OSU v Texas Tech

Down 9 at half
After that start - not great

When the Cowboys built the lead penetrating and getting shots at the rim, tech began pressuring the ball beyond the 3 point line. The Cowboys were absolutely clueless and soft on how to attack the pressure. Passed it around the perimeter for 25 seconds then jack up a three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over It Whatever GIF

I always cheer for the Cowboys and hope they win. But I just don’t think this team can play defense or offense consistently enough to recover from a 14 point deficit. Especially with the poor free throw shooting.

Don’t forget the fact we’ve fouled another 3 point shooter amid the 19-2 run.
This is what might be the most frustrating thing about Boynton. Fans on a message board see that we are awful at 3 point close outs. Have been for years under Boynton.

It’s cost us several games including last Saturday. You would think if we see how bad we are at this and have been that coach paid 3 mother effing million dollars would change how we close out or our discipline on close outs.

But just like most other aspects of his coaching nothing changes.

This is what might be the most frustrating thing about Boynton. Fans on a message board see that we are awful at 3 point close outs. Have been for years under Boynton.

It’s cost us several games including last Saturday. You would think if we see how bad we are at this and have been that coach paid 3 mother effing million dollars would change how we close out or our discipline on close outs.

Agreed. But he can’t coach.

Good coaches get their team to do the things needed to win consistently. Boynton’s teams continue to do stupid things that cost them games. The bad habits of his teams do not change.

I know but for the last 5 years I’ve watched every game with the hope that “this is the game. This is the time he’s figured it out.”

He hasn’t and he won’t. We are stuck for the rest of this year and probably 2 more.
I literally sighed when I read your last sentence.

I know but for the last 5 years I’ve watched every game with the hope that “this is the game. This is the time he’s figured it out.”

He hasn’t and he won’t. We are stuck for the rest of this year and probably 2 more.

You are spot on about Boynton and I hate it. He does everything right, not just right but exceptional - except win. I really like him and hate that he can’t coach to win consistently.

Back