Trump 2024 Run Thread

lol…damn Taylor Swift for being so popular and damn her for ticket resales and damn her that Mrs Lunchbucket can’t feed her kids…it’s her fault!!…while we’re at it, damn these pro athletes for getting paid millions…and actors/actresses…and…

lol…damn Taylor Swift for being so popular and damn her for ticket resales and damn her that Mrs Lunchbucket can’t feed her kids…it’s her fault!!…while we’re at it, damn these pro athletes for getting paid millions…and actors/actresses…and…
They really do need to cut the ticket reselling for crazy prices, also Ticketmaster does need to get broken up.

That said neither has anything to do with Taylor Swift or any other artist. She gets none of that markup.

Trump tried to clarify his medal of freedom comments but he just ended up saying the same thing that got people mad in the first place

Q: Can you clarify your comments where you said the Presidential Medal of Freedom is much better than the Congressional Medal of Honor? Many veterans are upset about that

Trump: I would rather get it. People who get the Congressional Medal of Honor are often horribly wounded or dead. They're often dead. When you get the Presidential Medal of Freedom it is usually for other things, like you have achieved great success…

You might try picking up a new hobby, something where you can spend your time either enjoying yourself, bettering yourself, or ideally both. You've got one chance at life on this earth, do you really want to spend it on the internet stumping for Donald Trump?
One of my lifelong best friends is a pastor in OKC area. He is a Trump voter but surprisingly it has zero to do w culture war crap. Instead it’s lower regs smaller govt lower taxes. I keep telling him he’s not an R but is a libertarian. But he is a voracious consumer of right wing media.

Anyway he and I are out fishing a couple of weeks ago and he starts talking about how angry people in his church seem to always be. They get riled up over the smallest things and all the drama is making him want to retire early and just write books which he’s very good at. I asked him what % of his congregation will vote R and he said north of 75%. I then asked him to take politics out of it turn the sound off and just watch Harris/Walz and their surrogates and do the same for Trump and watch their facial expressions and body language. He just smiled and said he thought the same thing the other day when Fox was making fun of Kamala’s laugh. The Rs are always angry. No joy. Nobody laughs. They all scream. Couple days go by and he sends me 3 videos of his favorite right winger and says this guy is always screaming and shaking his fists all tensed up.

I know joy doesn’t solve inflation or bring a ceasefire to the ME or Ukraine. The conversation didn’t change his mind on Ds but he is now asking more questions about D policy and actually censoring his right wing media intake.

Trump tried to clarify his medal of freedom comments but he just ended up saying the same thing that got people mad in the first place

Q: Can you clarify your comments where you said the Presidential Medal of Freedom is much better than the Congressional Medal of Honor? Many veterans are upset about that

Trump: I would rather get it. People who get the Congressional Medal of Honor are often horribly wounded or dead. They're often dead. When you get the Presidential Medal of Freedom it is usually for other things, like you have achieved great success…
It's because he's too stupid to see what the issue is. He literally has no clue what's wrong with what he said.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

One of my lifelong best friends is a pastor in OKC area. He is a Trump voter but surprisingly it has zero to do w culture war crap. Instead it’s lower regs smaller govt lower taxes. I keep telling him he’s not an R but is a libertarian. But he is a voracious consumer of right wing media.

Anyway he and I are out fishing a couple of weeks ago and he starts talking about how angry people in his church seem to always be. They get riled up over the smallest things and all the drama is making him want to retire early and just write books which he’s very good at. I asked him what % of his congregation will vote R and he said north of 75%. I then asked him to take politics out of it turn the sound off and just watch Harris/Walz and their surrogates and do the same for Trump and watch their facial expressions and body language. He just smiled and said he thought the same thing the other day when Fox was making fun of Kamala’s laugh. The Rs are always angry. No joy. Nobody laughs. They all scream. Couple days go by and he sends me 3 videos of his favorite right winger and says this guy is always screaming and shaking his fists all tensed up.

I know joy doesn’t solve inflation or bring a ceasefire to the ME or Ukraine. The conversation didn’t change his mind on Ds but he is now asking more questions about D policy and actually censoring his right wing media intake.
Sounds like step 1 is getting someone to open his eyes.

I was talking to a friend a few years ago and she was saying how so much of what humans do- good or bad- is just in an effort to feel something, anything. I think about that a lot as I watch Trump supporters and try to rationalize their behavior.

Retired federal appeals court Judge J. Michael Luttig, a prominent conservative legal scholar put on the bench by President George H.W. Bush, is endorsing Vice President Kamala Harris over former President Donald Trump, whose candidacy he describes as an existential threat to American democracy.

Conservative Republican endorses Harris, calls Trump a threat to democracy

It will be the first time Luttig, a veteran of two Republican administrations, has voted for a Democrat.

“In the presidential election of 2024 there is only one political party and one candidate for the presidency that can claim the mantle of defender and protector of America’s Democracy, the Constitution, and the Rule of Law,” Luttig wrote in a statement obtained exclusively by CNN. “As a result, I will unhesitatingly vote for the Democratic Party’s candidate for the Presidency of the United States, Vice President of the United States, Kamala Harris.”

Luttig played a now famous role in persuading then-Vice President Mike Pence to defy Trump and certify the 2020 presidential election. In a series of tweets drafted at the request of Pence’s attorney, Luttig spelled out in stark terms the legal rationale for Pence to reject the former president’s attempt to overturn Joe Biden’s victory.

Since then, Luttig has emerged as a preeminent constitutional critic of Trump. In endorsing Harris, Luttig argues that partisan distinctions must, in this election, be set aside in order to prevent the “singularly unfit” Trump from returning to the White House.

“In voting for Vice President Harris, I assume that her public policy views are vastly different from my own,” Luttig writes, “but I am indifferent in this election as to her policy views on any issues other than America’s Democracy, the Constitution, and the Rule of Law, as I believe all Americans should be.”

Luttig’s scathing rebuke of Trump and endorsement of Harris underscores the depths of divisions between Reagan-and Bush-era Republicans and the modern, Trump-dominated GOP. The former judge is just as an unsparing of the Republican party as he is of Trump, whom together he says have launched “the war on America’s Democracy.”

The corrosive effects, he adds, will echo through generations.

“Because of the former president’s continued, knowingly false claims that he won the 2020 election, millions of Americans no longer have faith and confidence in our national elections, and many never will again,” Luttig writes. “Many Americans – especially young Americans, tragically – have even begun to question whether constitutional democracy is the best form of self-government for America.”

The stakes, Luttig argues, are as high now as in the late 18th century, when the country’s founders and authors of the US Constitution – including Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson, typically political foes – joined together to voice concern over the potential emergence of an authoritarian demagogue.

“The time for America’s choosing has come,” Luttig writes. “It is time for all Americans to stand and affirm whether they believe in American Democracy, the Constitution, and the Rule of Law, and want for America the same – or whether they do not.”

Though this will be Luttig’s first time pulling the lever for a Democrat in any election, he has, in the aftermath of January 6, 2021, come out in support of some decisions by the Biden administration. He wholeheartedly endorsed the 2022 nomination of now-Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson to the high court, even calling out Republicans who said they would not vote to confirm her.

“The President knew at the time that there were any number of highly qualified black women on the lower federal courts from among whom he could choose – including Judge Jackson – and Republicans should have known that the President would nominate one of those supremely qualified black women to succeed Justice Breyer,” he wrote at the time.

Luttig now joins a number of high-profile Republicans endorsing Harris, including former members of Congress Joe Walsh, Barbara Comstock and Adam Kinzinger.

Kinzinger, now a CNN contributor, will have a high-profile speaking slot this week at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago.

Former Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan, also a CNN contributor, endorsed Harris at the end of July in an Atlanta Journal-Constitution op-ed.

Her campaign, he wrote, was “the best vehicle toward preventing another stained Trump presidency.”

Speaking to CNN, Luttig said his decision to publicly back Harris was a matter of knowing “right from wrong” – and acting in accordance.

“In my faith, we believe that we will one day answer for our wrongs. I have always tried to live my life in anticipation of that day. Imperfectly, to be sure. But I have tried,” an emotional Luttig said. “My endorsement of the Vice President was the right thing to do. It would have been wrong for me to stay silent, and I believe I would have one day had to answer for that silence.

“It’s really that simple.”

Trump Media shares hit post-merger low as DJT slump continues

• Shares of Trump Media touched their lowest price since the Truth Social owner began publicly trading on the Nasdaq under the DJT ticker.
  • The stock price of the company surged in July after its majority shareholder Donald Trump was nearly assassinated at a campaign.
  • The Republican presidential nominee is set to face the Democratic nominee, Vice President Kamala Harris, in November's election.

Shares of former President Donald Trump's social media company on Monday touched their lowest price since they began public trading on the Nasdaq nearly five months ago after a merger.

Trump Media, the company that owns the Republican presidential nominee's preferred social messaging platform Truth Social, was trading below $22.40 per share before noon ET, a nearly 3% decline on the day.

The previous low point for the stock, which trades under the DJT ticker, was in mid-April when the price plummeted to $22.55 following the company's slingshot rise in its frenzied public trading debut.

The notoriously volatile stock's downward trajectory over the past month coincided with a swirl of seismic developments for Trump, who is both the majority stakeholder of Trump Media and a main draw for Truth Social users.

The share price surged on July 15, the first trading day after Trump was nearly assassinated at a campaign rally in western Pennsylvania.

Trump was formally nominated at the Republican National Convention two days later, bolstering the momentum he had already built up against President Joe Biden, who at the time was the presumptive Democratic nominee.

But Trump's growing lead suddenly shrunk when Biden dropped out of the election contest on July 21 and endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris as his replacement to lead their party's ticket.

The historic switch flipped betting markets' views on who will win in November. Harris is now favored over Trump.

Trump Media has said in regulatory filings that its success is at least partly tied to Trump's popularity and reputation.

Some Trump supporters seem to treat the company's stock as a way to support the former president or bet on his chances of winning a second term.

On Aug. 9, Trump Media reported a loss of more than $16 million for the fiscal quarter ending June 30, while posting just $837,000 in revenue during the same period.

The company attributed about half its loss to ongoing legal expenses related to its merger with the special purpose acquisition company Digital World Acquisition Corp., which was delayed for more than two years after it was announced.

Despite its meager revenue, the company currently has a market capitalization of nearly $4.5 billion due to its stock price.

Trump is bound by a licensing agreement that requires him to make "non-political" social media posts on Truth Social first.

But he is free to post political messages on any site without restriction, and he has recently exercised that ability by posting on X and TikTok, two social media giants whose audiences dwarf Truth Social's.

Trump on Aug. 12 was interviewed by Tesla CEO Elon Musk in a livestream on the social media site X, which Musk owns.

Trump has periodically posted on X, formerly known as Twitter, since the interview.

I wonder when Elon Musk buys Truth and takes it private to put money directly in his grifter buddy’s pocket.

Probably after the election and only if Trump wins.

It's because he's too stupid to see what the issue is. He literally has no clue what's wrong with what he said.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I don't think it is even stupidity. It is simply his mentality at life.

If your only care was about yourself, what he said is perfectly logical. A MOF winner typically has had a successful life for themselves. Often, as in the case of the billiionaire wife he was awarding, all it takes is having money to donate. A MOH winner had to sacrifice himself for the good of other Americans and the nation. That simply does not register as a logical thing to do for him.

I was just thinking about this today. Isn't it absolutely exhausting being angry all the time? Hate takes a LOT of work.

As far as I can tell, Trump never says anything positive. It's all hate filled anger, name calling, persecution fetish, woe is me, sorrow.

I think (hope) that a lot of people are starting to get tired of it.

I was just thinking about this today. Isn't it absolutely exhausting being angry all the time? Hate takes a LOT of work.

As far as I can tell, Trump never says anything positive. It's all hate filled anger, name calling, persecution fetish, woe is me, sorrow.

I think (hope) that a lot of people are starting to get tired of it.
I’m absolutely sick of Trump. The damage he has done to this country will take years to overcome. Biden did a remarkable job considering NO other President in history had to endure a former president saying he won and was cheated. Stealing all of the media attention 24/7. Maybe when he loses, and is sentenced that will shut him up, but I doubt it. If the media would flush him into insignificance he’d be dead in a month. Literally, I think him being ignored would actually kill him. His pathetic narcissism and love of lies is disgusting. IMO If I never saw or heard him again, it would be too soon. 🤮

How is this acceptable Republicans? How is this becoming of the office!? This guy is making a mockery of the POTUS position and everything around it....and you guys cheer him on??

Trump posted a disgusting video on Truth Social where the words were changed to an Alanis Morissette song to say that Kamala Harris “spent her whole damn life down on her knees" to become the Democratic nominee for president.

Trump said, “When you get the Medal of Honor...it’s much more painful to get.”

This proves he has ZERO understanding or respect for true sacrifice.

How DARE he even remotely compare the ultimate bravery of our heroes to a Presidential Medal of Freedom? It’s beyond reprehensible.

Back