2024 Portal Season

Anyone remember that intramural team with Hart Lee & others on it? I forget who else, but that team was LOADED with some serious athletes.
I remember, my team played them and we got CRUSHED!!! I was literally crushed by, I think Garret Limbrick, we were going after a loose ball and all I remembered after that was the ceiling of the Colvin Center and a lot of stars circling my head like a cartoon character.

OSU did get a white guard from Colvin. Can't remember his name, something like Davis, idk. He played quite a bit, maybe in the early 70s, got a scholly I think, played for part of a year and maybe some of another, not sure. Good assist guy.

Nice,
OSU did get a white guard from Colvin. Can't remember his name, something like Davis, idk. He played quite a bit, maybe in the early 70s, got a scholly I think, played for part of a year and maybe some of another, not sure. Good assist guy.
Jay Davis.. aournd 86, 87 pulled him from the fraternity league.. Jay could play was smooth

Anyone remember that intramural team with Hart Lee & others on it? I forget who else, but that team was LOADED with some serious athletes.
I remember, my team played them and we got CRUSHED!!! I was literally crushed by, I think Garret Limbrick, we were going after a loose ball and all I remembered after that was the ceiling of the Colvin Center and a lot of stars circling my head like a cartoon character.
Wow, this is walk down memory lane.. Anyone remember Machoe Moore (played football 86, 87)? He was on our intramural team and we were making a run thru the intramural playoffs (this was either 86 or 87), he was basically our team couldn't stop him, alley oop to him or he just got every rebound (not mine I didn't miss 🤠).. deep in the intramural playoffs play a team of football players, Machoe no shows, run ended abrutly. JFYI, Machoe was in the movie "White Men Can't Jump".. that was the last I seen of him..

2 other bed time stories on this reply .. good Hart story, I hooked up with him at the Sugar Bowl vs Ole Miss to pre-game/tailgate.. we got so hammered I barely remember the game (which was a good thing considering how that game went).. But was a great time catching up with Hart. I saw Garrett at baseball tournament for 12U in Cooperstown, NY about 12 years ago.. Could see G coming from a mile away (couldn;t miss those bow legs).. We talked alot about the OU game and the bullshit personal foul call against him (he is still so pissed about it).. his team and son's team was from Katy, Texas.. there were 104 teams in the tourney.. We ended up playing them in them in the semi's .. beat them and we ended up winning the championship and beating a powerhouse team from Central Florida (that ended up having 2 MLB first rounders on it).

Had the honor of playing a team of football players in a 3 on 3 league. I got to cover Limbrick. That was not fun, dude is huge. He was cool about all the fouling I did as I attempted to cover him.

OSU is hosting the NCAA leader in steals on a visit: Arturo Dean from Florida International. 13.4 points, 5.1 rebounds (!), 4 assists, and 3.4 steals (!!) per game. According to 247sports article he is 5'9" and 145 lbs. Looks like he would have 2 years left to play. Obviously talented, appears to be overlooked (pun intended) because of his height and probably because of his shooting percentage and turnover numbers. With 9 open spots, I think he should get a look.

Lutz has some first hand knowledge of Dean as Western Kentucky faced FIU last year and Dean scored 15 points, had 3 rebounds, 5 assists, and 5 steals in that game. 5 turnovers as well.

Last edited:
OSU is hosting the NCAA leader in steals on a visit: Arturo Dean from Florida International. 13.4 points, 5.1 rebounds (!), 4 assists, and 3.4 steals (!!) per game. According to 247sports article he is 5'9" and 145 lbs. Looks like he would have 2 years left to play. Obviously talented, appears to be overlooked (pun intended) because of his height and probably because of his shooting percentage and turnover numbers. With 9 open spots, I think he should get a look.

Lutz has some first hand knowledge of Dean as Western Kentucky faced FIU last year and Dean scored 15 points, had 3 rebounds, 5 assists, and 5 steals in that game. 5 turnovers as well.

Looks like Dean is now listed as 5'11 and 165 on most every other site. Watching a bit of his highlights, he also doesn't look like he's 5'9. So who knows.

Wow, this is walk down memory lane.. Anyone remember Machoe Moore (played football 86, 87)? He was on our intramural team and we were making a run thru the intramural playoffs (this was either 86 or 87), he was basically our team couldn't stop him, alley oop to him or he just got every rebound (not mine I didn't miss 🤠).. deep in the intramural playoffs play a team of football players, Machoe no shows, run ended abrutly. JFYI, Machoe was in the movie "White Men Can't Jump".. that was the last I seen of him..

2 other bed time stories on this reply .. good Hart story, I hooked up with him at the Sugar Bowl vs Ole Miss to pre-game/tailgate.. we got so hammered I barely remember the game (which was a good thing considering how that game went).. But was a great time catching up with Hart. I saw Garrett at baseball tournament for 12U in Cooperstown, NY about 12 years ago.. Could see G coming from a mile away (couldn;t miss those bow legs).. We talked alot about the OU game and the bullshit personal foul call against him (he is still so pissed about it).. his team and son's team was from Katy, Texas.. there were 104 teams in the tourney.. We ended up playing them in them in the semi's .. beat them and we ended up winning the championship and beating a powerhouse team from Central Florida (that ended up having 2 MLB first rounders on it).
Aw...Mahcoe Moore...I think we were in the semi-finals of the GDI side and he was a no-show. Remember that well. We basically played with 4 guys because mark F. couldn't shoot. :) But you're right...we would throw alley-oops off the backboard and he would dunk it. that would have been spring 1987.

Nice,

Jay Davis.. aournd 86, 87 pulled him from the fraternity league.. Jay could play was smooth
Jay was a DU fraternity brother of mine from Edmond, Ok. He originally signed and played 1 year at ORU and then joined DU at OSU. He was a heck of athlete. We won Greek intramurals a few years in a row. Bill Self and the rest of the Edmond boys would be over at the house playing 3 v 3. Jay could play and beat him most of the time. When BS came back under Leonard H. He recruited Jay to walk on. which he did and started at PG for OSU. last I heard, Jay was working for the KATT in OKC. Jay was awesome dude,!

Looks like Dean is now listed as 5'11 and 165 on most every other site. Watching a bit of his highlights, he also doesn't look like he's 5'9. So who knows.
I guess when it comes to measurables listed on a roster I always believe that the smaller numbers are probably more accurate.

We've had a few two-sport guys at OSU. Reuben Gant was a starting TE in football in early 70s. He walked on in basketball in latter part of one season, played a bit another year. Mainly to fill out a depleted roster.

R.W. McQuarters played DB, WR and a great punt & kick returner in football in mid-90s, and was a very physical guard in basketball for a couple of years. He averaged close to ten minutes a game and played over 20 one year, could probably have had a basketball scholarship if he'd have concentrated on that, but he was superior in football, 1st round draft choice in NFL.

Another very good receiver played a handful of basketball games too in '06 & '07 basketball, Adarius Bowman. Really depleted roster then too.

That's a good pick up. Not excited about his shooting percentage but I like that he rebounds, gets steals, and assists.

I'm 100% on board if Cisse comes back. His ability to alter shots at the rim was what was missing from our awful defense this year. He instantly makes you better and covers up a lot of defensive problems. Wel'll see.

Jay was a DU fraternity brother of mine from Edmond, Ok. He originally signed and played 1 year at ORU and then joined DU at OSU. He was a heck of athlete. We won Greek intramurals a few years in a row. Bill Self and the rest of the Edmond boys would be over at the house playing 3 v 3. Jay could play and beat him most of the time. When BS came back under Leonard H. He recruited Jay to walk on. which he did and started at PG for OSU. last I heard, Jay was working for the KATT in OKC. Jay was awesome dude,!

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/1987/01/25/osu-walk-on-davis-takes-ames-by-storm/62702056007/
"The play of Jay Davis is miraculous," Hamilton said. "This is a young man who has not played varsity basketball for three years, who played intramural basketball last year at OSU, and who now is a starting point guard at Oklahoma State.

The great thing about Cisse is Page stayed so the staff knows everything about him. Grades, attendance, attitude etc. If Page left, Lutz wouldn’t have had much insight. Cisse is a dominating presence and there will not be anyone in the portal we can probably get with similar size/defense/skills. Lutz will develop him. Not free range And1 style. Same with Arturo. He’s not getting to pro ball by shooting. He may avg 10 assts/game this yr with an established intelligent coach

The great thing about Cisse is Page stayed so the staff knows everything about him. Grades, attendance, attitude etc. If Page left, Lutz wouldn’t have had much insight. Cisse is a dominating presence and there will not be anyone in the portal we can probably get with similar size/defense/skills. Lutz will develop him. Not free range And1 style. Same with Arturo. He’s not getting to pro ball by shooting. He may avg 10 assts/game this yr with an established intelligent coach
Interesting about Cisse! I guess he found out that whatever deals he got at Old Miss maybe weren’t so great at the end, plus Chris Beard is a good coach but apparently a VERY ODD DUCK!!! 🤔

That's a good pick up. Not excited about his shooting percentage but I like that he rebounds, gets steals, and assists.

I'm 100% on board if Cisse comes back. His ability to alter shots at the rim was what was missing from our awful defense this year. He instantly makes you better and covers up a lot of defensive problems. Wel'll see.
If I heard right Dean was the NCAA leader in steals. Averaged 13ppg, 5 rebounds per game and 4 assists. He definitely filled up the box score.

I like the pick up. Need to get a big and a couple of shooters or we will struggle getting buckets.

My wish list is to keep Garrison, sign Padilla and get another shooter.

Back