Game 2 @ SHSU

Chief says he is not worried about the offense at all as these guys are proven commodities and will get it going.

You can pencil me worried for it all. You can’t lose a series to Sam Houston State. You just can’t.

Just awful bullpen pitching. Walk in the first run to tie it up. Then walk the lead off batter in the bottom of 9. Then they have the opportunity to get the lead off walk (the potential and eventual game winning runner!) in a run down between second and third and decide, naa - I’m good. Let’s throw it to first. Don’t even make them get the ball out of the infield in the bottom of the 9th. Literally gave them the game with poor pitching and poor game awareness.

I know it is only the second game of the year but these were bad first two games. The team had no intensity and did not appear to be ready for the challenge.

The bright spot today was the starting pitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief says he is not worried about the offense at all as these guys are proven commodities and will get it going.

You can pencil me worried for it all. You can’t lose a series to Sam Houston State. You just can’t.
Chief is a great dude but he doesn't think OSU baseball should ever be criticized.

He's probably right. They will eventually hit. But to have ALL of them but one start so bad is an eyebrow raiser.

Last edited:
Chief is a great dude but he doesn't think OSU baseball should ever be criticized. He's probably right. They will eventually hit. But have ALL of them but one start so bad is an eyebrow raiser.
Agreed. It’s a concern for me. I get the weather was not “conducive” for great offense but good teams find ways to generate offense.

The issue has always been strikeouts and the inability to execute situational baseball. Hollidays offenses have always been built on the long ball. That’s fine if you can also execute to move runners and put the bat on the ball to score runs, but that has not been the case in his tenure.

I agree with him and not really worried about the lineup. There’s proven bats in there and they’ll get going. This is why you schedule a McNeese or Southern or somebody like that out of the gate, not someone who is going to challenge you like a SHSU or Grand Canyon.

Chief is a great dude but he doesn't think OSU baseball should ever be criticized.

He's probably right. They will eventually hit. But to have ALL of them but one start so bad is an eyebrow raiser.
If it wasn’t the same issue they’ve have for years I would maybe cut them some slack. Plate discipline issues have been a major for OSU baseball for a while now.

If it wasn’t the same issue they’ve have for years I would maybe cut them some slack. Plate discipline issues have been a major for OSU baseball for a while now.
Exactly. I think some are overreacting, BUT, when you immediately see the same problem(s) that has been around for quite some time, you get frustrated. It shows, or seems to, that there hasn't been much effort to correct it.

BUT, there have been 16 strikeouts in two games. That's not good, but its been much much worse than that. Many of us have seen OSU baseball teams strike out that many times in ONE game. To me, it's just an overall lack of quality ABs, especially getting themselves out early in the count. The approach at the plate just doesn't seem very focused or intense, especially for a program that says "win the next pitch." It's kind of like valuing possessions in basketball, which we're also all aware of how frustrating that is.

Holliday ball……big tall athletic guys swinging for the fences and striking out, wouldn’t know a base hit if it bit ‘em’ in the butt. Coupled with abysmal pitching……every…..flipping…….year. Someone tell me how this is any better than Frank Anderson ball?

Back