The sooners are going to miss a bowl game this year.

Yep. Their original starting C got hurt and isnt quite back yet. his backup with 33 starts was an all american at smu, and he's been hurt all season so far. The 3rd string C just had bicep surgery a few days ago and he's out for the year. They are down 4th string at center which in this case means pulling a starting T or G to play C. Which means another backup has to come in and play. and only a couple starters on the whole OL are healthy right now. They needta figure it out quick, because the 2s and 3s appear to be backups for a reason. Very exciting times
That's a shame, what with OL struggles, and fans wanting a qb controversy already, it could be a tough hill to climb.
FB_IMG_1725928624272.jpg
That Sucks The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

That's a shame, what with OL struggles, and fans wanting a qb controversy already, it could be a tough hill to climb.
View attachment 7078
That Sucks The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero
I’m not really worried about the fans, I’m more concerned about the team success. 2-0 is 2-0. Until it’s 3-0.

I will start to worry if they are fully healthy and still look lethargic on offense. But they appear to have the kind of defense that will keep them in games

Yep, of they can squeak by Tulane, they'll be half way home.
A close win over Maine will give them 4. Then.....
"It seems unlikely that OU doesn't make a bowl game" is quite a drop and concession from the "perennial national championship contenders" crowd of yesteryears though.

Isn't it?

Yep, if they can squeak by Tulane, they'll be half way home.
A close win over Maine will give them 4. Then.....
Ya, easy money for you! Did you do it? I bet $100 on the over on 7.5 wins.. But you could make a ton of money hammering the "will miss a bowl" this year. If you truly believe that and arent just trying to get a rise out of the OU fan on the board.

Usually people only talk crap on a team, they are rarely confident enough to put money on it. Talk is cheap, it's just opinions. But putting money down on it, well, that shows confidence. I would put money on the "OU will make a bowl" line if there was one to put money on. Super easy money there and it's more meaningful than arguing about it on the internet.

I might wait until after this weekend's game though, if two of their injured starters on the OL are back, it might accidentally help them look better.

Last edited:
"It seems unlikely that OU doesn't make a bowl game" is quite a drop and concession from the "perennial national championship contenders" crowd of yesteryears though.

Isn't it?
I could tell you how I really feel, that if they are healthy, they will win 9 games at least, but you wouldnt care. So i'll just be conservative and say the thread title is unlikely. Perhaps it bothers you that I've made reasonable statements? Of course, you could be saying that to elicit a sort of reaction out of me.

When fully healthy i am very confident in what OU can do. But nobody cares about injuries, they only care what you do. so far that's 2-0.

My buddy put $5K on OU winning over 7.5 games and I think he’s going to lose that money.
So is that regular season wins, because he'll be pissed when ou beats App State in the Charmin Bowl to get to 7.

Last edited:
Nice. got a big game this weekend, i'm excited about it. There are so many big games, week after week, the home slate of games is getting us riled up and excited. we could be playing west virginia, baylor and texas tech at home instead. I love it. Big time games against non rivals are the 2nd best part of the sport, with big time games against rivals being the best part. I love it

Last edited:
Nice. got a big game this weekend, i'm excited about it. There are so many big games, week after week, the home slate of games is getting us riled up and excited. we could be playing west virginia, baylor and texas tech at home instead. I love it. Big time games against non rivals are the 2nd best part of the sport, with big time games against rivals being the best part. I love it

Nice. Today's OU would typically find a way to drop a Big 12 game or two in a slate similar to that. Nowadays, they're probably going to walk away with many losses in their new Murder's Row, which will be much more entertaining for you because now you're playing more interesting teams and losing more. I'm so glad you're so glad. I'm glad I'm glad I'm glad.

Edit: And that's a Cream reference there at the end. No crimson. Just The Cream.

Back