OSU at Southern Illinois

Honest question to all - do we think Boynton will be fired after this season? Just trying to mentally prepare myself for when I will be able to tune in again, this most certainly is not worth my time.

Honest question to all - do we think Boynton will be fired after this season? Just trying to mentally prepare myself for when I will be able to tune in again, this most certainly is not worth my time.
There’s no way he can survive. I would assume osu has never lost to 3 mid majors in a season.

I mean he could survive running the table in league play but that would take every other teams top 7-8 players being injured for the season and still then it’s not a guarantee. They will lose by 20 a game in league play.

Worst start since 1986.
So legitimately the worst team of my lifetime as I was 9 months old.

Osu could find a better coach driving a 200 mile radius and checking out every d2 and lower program. And never for get we paid an outside service millions to find boynton.

Let Scott Sutton finish the season as interim. I don't know how he sits and watches this crap every night....watch his and his fathers legacy torn down brick by brick
Isn’t this the logical thing to do? What am I missing here? Scott could even stay on next year to help with the buyout situation. Surely he wouldn’t command big money. I guarantee you the product would be better.

Isn’t this the logical thing to do? What am I missing here? Scott could even stay on next year to help with the buyout situation. Surely he wouldn’t command big money. I guarantee you the product would be better.
When was the last time the athletic department did anything logical regarding basketball. I mean we wouldn’t pay underwood but threw the bag at Boynton.

Sutton could finish the year but after that you would have to find a long term solution. Otherwise all your players leave and would be impossible to recruit without knowing who “the guy” is.

When was the last time the athletic department did anything logical regarding basketball. I mean we wouldn’t pay underwood but threw the bag at Boynton.

Sutton could finish the year but after that you would have to find a long term solution. Otherwise all your players leave and would be impossible to recruit without knowing who “the guy” is.
Have to hope that Weiberg is smarter about the basketball program than Holder. My gut tells me though that he is enamored by the fact that Boynton is a nice guy.

A proven one like we got? That has a 9 mil buyout for no reason. That was my point. Again he wouldn’t have been worse, that’s not an assumption. Mike boynton recruits athletes and can’t develop players. I wouldn’t have taken my shot with Doug back then and would now, over a boynton type candidate. None of this anymore of an assumption than saying he wouldn’t be the answer.
I was never a fan of the boynton hire…think we settled then..still do. Still this day never understood the Doug hype. All he is…well a talking radio head in Cali but somehow he’s the answer? How about we actually get a coach that is actually a coach. Doug wants the job handed to him…it’s hard no. I’m tired of settling…Doug would be a the equivalent of settling. That’s not an assumption, that’s just fact. Boynton is more qualified than Doug and I’m not a fan of Mike boynton at all.

I was never a fan of the boynton hire…think we settled then..still do. Still this day never understood the Doug hype. All he is…well a talking radio head in Cali but somehow he’s the answer? How about we actually get a coach that is actually a coach. Doug wants the job handed to him…it’s hard no. I’m tired of settling…Doug would be a the equivalent of settling. That’s not an assumption, that’s just fact. Boynton is more qualified than Doug and I’m not a fan of Mike boynton at all.
The best hire would be a mid-major coach who has proven he can win.....another Brad Underwood....and there are lots of them out there. OSU is still a good job. Great facilities, great conference, great history, and a fan base that WANTS to support. Holder was so lazy in narrowing it down to Boyton/Gottlieb.

We really don't know what Doug would have done, but could it have been any worse? I bet he'd at least carry over some discipline from what he'd learned from Eddie. But, we'll never know. Still, he should not be the next guy we hire.

The best hire would be a mid-major coach who has proven he can win.....another Brad Underwood....and there are lots of them out there. OSU is still a good job. Great facilities, great conference, great history, and a fan base that WANTS to support. Holder was so lazy in narrowing it down to Boyton/Gottlieb.

We really don't know what Doug would have done, but could it have been any worse? I bet he'd at least carry over some discipline from what he'd learned from Eddie. But, we'll never know. Still, he should not be the next guy we hire.
I vote for the creighton coach

I wouldn’t say he’s just a talking head. Comes from a family of coaching (his father and brother) has the Iba/sutton mentality instilled in him. He legitimately knows basketball. Osu wont be in a place to spend a ton of money to Bring in some splash hire. So they will be limited on options. Whoever they hire is going to be a risk. I mean I don’t see the harm in letting him finish out the year try and prove himself. The whole point is they went with boynton because he was somewhat “experienced” and it was a complete disaster. not to mention they apparently couldn’t find anyone to take the job 7 years ago, and the program is in significantly worse shape now. I mean in 7 years as a head coach Mike boynton still can’t coach. So it’s not always about experience. The difference in boynton and Doug, and this is my opinion only, Doug wouldn’t have torn the program down he would have walked away if it didn't work. Is Doug the answer, I have no idea. do I think he’d be better than boynton, absolutely.

Back