2024 Portal Season

That's a good pick up. Not excited about his shooting percentage but I like that he rebounds, gets steals, and assists.

I'm 100% on board if Cisse comes back. His ability to alter shots at the rim was what was missing from our awful defense this year. He instantly makes you better and covers up a lot of defensive problems. Wel'll see.
Agree on Cisse. Many fans wanted Boynton gone. There's a legit possibility that Cisse knew he couldn't get it done either and left despite his love for OSU. Now that Boynton is gone, he might want to come back home.

Agree on Cisse. Many fans wanted Boynton gone. There's a legit possibility that Cisse knew he couldn't get it done either and left despite his love for OSU. Now that Boynton is gone, he might want to come back home.
Not to beat the horse but our inability to stop the pick and roll and defend the lane/rim was one of the most perplexing issues of the Boynton era.

Garrison is athletic enough and from his passing skills he has the court awareness, vision and anticipation to be able to defend ball screens but we were abused from first game to last game. Nothing changed until it finally did.

Not to beat the horse but our inability to stop the pick and roll and defend the lane/rim was one of the most perplexing issues of the Boynton era.

Garrison is athletic enough and from his passing skills he has the court awareness, vision and anticipation to be able to defend ball screens but we were abused from first game to last game. Nothing changed until it finally did.
IMO we never had an identity year to year with MB. Lutz has an established reputation and has recruited some stars. He has an elite defensive and uptempo style proven with multiple programs. I love getting an elite PG who can facilitate. Part of our shooting deficiencies have been due to lack of penetration the last decade minus Cade. We have not had a good point guard since Juwan Evans. Even Cade and Smart were not prototypical PGs. Speed, vision and protect the ball will do wonders for an offense

Did we, OSU and Boynton staff, recruit him out of high school???
It doesn't look like we recruited him out of high school. He had several P5 level offers, but we weren't one of them. I don't think we took a big man in that class because we already had a few on campus.

Jennings averaged 4.4 PPG & 3.3 RPG last year, but he was only averaging 12.4 minutes per game as a backup. His production should increase as his minutes increase. He should help to add depth in the front court.

On a side note, Moussa Cisse is still here. He was at the baseball game tonight. Hopefully he'll end up committing as well.

Would love to know more about the Cisse story. Did Garrison bump him out of lineup so he left? Not like MBs style of play? Did OleMiss offer $ and he was open to offers. He seems like he is on the brink of stardom. Would be amazing if Lutz could get him
on that Zach Edey slope of development. Not saying he’s a superstar but 25-30mins, 10pts, 6 rebs doesn’t sound too challenging

Quion Williams commits to… Abilene Christian? 🤔
Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

It sounds like Quion wanted a place where he could start and have an expanded role.

“They plan to have me come in as a starter where I can showcase that I'm more of a guard than just an athlete. Last year we played them and I showed glimpses of being guard but last year I was only allowed to do certain things. I really used my ability to rebound, guard and bring energy. I feel like I can do all that but bring more to the table. People don't know I can really get my teammates involved but I didn't show that because we had a true point guard already.”

It sounds like Quion wanted a place where he could start and have an expanded role.

“They plan to have me come in as a starter where I can showcase that I'm more of a guard than just an athlete. Last year we played them and I showed glimpses of being guard but last year I was only allowed to do certain things. I really used my ability to rebound, guard and bring energy. I feel like I can do all that but bring more to the table. People don't know I can really get my teammates involved but I didn't show that because we had a true point guard already.”
The move seemed odd initially but makes more sense now. Was looking for a place where he could develop over money. Will be curious to see what he does after next season if he has a good season.

Back