OSU vs Loyola Marymount

8th inning, bases, loaded two outs, why do you not bring in McLean to close it out and close out the ninth and go home. Just head scratching decisions on the pitching mound as usual.

McLean closed out game one so I can see not going with him to close out game two of a double header.

Also, one would think, against LMU, Walton should be able to let a lesser arm audition and feel good about closing things out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T2
Phillips allows a hit but Ks 2

B2
Schubart hits one out of the stadium to left center, solo shot

Brugeman doubles home Brown

Riggio doubles home Brugeman

Benge reaches on error and Riggio scores

5-0 OSU

Last edited:
Lots of good swings today, but this offense won't really take off until Ehrhard (injured) and Brown get back to their ways of hitting for contact and batting well over .300. They are a combined 5 for 42 so far with 13 strikeouts.

Good bounce back after letting one go yesterday. We were actually driving back from Stillwater so I didn’t get to see much of it but once we got home, I turned it on, I think it was 6-1 in the 5th, and I didn’t see a single strike out on any of our hitters who went to the plate. I can’t remember the last time that happened regardless of opponent.

The hitters are only gonna get better as the year goes on. If we can work out the staff, I think they’ll be pretty salty at just the right time.

Pretty good week. Went 3 and 1 and pitched well in 3 of the 4 games. The offense came alive for the last two games. At Missouri State this week then back home for 3 against Austin Peay. Hopefully we can start to rack up some wins. Current record is 4-3.

Back