Harris 2024 election thread

I know the sector has the bandwidth. I don’t think there are going to be an army of govt builders roving the country. I think that is an extremely ambitious statement with no stated plan. To do that with any effectiveness it’s going to take some time to set up, get pushed through, roll out, distribute. I would be impressed if the first check hit the first deserving person’s loan in a year. So then you just need to fund the construction of a million homes a year jumping through govt bureaucracy. Good luck. They can’t do it. They know they can’t. It just sounds really good to say.

We are good at bombing and arming people. Outside of that the govt is incompetent in most ways. To just make a claim like that with no plan you can see now is nothing more than a sound bite. But it does sound nice
Ohh ohh now do this list

Am I missing something? There were 1.4 million new units started in 2023. 945,000 of those were single family. And that was like a 10% decrease from 2022. It’s actually a low bar. Now, if I’m reading wrong and they’re actually saying the government is going to fund and build 3 million additional units in 4 years then I’m right there with you. I just don’t think that’s what they’re saying…?
They’re not saying the government is going to fund and build 3 million additional units in 4 years.

“She plans to announce a proposal for tax breaks that her campaign said would lead to 3 million new housing units in four years, going beyond a Biden White House proposal to ease housing shortages with 2 million new and renovated homes.”

She’s not even saying the government is going to fund AND build a single unit. She’s saying that they’re going to give tax breaks/incentives that will lead to 3 million in total in four years.

As you said, that’s not that high of a bar.

They’re not saying the government is going to fund and build 3 million additional units in 4 years.

“She plans to announce a proposal for tax breaks that her campaign said would lead to 3 million new housing units in four years, going beyond a Biden White House proposal to ease housing shortages with 2 million new and renovated homes.”

She’s not even saying the government is going to fund AND build a single unit. She’s saying that they’re going to give tax breaks/incentives that will lead to 3 million in total in four years.

That’s how I read it. Classic, conservative Republican, supply-side economics. I’m a proponent.

I wonder if anyone has broken the news to her that we are currently $33 trillion in debt?

Is this the best plan? I don’t know. But it is a starting point. There has to be a starting point and then build out from there.

It seems to me there is a “billionaire” on the other side who is a self proclaimed “genius” that … stay w me … is a real estate mogul. And his new best buddy is one of the richest men on the planet. And both believe the private sector can do it better. So why aren’t they? If they truly care about the country and solving problems why aren’t they putting their intellectual capital and money into building a better future and solving this?

Answer: They give 2 less than 2 shites about young middle class families.

Is this the best plan? I don’t know. But it is a starting point. There has to be a starting point and then build out from there.

It seems to me there is a “billionaire” on the other side who is a self proclaimed “genius” that … stay w me … is a real estate mogul. And his new best buddy is one of the richest men on the planet. And both believe the private sector can do it better. So why aren’t they? If they truly care about the country and solving problems why aren’t they putting their intellectual capital and money into building a better future and solving this?

Answer: They give 2 less than 2 shites about young middle class families.
So……..whatabout Trump?

So……..whatabout Trump?

This about Trump. How can anyone hear that and still feel they should vote for him as our commander in chief?

I'm a vet. I also spend my days taking care of these vets that are in "very bad shape" and even for Trump can't believe he said something so distasteful.

This about Trump. How can anyone hear that and still feel they should vote for him as our commander in chief?

I'm a vet. I also spend my days taking care of these vets that are in "very bad shape" and even for Trump can't believe he said something so distasteful.
He’s getting rightfully killed for it in the Trump thread. I think you’ve wandered into the wrong thread.

Back