OT: General CFB Thread

Kinda sickening to watch the SEC & B1G meeting alone to plan the future of the sport.
And hearing the talking heads fawning all over it. Can’t wait for that Northwestern/Vandy match up. Or Purdue and Miss State. The Rutgers/Mizzou game will be epic.

Add in Sankey’s comments today and the entire CFB system is on notice as to what is going to happen if we don’t band together and push back.

And hearing the talking heads fawning all over it. Can’t wait for that Northwestern/Vandy match up. Or Purdue and Miss State. The Rutgers/Mizzou game will be epic.

Add in Sankey’s comments today and the entire CFB system is on notice as to what is going to happen if we don’t band together and push back.

How will those not included effectively push back?

Anti trust litigation.

I had considered this, but I also look at the fact that it’s all voluntary.

They can form their own league and invite who they want. That doesn’t prohibit folks they don’t invite from playing college football.

There is more than one college football league already.

Suppose the new mega league decided to add a few more schools and OK State got an invite, would people here oppose it on principle?

For the record, I would prefer a return to smaller, more geographically aligned conferences.

Suppose the new mega league decided to add a few more schools and OK State got an invite, would people here oppose it on principle?

For the record, I would prefer a return to smaller, more geographically aligned conferences.
We'd better accept/support it if we get the chance. The chasm is only going to get wider between the haves and have nots. Hope we're not on the outside looking in.

I had considered this, but I also look at the fact that it’s all voluntary.

They can form their own league and invite who they want. That doesn’t prohibit folks they don’t invite from playing college football.

There is more than one college football league already.
That isn't the threshold for anti trust litigation to be unsuccessful or not have standing.

Microsoft has lost several antitrust lawsuits despite there being alternatives to their services. Anticompetitive business practices is all that is needed.

That’s a non sequitur. We’d have no choice but to join but the principal doesn’t change.

You know, for all the legal maneuvers the players used to change the system, you may be 100% correct. Not sure anything else can stop this train.

They’ve effectively neutered the NCAA so it’s not like they’re going to step up as a governing body.

Would be interested in @CowboyJD thoughts.
Not an anti-trust lawyer.

Not even gonna take a stab at it.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Fair.

Without getting too deep, does it even make sense at the highest of levels? I’m not sure there would be standing for anyone and everyone not SEC/BIG.
The only two entities that have the power to reign over all of this are the US SUPREME COURT IF A CASE MADE IT UP THE FOOD CHAIN AND IT WAS ACCEPTED TO THEIR DOCKET OR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THAT CAN IN EFFECT, AND I HATE ADMITTING THIS, PRETTY MUCH TELL THEM HEY THIS IS THE FORMAT AND PLAN THAT WILL BE ADOPTED!!!

Back