Trump 2024 Run Thread

Even using potentially racially charged insults today, how far does your hypocrisy extend?
tumblr_myyts6JYEI1sff1jlo1_400.gif
And I'm one of the few posters on here that can use cotton picking because I did that just last year.
if you can use the cotton phrase cuz you picked cotton last year, then I can use the skillet phrase, cuz I imagined hitting you over the head with it earlier today...(disclaimer: it's a joke, I would never hit you over the head with a skillet...?!?!)

How dare you use "kosher" to justify a racial comparison with cookware. Being one of the few Sons of Abraham who also happens to have had relatives on the Trail of Tears I call this article invalid.
The use of kosher is not pejorative in nature. Not now and not in its past. Thus there isn't an issue.

The issue with a lot of these idioms is that they were pejorative in nature or had racist use in its near past. Neither of these terms have that.

"The pot calling the kettle black" is a proverbial idiom of Spanish origin, of which English versions began to appear in the first half of the 17th century. It means a situation in which somebody accuses someone else of a fault which the accuser shares, and therefore is an example of psychological projection,[1] or hypocrisy.[2] Use of the expression to discredit or deflect a claim of wrongdoing by attacking the originator of the claim for their own similar behavior (rather than acknowledging the guilt of both) is the tu quoque logical fallacy.

Origin​

The earliest appearance of the idiom is in Thomas Shelton's 1620 translation of the Spanish novel Don Quixote. The protagonist is growing increasingly restive under the criticisms of his servant Sancho Panza, one of which is that "You are like what is said that the frying-pan said to the kettle, 'Avant, black-browes'."[3] The Spanish text at this point reads: Dijo el sartén a la caldera, Quítate allá ojinegra (Said the pan to the pot, get out of there black-eyes).[4] It is identified as a proverb (refrán) in the text, functioning as a retort to the person who criticises another of the same defect that he plainly has. Among several variations, the one where the pan addresses the pot as culinegra (black-arse) makes clear that they are dirtied in common by contact with the cooking fire.[5]

This translation was also recorded in England soon afterwards as "The pot calls the pan burnt-arse" in John Clarke's collection of proverbs, Paroemiologia Anglo-Latina (1639).[6] A nearer approach to the present wording is provided by William Penn in his collection Some Fruits of Solitude in Reflections and Maxims (1682):

"If thou hast not conquer'd thy self in that which is thy own particular Weakness, thou hast no Title to Virtue, tho' thou art free of other Men's. For a Covetous Man to inveigh against Prodigality, an Atheist against Idolatry, a Tyrant against Rebellion, or a Lyer against Forgery, and a Drunkard against Intemperance, is for the Pot to call the Kettle black."[7]
But, apart from the final example in this passage, there is no strict accord between the behaviour of the critic and the person censured.

An alternative modern interpretation,[8] far removed from the original intention, argues that while the pot is sooty (from being placed on a fire), the kettle is polished and shiny; hence, when the pot accuses the kettle of being black, it is the pot's own sooty reflection that it sees: the pot accuses the kettle of a fault that only the pot has, rather than one that they share. The point is illustrated by a poem that appeared anonymously in an early issue of St. Nicholas Magazine from 1876:

"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle;
"You are dirty and ugly and black!
Sure no one would think you were metal,
Except when you're given a crack."

"Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot;
"'Tis your own dirty image you see;
For I am so clean – without blemish or blot –
That your blackness is mirrored in me."[9]

No different than someone complaining about the bud light boycott that then insults consumers of said beer.
Hmm, I'm supposed to take that from a white man that may or may not speak with forked tongue?
So now we're back on your Garth Brooks obsession?

I still say he stole your girl back in the day.

So now we're back on your Garth Brooks obsession?

I still say he stole your girl back in the day.
Garth is a bit older than I am, we weren't there at exactly the same time. Where did I say anything about Garth today? My racial outrage may have clouded my memory.

The use of kosher is not pejorative in nature. Not now and not in its past. Thus there isn't an issue.

The issue with a lot of these idioms is that they were pejorative in nature or had racist use in its near past. Neither of these terms have that.
Are you doubting my Jewish anger? Don't be telling a guy who's ancestors weren't supposed to enjoy ham and bacon about kosher and the improper use of a jewish term. Are you white 'splaining me?

Garth is a bit older than I am, we weren't there at exactly the same time. Where did I say anything about Garth today? My racial outrage may have clouded my memory.
Bud light....white boy speaking with forked tongue....I thought you might be clever enough to be doing a call back in your daily trolling.

Apologies for giving you too much credit.

By all means....proceed.

Are you doubting my Jewish anger? Don't be telling a guy who's ancestors weren't supposed to enjoy ham and bacon about kosher and the improper use of a jewish term. Are you white 'splaining me?
Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

I'm still trying to decide whether or not andylicious is playing an Andy Kaufman level long game and is giving us clues with his screen name.

I so want it to be true, because the alternative (that he is being serious) is too horrifying to contemplate.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not andylicious is playing an Andy Kaufman level long game and is giving us clues with his screen name.

I so want it to be true, because the alternative (that he is being serious) is too horrifying to contemplate.
I do identify as a frightful individual.

Trump begins to back SCOTUS packing and increasing the Court to 9 if he is elected. Interested to see what Trump supporters think of this as many GOP and Right Wing leaning folks lost their Minds when some of the Dem candidates floated this idea in the 2020 election.

Trump Threatens to Appoint ‘Maybe Even Nine’ Supreme Court Justices if Elected​

Trump former White House Communication Director Said she witnesses Trump showing off documents at Mar A Lago herself and said she knew he had no respect for classified info and never has.

Stephanie Grisham Says It's Plausible That Trump Showed Off Top Secret Docs​

Trump begins to back SCOTUS packing and increasing the Court to 9 if he is elected. Interested to see what Trump supporters think of this as many GOP and Right Wing leaning folks lost their Minds when some of the Dem candidates floated this idea in the 2020 election.

Trump Threatens to Appoint ‘Maybe Even Nine’ Supreme Court Justices if Elected​

Hmmm, I was ready to add another Trump buffoon idea, but the article and the quote from Trump do not appear to be about court packing. SCOTUS is currently at 9 justices.

Hmmm, I was ready to add another Trump buffoon idea, but the article and the quote from Trump do not appear to be about court packing. SCOTUS is currently at 9 justices.
so how does he get to 7, 8 or 9 appointees to SCOTUS in one more term like he is floating WITHOUT packing the court ? Or is he just blowing hot air and saying things that he thinks GOP voters want to hear with no actual conviction to do it ?

Back