay of stocks and bonds and the possible trend change from what we have all experienced for most, or all, of our adult lives. It is long but I watch on high speed and slow it when I want to.

My daughter loves CAVA.

I had thought of this last week.... but didn't get around to it.

I have posted videos from this guy before and really like his concepts often.

In this most recent, he discusses the long-term interplay of stocks and bonds and the possible trend change from what we have all experienced for most, or all, of our adult lives. It is long but I watch on high speed and slow it when I want to.
I like hearing your daughter loves CAVA. I have noticed that the Mediterranean trend has been picking up and hopefully will sweep CAVA up with it.
Sorry I jumped your thread - Mea Culpa

Liked the video and remember him from before. Did you send the 500k and open an account with him? 😏 I've never been a big bond fan. Left my last advisor because they wanted to take me to a 60% bond position and wouldn't construct a portfolio with 80% stock for me. I am now 75% stock and really wouldn't mind a 100% position since I have a 2 year cash cushion that could ride out most down markets.

As a continuation of the CAVA thought GEN Korean BBQ just had an IPO (GENK) and they also hava a good vib to me. Weird that I am looking at restaurant stocks since I usually look at tech stocks but, CMG has gone up 50 fold in 17 years and I would like to hit on a trend like that

I like hearing your daughter loves CAVA. I have noticed that the Mediterranean trend has been picking up and hopefully will sweep CAVA up with it.
Sorry I jumped your thread - Mea Culpa

Liked the video and remember him from before. Did you send the 500k and open an account with him? 😏 I've never been a big bond fan. Left my last advisor because they wanted to take me to a 60% bond position and wouldn't construct a portfolio with 80% stock for me. I am now 75% stock and really wouldn't mind a 100% position since I have a 2 year cash cushion that could ride out most down markets.

As a continuation of the CAVA thought GEN Korean BBQ just had an IPO (GENK) and they also hava a good vib to me. Weird that I am looking at restaurant stocks since I usually look at tech stocks but, CMG has gone up 50 fold in 17 years and I would like to hit on a trend like that
I've had CAVA twice this week and three times last week. I should pay myself with some of that savory honey harrisa chicken and crazy feta...mmmm.....uh... stock.

I have been lurking, just waiting for this thread to be resurrected. DASH is my invest in companies you use play. It was really impressive how quickly they cornered the delivery market. The kids love it too.

I took up a position on natural gas yesterday. Risky gamble for sure. I'm betting on mother nature this winter. Just let me be stupid. Thanks.

I’m assuming you think prices are going up. Nov-Mar running 3.70ish (helps if you got in today before the nice move up. Storage 1/2T above 22 and 1/3T above 5 yr. El Niño forecasted thru winter. Rigs pretty much flat to last yr.

I’m assuming you think prices are going up. Nov-Mar running 3.70ish (helps if you got in today before the nice move up. Storage 1/2T above 22 and 1/3T above 5 yr. El Niño forecasted thru winter. Rigs pretty much flat to last yr.

Yep. Got in yesterday and my NG ETF popped 9ish% today. Thinking of getting out now…

Yep. Got in yesterday and my NG ETF popped 9ish% today. Thinking of getting out now…
While the term speculation elicits high risk, that’s not always the case. This is one of those times where high risk isn’t involved. What dates are you looking to exit? A few weeks after a good January or February cold snap?

Glad you got a great short term pop. Kudos. If you are wanting to take profit might look at timing of storage report release tomorrow morning. There’s probably more upside to be had but if there’s downward revision to last week or tomorrow’s report surprises to the downside your 9% could become 4-5% pretty quick. It could also surprise to the upside but w the movement we had today you could still get some more uptick but could be muted a bit.

I’m really surprised at how strong Nov-Mar is given storage, El Niño winter forecasts and slow start to hurricane season. If I had any stones and had profit like yours I’d be looking at options to take advantage of any upward movement as I think we are getting to the upper end of the price range (maybe have 10-15 percent upside) but would more heavily short to get bigger returns if we have warm start to winter (could easily erode 20-25 percent of contract value).

Also could hedge by taking profit and putting some in pure NG companies to capture the upside and using options to cheaply take advantage if Nov-Mar loses value. Fun stuff.

Alright which way does NVDA go after close today?
mother of god danger GIF

Back