What do you want to see different out of the bye week?

GratefulPoke

Administrator
Staff member
Patreon Supporter
Self explanatory.

1)I would like to see players that will be out of eligibility at the end of the year benched in favor of giving underclassmen experience. We are playing for next year now.

2) I don't want to see Alan Bowman take another snap for us. Thank you for your service and the 2023 bedlam win. I will always remember that. It's time to assess our QB situation for next year and if it is lackluster, get a decent guy from the portal to compete. I want to see what Flores and Smith brings to the table specifically.

3) Figure out what defensive alignment we are going to run. Part of our issue is that we are so multiple, no one really knows what their assignments are.

As things stand, I want complete turnover in our offensive coaching staff in the off season outside of Woz, and I want Joe Bob moved back to d line at minimum.

I agree about Bowman. He can start networking for his future; hope he opens a sweet insurance office in Stillwater & kills it. If he gets the nod for the first series on Senior Day, I won't complain too much

With no other concrete info, I'd like to see the following at QB in this order:
A-Flores
B-Smith (preserve RS but let's see the kid on the field, even if it's just a little)
C-Rangel*

I want to see game plans that let it all hang out. Prepare and play as if we have nothing to lose (because we actually don't!) & at least act like we tried to be creative.
Throw the ball to Ford, FFS!

WR development for some folks to take over next year & replace what we assume will be departures of a few quality folks. Divide snaps in games to preserve redshirts if possible on the youngest guys (<4 games of action)

Start the process of finding a quality replacement for:
A-Dunn
also A-Rattay
probably also A-Dickey
I'd give em a pass if they're willing to overhaul those guys on O; anything more I'd consider as a bonus!

*I doubt we see anyone but him in reality.

Blocking schemes that allow us to gain an advantage.
Coverage of tight ends and running backs
Coverage of crossing patterns
7 to 12 yard passes in the middle of the field
OUR FANS TO NOT BOO US!!! Let our opponents boo us. Express frustration here!!

On D, I’d like to see Nardo relieved of his duties, Joe Bob elevated to calling the D, and one of the analyst/GAs elevated to the LB position group. Then I’d like to see us use what every team is using against us, load the box 7 sometime 8 guys, and say whatever you do your not going to run on us. And we’re going to rush the passer, blitzing frequently with various combinations of those guys in the box to make sure the QB doesn’t have much time. Going to run a bunch of man in the secondary, keep it simple, no more of this busted zone/assignment stuff. If they get beat one on one so be it. There’s not a lot of great QBs, make them beat you with their arm.

On O, Gundy take over play calling duties, Dunn can concentrate on WRs. Desperately need a better mix of play calling instead of run, run, run one possession, then pass, pass, pass the next. Flores/Rangel from here out, no more Bowman. Replace some of the 6 year guys on the Oline with youth, especially Birmingham.

Fire Dunn, now! His vaunted WRs aren’t exactly setting the world on fire.

Get Flores in there and Gundy can get over the idea of bringing Gunnar back (don’t kid yourself that’s in the back of his mind)

Get back to a real defense instead of the horse crap we’ve been running.

Anyone with K-State ties leaves immediately

At least give the appearance that we understand the opposing QB can legally run the football past the line of scrimmage. I'm amazed how we can gameplan for a QB that has exceptional ability to run (like Avery Johnson, Garrett Greene etc...) and look completely taken by surprise when they bust off 20+ yard gains multiple times.

When a team is absolutely, 100%, for certain about to run the ball....SELL THE F OUT to stop it. Send everyone if we have to, IDGAF

None of this will happen but…

Fire Dunn. The scheme is awful. Every big time offense in college and the NFL has their route trees focused on creating throw windows in the middle of the field. Just watch the Shanahan, LeFleur, and McVay offenses. Instead we want everything down the sideline and vertical. We also continually ask our best player to run into a brick wall in the middle of the line instead of finding ways to get him the ball on the perimeter or in space.

Make Gundy be OC. Maybe that will awaken the competitive fire in him.

Fire Nardo and promote Clements.

Let Rangel play 100% of the games at BYU and at BU.

Ramp up Flores’ snaps with the first team with the plan being he starts vs ASU and it’s his team from there.

Last year and our returners this year gave us a false sense of security. We're 3-3 and Ark game is looking like the outlier. I see at LEAST 3 more losses on the schedule (BYU, TT, CU) and probably 4 (BU). This team will struggle to be bowl eligible, so there really is nothing to lose, because 6-6 for the min expectations of this program is already a lost season.

Minimum:
Want to see Flores get QB1 duties going fwd
Want more snaps for our future OL. The 5th and 6th year guys aren't getting it done
Want more balls to Shettron, Stribling and Josh Freaking Ford

+Want:
Fire Nardo and Dunn immediately and promote from within, and consider those on job interviews.
Make NIL payouts performance based
Give Gundy notice we're cancelling the rolling 5yr

Last year and our returners this year gave us a false sense of security. We're 3-3 and Ark game is looking like the outlier. I see at LEAST 3 more losses on the schedule (BYU, TT, CU) and probably 4 (BU). This team will struggle to be bowl eligible, so there really is nothing to lose, because 6-6 for the min expectations of this program is already a lost season.

Minimum:
Want to see Flores get QB1 duties going fwd
Want more snaps for our future OL. The 5th and 6th year guys aren't getting it done
Want more balls to Shettron, Stribling and Josh Freaking Ford

+Want:
Fire Nardo and Dunn immediately and promote from within, and consider those on job interviews.
Make NIL payouts performance based
Give Gundy notice we're cancelling the rolling 5yr
All the above as minimum, otherwise time to bite the bullet and clean house and take the lumps that would come because we will be taking them anyway.

I know we're only halfway through the regular season, and there are changes I'd like to see, but at this point, what difference does it make? It's all just wishful thinking. We're likely not even going to a bowl. I've given up on the coaching. You watch: two weeks to prepare for BYU, and we'll go up there and look exactly the same on both sides of the ball. Next year will be worse.

None of this will happen but…

Fire Dunn. The scheme is awful. Every big time offense in college and the NFL has their route trees focused on creating throw windows in the middle of the field. Just watch the Shanahan, LeFleur, and McVay offenses. Instead we want everything down the sideline and vertical. We also continually ask our best player to run into a brick wall in the middle of the line instead of finding ways to get him the ball on the perimeter or in space.

Make Gundy be OC. Maybe that will awaken the competitive fire in him.

Fire Nardo and promote Clements.

Let Rangel play 100% of the games at BYU and at BU.

Ramp up Flores’ snaps with the first team with the plan being he starts vs ASU and it’s his team from there.

Gundy is about as bad as Dunn when it comes to calling plays. His poor play calling was the impetus for hiring Holgerson in the first place.

Back