MLB Draft 2024-Cowboy Edition

The Ure news is definitely good news and much needed. It seems like we've gotten hit particularly hard by this year's draft. He should slot into a weekend rotation role, potentially with Davis and Youngerman. I was expecting us to be a little more active in the transfer portal for position players.

Not surprising to see this team hit hard. It’s a good thing and a sign of a healthy program. The pitching was what made this team go this past season and that’s what we lost the most.

We actually return a good amount of position players which outside of losing benge Forsythe and Ehrhard. Getting Meola back was a plus and a surprise to the staff. The staff likes the freshman and wants to develop them. Josh has said he doesn’t want to live in the portal. Most of our needs were in the pitching staff and that’s where we got most of our commits.

I will say there’s one big fish in the portal the staff wants and has a legit shot at. Hopefully we can land him

Not surprising to see this team hit hard. It’s a good thing and a sign of a healthy program. The pitching was what made this team go this past season and that’s what we lost the most.

We actually return a good amount of position players which outside of losing benge Forsythe and Ehrhard. Getting Meola back was a plus and a surprise to the staff. The staff likes the freshman and wants to develop them. Josh has said he doesn’t want to live in the portal. Most of our needs were in the pitching staff and that’s where we got most of our commits.

I will say there’s one big fish in the portal the staff wants and has a legit shot at. Hopefully we can land him

I appreciate your insight and all the information you bring to the board. You obviously have a good source or two so much appreciated for us who are a ways away from the program. Keep the updates coming!

Who projects to play in the OF? Obviously neither were a surprise but Benge and Ehrhard are big losses. Does Nolan stay in LF? Catching and INF look to be in pretty good shape with returners.

D1 baseball guys had high praise for Jayson Jones, transfer from Arky. Sounds like he does everything except catch and pitch. I would really like to see Meola play 3rd. I think that is where he is best.

I appreciate your insight and all the information you bring to the board. You obviously have a good source or two so much appreciated for us who are a ways away from the program. Keep the updates coming!

Who projects to play in the OF? Obviously neither were a surprise but Benge and Ehrhard are big losses. Does Nolan stay in LF? Catching and INF look to be in pretty good shape with returners.
OF is interesting…I think Jayson jones will likely be in the OF. He’s very athletic for his size and has a plus arm even through he’s a third baseman. Donovan LaSalle looks to be the next CF but can play all 3 positions. Schubart could spend time in the OF although 1st is in his future and has practice there throughout the season. Ritchie could factor in the corner OF as well. True freshman Garrett Shull making it to campus is a shock but a pleasant surprise. Dealt with a hamstring injury his entire senior season which affected his play. Combine with a high asking price and he ends up on campus. He can play all 3 positions so we’ll see how he factors in.

We have options at catcher and in the INF. Meola could end up playing SS. Just depends if we’re done in the portal. He can literally play anywhere in the INF but I do agree 3rd is his best position

Back