Trump 2024 Run Thread

Speaking in Michigan, Republican nominee Donald Trump expands on his "coup" claim about the switch by the Democrats from Joe Biden to Kamala Harris, saying it was a "vicious, violent overthrow of a president of the United States."

Speaking in Michigan, Republican nominee Donald Trump expands on his "coup" claim about the switch by the Democrats from Joe Biden to Kamala Harris, saying it was a "vicious, violent overthrow of a president of the United States."
I REALLY wish police depts had the same restrictions on political endorsements that military has. It just seems wrong to have public servants endorsing a political party or candidate.

Edit to clarify.
Talking about attending and participating in political rallies in uniform and having them at police stations.

Last edited:
On US peace negotiations between Israel & Gaza: “The reporting is that former President Trump is on the phone with the PM of Israel urging him not to cut a deal right now because it’s believed this will help the Harris campaign.”

Is this lady serious!!

Isn't that illegal?

“JD Vance calls pregnancy resulting from rape inconvenient,” Beshear said on "Morning Joe." "Inconvenience is traffic. Make him go through this."

“It is someone being violated, someone being harmed, and then telling them that they don't have options after that,” Beshear continued “That fails any tests of decency of humanity.”

I REALLY wish police depts had the same restrictions on political endorsements that military has. It just seems wrong to have public servants endorsing a political party or candidate.
Sheriffs in Oklahoma have to run for office and are themselves political parties.

District Attorneys are elected on political tickets.

Police Chiefs and other officers are hired and fired and unions collectively bargain with politically elected officials in government.

I think they should be able to express their first amendment rights off the job by endorsing candidate just like a regular citizen.

Sheriffs in Oklahoma have to run for office and are themselves political parties.

District Attorneys are elected on political tickets.

Police Chiefs and other officers are hired and fired and unions collectively bargain with politically elected officials in government.

I think they should be able to express their first amendment rights off the job by endorsing candidate just like a regular citizen.
Off the job is very different than wearing uniform and standing behind a political candidate. Sorry for my poor wording. In uniform should have been more emphasized. Everyone can attend and support anyone/anything they want but once you start putting the uniform on it becomes an indication of the office/dept/etc supports that candidate/party/etc. This is how DoD, and many companies work. You can endorse but don't do it in a way that ties back to the office/company/whatever.

Bargaining with an elected official and running for office is also different than implying an office endorses a candidate/party.

Off the job is very different than wearing uniform and standing behind a political candidate. Sorry for my poor wording. In uniform should have been more emphasized. Everyone can attend and support anyone/anything they want but once you start putting the uniform on it becomes an indication of the office/dept/etc supports that candidate/party/etc. This is how DoD, and many companies work. You can endorse but don't do it in a way that ties back to the office/company/whatever.

Bargaining with an elected official and running for office is also different than implying an office endorses a candidate/party.
I get what you are saying now and largely agree, but do we know that those officers in that picture were there in endorsement of Trump rather than as part of some security detail?

I certainly don’t and I’m not really challenging you to prove it one way or the other. Your point is still valid either way.

After PBS reported that Donald Trump has been talking to Netanyahu to kill a Gaza ceasefire deal, a request for investigation into Trump violating the Logan Act was filed with the DOJ.

I get what you are saying now and largely agree, but do we know that those officers in that picture were there in endorsement of Trump rather than as part of some security detail?

I certainly don’t and I’m not really challenging you to prove it one way or the other. Your point is still valid either way.
Yeah. I edited it for brevity before posting originally and left out more than I should have. Apologies for coming across as anti 1st amendment

Rep. Byron Donalds had no answer for why Trump stiffed local police & sheriffs out of thousands of dollars - including in areas where police forces are already under-resourced and short-staffed.

Trump owes a check to law enforcement in at least 30 cities.

Really??

Sen. Roger Marshall wants to investigate Google: “Google purposefully did not want Trump portrayed as a hero, and how strong he was when he jumped back up after having just been shot at and waving his fist and said fight.”

They are legit pushing a Twitter poll (that any idiot in the entire world with an X acct could vote in). that Elon Musk did as PROOF Trump is winning and are incorporating a narrative to set up a way to challenge the results....people in Trump world are already showing this around and claiming all the other polls are fake etc and that the only way the Dems could win is cheat and steal

1000002862.png

Back