Schedule

Tech, KU and UCF have really easy schedules.

Not a single team has a nationally ranked top 20 schedule. Not good for the Big 12 ever getting a second team into the playoffs.
If three BIG 12 teams can win at least 9 games then we should get two in the playoff.

If three BIG 12 teams can win at least 9 games then we should get two in the playoff.
9 wins won't get a non-champion Big 12 team in the playoff. 10 will still be iffy. Honestly we just need to root hard for the Big 12 to get at least two in. Three would be incredible, but seems unlikely. Next year is a VERY big year. The Big 12 can't go out and lay an egg. We need to keep pace with the B1G and SEC as much as possible.

Last edited:
9 wins won't get a non-champion Big 12 team in the playoff. 10 will still be iffy. Honestly we just need to root hard for the Big 12 to get at least two in. Three would be incredible, but seems unlikely. Next year is a VERY big year. The Big 12 can't go out a lay an egg. We need to keep pace with the B1G and SEC as much as possible.
You’re spot on. With the SEC & B1G effectively meeting to break away from the NCAA, the perception of two elite leagues then everyone else is about to happen.

Want your conference to have a good year? Pray that the stars align & you get great QB play.

Last edited:
You’re spot on. With the SEC & B1G effectively meeting to break away from the NCAA, the perception of two elite leagues then everyone else is about to happen.

Want your conference to have a good year? Pray that the stars align & you get great WB play.
They are not trying to break away. However, I'm sure the B1G and SEC love people thinking that as it distracts from the truth which is also very bad. The B1G and SEC are trying to push their influence and power as much as possible. They want to try to get a higher share of the CFP money than the B12 and ACC. They want more favoritism on getting their schools in. More power in the voting. Though it isn't a breakaway, people should not discount how bad this can be. The Big 12 CANNOT let an official line be drawn between them and the B1G/SEC. That will just compound over time and become a self fulfilling prophecy. They NEED to maintain equal revenue shares in the next CFP agreement so they can work on narrowing the divide in media money.

They are not trying to break away. However, I'm sure the B1G and SEC love people thinking that as it distracts from the truth which is also very bad. The B1G and SEC are trying to push their influence and power as much as possible. They want to try to get a higher share of the CFP money than the B12 and ACC. They want more favoritism on getting their schools in. More power in the voting. Though it isn't a breakaway, people should not discount how bad this can be. The Big 12 CANNOT let an official line be drawn between them and the B1G/SEC. That will just compound over time and become a self fulfilling prophecy. They NEED to maintain equal revenue shares in the next CFP agreement so they can work on narrowing the divide in media money.
1000%

If we start 5-0 we could go undefeated.
Get by KSU and Utah and let momentum build.

I like the nonconference. I like the way the schedule lays out for us

I’m hoping to make BYU and Boulder road trips,

I plan on hosting some sort of tailgate (weather depending) for the CU game in Boulder, with food from my restaurant. I'll post more info when the time gets near.

I'm SO stoked to be able to watch OSU play in Colorado again.
I’m friends with Meredith if you want her contact info

Tech, KU and UCF have really easy schedules.

Not a single team has a nationally ranked top 20 schedule. Not good for the Big 12 ever getting a second team into the playoffs.
I’ll wait until December to worry about if we get screwed out of the playoffs.

I personally like that we have Ark on our nonconference schedule; I’m assuming Yourmark will be more proactive in setting up made for TV nonconference games in the future

I’ll wait until December to worry about if we get screwed out of the playoffs.

I personally like that we have Ark on our nonconference schedule; I’m assuming Yourmark will be more proactive in setting up made for TV nonconference games in the future
The conference commissioners have say in scheduling for member schools?

9 wins won't get a non-champion Big 12 team in the playoff. 10 will still be iffy. Honestly we just need to root hard for the Big 12 to get at least two in. Three would be incredible, but seems unlikely. Next year is a VERY big year. The Big 12 can't go out and lay an egg. We need to keep pace with the B1G and SEC as much as possible.
If by "keep pace" you mean get as many teams in as them, it's never going to happen, ever. The bluebloods with all the resources are consolidated in those two leagues. The only time the Big 12 gets two teams in is if both teams in the CCG are undefeated and the runner up ends up with only the CCG as a loss. That's just the way it is now. As long as the champion gets in, we'll be fine.

Yes Sankey was a big part of SEC scheduling- and negotiation with TV networks - especially with season kickoff games.
I think the landscape has changed dramatically since then. But if you're correct, than every commissioner outside of the BIG and SEC should tell them to pound sand. In every sport. What is their TV revenue worth then when all they do is play one another week in and week out. Sure there will be a big match up somewhere but there will be Oregon v Vanderbilt, ou v Rutgers, or Texas v Northwestern many more times over. I am only in this camp if those two conference keep sabre rattling about breaking off. Will require everyone to stand together and fight back against them.

Back