Game 3 @Sam Houston

Pokes still looking for that first win. OSU's starting pitcher is Janzen Keisel 0-0 7.85 ERA 18.1 IP 34 K 19BB
SHSU goes for the sweep with RHP Miles Hellums — 0-1, 6.52 ERA in 16 appearances (1 start); 27 K, 29 BB in 29.0 IP

Last edited:
I think I should point out that SHSU was 39-24 last year and finished 22-8 in the WAC (that's a ton of league games!) AND advanced farther in regional play (1-2) than we did. I'M NOT MAKING EXCUSES as I'm as disappointed as anyone, but some seem to think this is some team in the 300's in the RPI. They have talent.

Just like basketball, we need to quit scheduling these talented mid-majors that circle this game/series on their calendar every year. Just go ahead and play a traditional power if you want competition. However, we don't have the midweek excuse on this one. Just flat our getting our butts kicked so far.

T1
Ehrhard flies out to CF on first pitch
Benge walks (stats show this guy had control problems last year)
Wulfert swings at the first pitch and flies out to CF. Yet ANOTHER first pitch out
Brueggeman pops out to 3B

0 runs, 0 hits, 1 left

T1
Ehrhard flies out to CF on first pitch
Benge walks (stats show this guy had control problems last year)
Wulfert swings at the first pitch and flies out to CF. Yet ANOTHER first pitch out
Brueggeman pops out to 3B

0 runs, 0 hits, 1 left
The first pitch outs can be annoying especially this early in the game, but at least it's something different than just staring at fat fastballs right down the pipe for strike 1 every at bat like we've become accustomed to in recent years.

T2
Schubart swings at first pitch and the Texas leaguer drops for a double in RF
Meola walks
Crull sac bunt successful to 3rd. I get it, but the pitch was a ball and he may just give you a free pass
Sylvester sac fly to deep CF. Meola to 3rd
Forsythe grounds out to SS

1-0 OSU

Last edited:
T3
Ehrhard singles down the LF line. Sharply hit ball.
Benge hammers a single into LF
Wulfert RBI single to LF, Benge to 2nd (on the first pitch, I should note)
--mound visit
Bruegge reaches on a bloop single that drops down the LF line, bases FOC for the first time
Schubart sac fly to LF. Other runners hold.
Meola RBI single down the LF line. Runners at 1st and 2nd
Crull grounds into FC at 3rd
Sylvester reaches on single to 3B, bases full again
Forsyrhe singles up the middle, 2 runs score
--new pitcher
Ehrhard walks
Benge 2 run single to LF, Ehrhard to 3rd
Wulfert down swinging

7 runs, 8 hits, 2 left

8-0 OSU mid 3

Last edited:
Back