WCWS

Talented sure….they’re also the toughness team mentally in the nation…both can be true. When the pressure is high…they simply don’t flinch. Very few can do that
And that goes back to Gasso. They rarely chase the zone, they don't get themselves out. Getting 21 outs without allowing 5 or more XBH is almost impossible because they make you throw strikes and don't swing at pitches they don't like.

I agree, I think we improved a lot this year on not chasing bad pitches, but I think the next step is adjusting to the blue aka our florida game.

I agree, I think we improved a lot this year on not chasing bad pitches, but I think the next step is adjusting to the blue aka our florida game.
Over the year, yes....but in OKC, man we were swinging at rise balls that weren't even close. Hopefully when we bring back a very experienced team next year they'll be more under control with the ABs

I'm excited to see what VSF will do with a full year. Coach G has such an intelligent young coaching group. Both Eberle and VSF don't take it easy either on the girls.

I think Eberle deserves a lot of credit, both Lexi and Ivy really stepped up their game this year
I'm more impressed with the Ivy side. Lexi is a drop ball pitcher, that's eberle's bread and butter. Ivy tested eberles coaching ability more. Huge huge fan of eberle. The fact she was a transfer student from the east coast (VT) for 1 full year (not counting covid year), and now is a coach at osu. Shows how much love she has for coach G but also for osu in a short time.

I do not see where these OU fans think that Maxwell is pitching better than last yr. If you look at her numbers….they are worse with arguably the best defense in the country and the great Jenn Rocha calling pitches this yr. While last yr pretty much everyone outside of Stillwater was complaining that Gajewski has overworked her and cause her to have blisters on her fingers.

The only stat she is better at than last is WHIP

I do not see where these OU fans think that Maxwell is pitching better than last yr. If you look at her numbers….they are worse with arguably the best defense in the country and the great Jenn Rocha calling pitches this yr. While last yr pretty much everyone outside of Stillwater was complaining that Gajewski has overworked her and cause her to have blisters on her fingers.

She does attack inside much more than last year. Still gives up a lot of walks and HRs, she just has a lightning quick outfield and better run support.

She does attack inside much more than last year. Still gives up a lot of walks and HRs, she just has a lightning quick outfield and better run support.

She throwing more drop balls this yr kinda like she did in 2022.

Coming into this game

ERA higher
WHIP lower
Strikeouts lower
Hits higher
HR higher
Opp batting average higher

I believe if she would have stayed at OSU….her stats be closer to 2022 season and not worse than 2023

She has been better this tournament. She’s pitching over her land foot like she did the year before last. Still a traitor but they have fixed her mechanical issue. It took them a full offseason and regular season to do it.

She's allowed 2 runsin 5.1 innings so far. If she was with OSU, every pitch would be full of stress because it would probably be 2-1, 2-2 or whatevever. As is, she's got a huge lead and can pitch freely.

OU wins game 1 8-3

Kelly Maxwell CG only gives up 3 runs while giving up 4 hits. Pitched it pretty well on the biggest stage. Threw 267 pitches in the last two days….good lord

Back