MLB Draft 2024-Cowboy Edition

Guys signing for under slot is pretty normal. It also depends on your draft class. If you HS players in your class, you’re going to pay them more via over slot value. Has nothing to do with TJ. Also depends on the prospect…190K might have good enough for Cranz and other teams might not have been willing to pay that much.

Yuck. Seems like he could improve with another year unless he is out of eligibility
Why you not be happy for someone chasing their dreams?

If you don’t understand draft negotiations, let me help.

He’s a 22-23 senior…meaning he has no leverage. He either takes the money or doesn’t play ball. MLB teams like 18-21 yr old prospects due to them having higher ceilings according to analytics. Nothing sad about being drafted in the 8th round by a pretty good organization that’s known for their development

Why you not be happy for someone chasing their dreams?

If you don’t understand draft negotiations, let me help.

He’s a 22-23 senior…meaning he has no leverage. He either takes the money or doesn’t play ball. MLB teams like 18-21 yr old prospects due to them having higher ceilings according to analytics. Nothing sad about being drafted in the 8th round by a pretty good organization that’s known for their development
No, I understand it completely. I had several teammates back in the day drafted and been around five or six kids that have gone through negotiations. I wasn’t familiar with Sams status or year so I assumed it was a leverage issue. I’m glad he is getting a chance to live out his dream. Just meant they low balled him which they can and do. As a Sr you just want a chance for that next contract & opportunity. Greatly appreciate all the info you share!!

Back