OSU will open the 2024-2025 season against Green Bay and Doug Gottlieb

I may be totally wrong but I think Gottlieb is going to be a really good coach. I think he is going to be a guy that can get his players to run through a wall for him.

That said, I wouldn't want to be experimenting that theory with him at OSU in 2024. I think Lutz has the same capability and I am excited that we brought in a guy that is a proven winner to some degree.

Perhaps in a few years Lutz will be plucked away by a blue blood after tremendous success and Gottlieb will be waiting in the wings and actually ready as a reasonable candidate at that point.

Great little interview with Coach Lutz. About 10:00-23:00. Talks about getting GIA back to where it needs to be, how he adapts to the strength of his players, how he gets them all to buy into a role and putting team goals first which are big 12 titles and tournament titles and winning NCAA tourney games. He is very transparent! Love listening to him. Said he talked to Moser at ou and they’re going to play a mid Dec game in OKC! Should be fun! Spoke highly if Yormacks vision. Excited to see what he puts together and how he finishes this class!

I may be totally wrong but I think Gottlieb is going to be a really good coach. I think he is going to be a guy that can get his players to run through a wall for him.

That said, I wouldn't want to be experimenting that theory with him at OSU in 2024. I think Lutz has the same capability and I am excited that we brought in a guy that is a proven winner to some degree.

Perhaps in a few years Lutz will be plucked away by a blue blood after tremendous success and Gottlieb will be waiting in the wings and actually ready as a reasonable candidate at that point.
I hope DG is an amazing coach. I'm definitely a little confused as to how he's going to coach full time and still do his shows...but we'll see.

Back