KU -3.5 O/U 58

aggiejet

I thought this game would be a pick’em.

This isn’t meant to be a “gambling” thread, just something to generate a little pre- game discussion as to match ups. Looks like about a 31-28 game. Ought to be an entertaining game.

I don’t think KU can win without Daniels at QB.

I thought this game would be a pick’em.

This isn’t meant to be a “gambling” thread, just something to generate a little pre- game discussion as to match ups. Looks like about a 31-28 game. Ought to be an entertaining game.

I don’t think KU can win without Daniels at QB.

Bean is basically a second starter. He has played a lot the last couple of years. They have and can win with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Our team is Jekyll and Hyde. I'm not going to start planning for too much right now. If I had to put money one way or the other I would put it on Kansas. Right now I'm just feeling more optimistic about a bowl game. Nothing more. We win this game and we are looking much more solid for a decent season.

Bean kicked our butt last year. Not sure it matters which qb plays for them theyll present a challenge. Have to come with it like we did last week. Crowd will be huge factor. I think last year will be a motivator as well which I’ve said from jump street.

Last edited:
Kansas is a good team. I think -3.5 is a little low. They're probably two touchdowns better than the Pokes. Of course, that doesn't mean OSU can't or won't win, but Kansas is good. I'll continue to be skeptical until Gundy and co. put together a couple of good games in a row.
South Alabama players said it and after really paying attention the last 2 games I am amazed at how teams have closed the speed gap w us.

It just looks like we aren’t the fastest team anymore when we used to be except maybe uo and TX.

Howard ran away from our LBs and Daniels barely caught him. A KSt DL caught Bray from behind. Ollie and Nixon look like the only 2 on offense and Rucker and Epps on D.

South Alabama players said it and after really paying attention the last 2 games I am amazed at how teams have closed the speed gap w us.

It just looks like we aren’t the fastest team anymore when we used to be except maybe uo and TX.

Howard ran away from our LBs and Daniels barely caught him. A KSt DL caught Bray from behind. Ollie and Nixon look like the only 2 on offense and Rucker and Epps on D.
I feel it is has slowly been happening at WR. They don’t get seaparation like they used to to.

Kansas is a good team. I think -3.5 is a little low. They're probably two touchdowns better than the Pokes. Of course, that doesn't mean OSU can't or won't win, but Kansas is good. I'll continue to be skeptical until Gundy and co. put together a couple of good games in a row.
Meh, Kansas is a decent team and may have the best one/two punch at RB in the country in Neal and Hishaw but have struggled in their two road games this year barely beating a 0-5 Nevada team in Reno 31-24 and getting curb stomped by Texas in Austin 40-14 with Texas leaving an additional ten points on the field because of a missed field goal and a Ewers brain fart that cost them another TD! They do have the better offensive stats as they average 433 yards per game and we average around 360, but the defensive stats are virtually even they give up 369 yards per game and we give up 370 per game! I was actually surprised to see that we give up less points defensively as we give up 23.2 and they give up 25.5! Unfortunately, and I hate saying this but TEXAS and OU are the best teams in the conference! 😕

Meh, Kansas is a decent team and may have the best one/two punch at RB in the country in Neal and Hishaw but have struggled in their two road games this year barely beating a 0-5 Nevada team in Reno 31-24 and getting curb stomped by Texas in Austin 40-14 with Texas leaving an additional ten points on the field because of a missed field goal and a Ewers brain fart that cost them another TD! They do have the better offensive stats as they average 433 yards per game and we average around 360, but the defensive stats are virtually even they give up 369 yards per game and we give up 370 per game! I was actually surprised to see that we give up less points defensively as we give up 23.2 and they give up 25.5! Unfortunately, and I hate saying this but TEXAS and OU are the best teams in the conference! 😕
I think ou makes it but Texas could slip again. I could see KSU or Texas tech beating them.

I have some other things to say about Daniel's effort on that play than "barely caught him." It was pretty poor.

Interesting thing I noticed today. Looking into that Ku vs Nevada game, it appears to have been Ku’s least productive offensive game so far this season (other than Texas, in which they lost Daniels literally in warmups).

Nevadas defense is similar in many ways to ours. Not identical but fairly similar. Odd front with at times a stand-up edge guy to give a 4 man front look. They don’t play with 3 safeties however. They will pull an ILB out of the box and play with a Mike like we do. It seemed to have been very effective against Ku, as they only had 143 yards rushing.

Now, every game is obviously different and this isn’t to say our D will just come out and have the same results but it is interesting to look at.

I have some other things to say about Daniel's effort on that play than "barely caught him." It was pretty poor.
Ok. I'm a little curious what y'alls beef is with Daniels on the 70 yd run by Howard (if that's what this about)...Daniels had to come from the oppo side of the field to catch him...and made the play...just couldnt make the stand. So what did he do "wrong"? He covered his position and then hustled to come all the way over and make a play.
Honestly asking/curious...

Ok. I'm a little curious what y'alls beef is with Daniels on the 70 yd run by Howard (if that's what this about)...Daniels had to come from the oppo side of the field to catch him...and made the play...just couldnt make the stand. So what did he do "wrong"? He covered his position and then hustled to come all the way over and make a play.
Honestly asking/curious...
He's been playing hurt for the last couple weeks. Might be it just shows up more when he's running 60+ yards. Like you said, he still got there it just looked rough.

Is KU's QB still out?

Yes. Jalon Daniels did not play against Texas or UCF.

PokeJ correctly pointed out that backup Jason Bean has played a lot and KU can and has won with him. But using my PoliSci degree I have deduced Daniels is a LOT better.

All that said, although Pokes played much better Friday, the K-state QB was not very good and that helped Pokes overcome that horrible red zone offense.

Last edited:
Yes. Jalon Daniels did not play against Texas or UCF.

PokeJ correctly pointed out that backup Jason Bean has played a lot and KU can and has without. But using my PoliSci degree I have deduced Daniels is a LOT better.

All that said, although Pokes played much better Friday, the K-state QB was not very good and that helped Pokes overcome that horrible red zone offense.
If our dline plays like that again, bean won’t be very good either

Back