Schedule

When was the last time we played the Friday after Thanksgiving? I don't recall it happening, when Bedlam was year end it was always on that Saturday. The ratings should be good including the Coach Prime effect, especially if they are better than last year.

This is really good for us. We are always beat to hell the second half of the season and this should help us a lot. I wish we had two byes most years.

I like this schedule a lot. Lots of quality games and breaks to rest/heal up.

When was the last time we played the Friday after Thanksgiving? I don't recall it happening, when Bedlam was year end it was always on that Saturday. The ratings should be good including the Coach Prime effect, especially if they are better than last year.
According to the OSU press release, it’s the first Black Friday game in school history.

Only 6 home games though.. that's disappointing from both a fan and a Stillwater economic impact standpoint as well.
Should flip next year. The back to back trips to Waco and Ft Worth from 2022 are kind of ridiculous but oh well, Tech as to come back to us back to back. Having played ASU the last two seasons was surprised they paired us again but we knew it was coming.

If we can go undefeated into the first bye we will be looking VERY VERY solid. That would easily put us in the top ten and in very good position to at least get an at large bid to the new 12 team playoff.

On another note has anyone noticed how entitled all the Utah fans seem to be? I have yet to see one that doesn't consider winning the conference a forgone occlusion. Case in point. The replies to this Big 12 Barstool post:

Theyre pretty obnoxious on twitter. With Cam Rising they're going to be a tough out, glad we get them at home this year.

Theyre pretty obnoxious on twitter. With Cam Rising they're going to be a tough out, glad we get them at home this year.
Cam Rising will not have played a competitive down of football in a year when the new season kicks off. Who knows if he will return to form after being out for a year. Glad we are getting them early while he could potentially still be getting his legs back under him. Take UCF for example. We might have beaten them this year if we played them earlier. John Rhys Plumblee took a while to get back in rhythm. We just happened to catch them after he had.

Tech, KU and UCF have really easy schedules.

Not a single team has a nationally ranked top 20 schedule. Not good for the Big 12 ever getting a second team into the playoffs.

Back