3 game home stand vs Iowa St.

Couple of things:

1) this team has been average at the plate in conference play, batting .265-.270.
2) one has to wonder the pressure of keeping up with OU has gotten to them.
3) last couple weekends, we’ve played down the level of competition

Unless we sweep Texas, might as well hand the conference title to OU. That said, everything is still in front of us. Pitching did enough, offense needs to pick up the slack and compete at the plate
That’s the sucky thing about playing in the same conference as OU. Instead of being happy about winning the series it feels like you didn’t win the series unless you sweep. Be glad when they are the SEC’s problem

Couple of things:

1) this team has been average at the plate in conference play, batting .265-.270.
2) one has to wonder the pressure of keeping up with OU has gotten to them.
3) last couple weekends, we’ve played down the level of competition

Unless we sweep Texas, might as well hand the conference title to OU. That said, everything is still in front of us. Pitching did enough, offense needs to pick up the slack and compete at the plate
I'm sure we'll snap out of it, but we definitely haven't played like a top 5 team in the past few weeks. ISU lost by a combined 25-2 to Texas. And with us it was 10-7.

That’s the sucky thing about playing in the same conference as OU. Instead of being happy about winning the series it feels like you didn’t win the series unless you sweep. Be glad when they are the SEC’s problem
It feels like we didn’t win the series b/c we played down to the competition and then some. If ISU was a quality team and flat out beat us, I can live with that. This is just a bad loss to a garbage opponent

I'm sure we'll snap out of it, but we definitely haven't played like a top 5 team in the past few weeks. ISU lost by a combined 25-2 to Texas. And with us it was 10-7.

Sadly we didn’t play like a top 3 team this weekend. Hopefully they’ll be more engaged in Austin. Should be play like this next week, we’ll go 0-4 next week.

First loss for Maxwell.
We had a combined 7 hits, but all were from just 3 players (Becker, Naomi, Wynne).

Back