Harris 2024 election thread

Seem there is a theme.

Republicans still in office and wanting to run again or running for office, all aboard the Trump train to Crazyville.
Republicans leaving office or out of office with no plan to return, renounce Trump and wish for their party back.
All have lost any form of testicular fortitude.

Self preservation. But also, if they do get on his bad side then they risk the MAGA nation voting them out in favor of more MTG's. I don't think we need any more of those in Congress... (Not saying that last part is their reasoning, just a side effect.)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
There’s an old song called Camptown Races. People can bet their money on a bobbed tailed nag, I’ll be the someone that bets on the bay(Harris). Doodah doodah

Self preservation. But also, if they do get on his bad side then they risk the MAGA nation voting them out in favor of more MTG's. I don't think we need any more of those in Congress... (Not saying that last part is their reasoning, just a side effect.)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Self preservation, with Trump, might end up more like Russian roulette.

WOW..what a video

EXCLUSIVE via David Brody - Evangelicals For Harris drops their first media spot TODAY in an effort to win over some of those “on-the-fence” Conservative Evangelicals in swing states who are lukewarm when it comes to Donald Trump.

Former Chair of the Washington State Republican Party Chris Vance:

“Republicans who have principles and honor who are willing to put the county before party need to support Kamala Harris.”

Harris campaign reveals it was targeted by ‘foreign actor’ after Trump claims his team was hacked by Iran

Kamala Harris’s presidential campaign revealed it was the target of a “foreign actor influence operation,” just days after Donald Trump’s campaign blamed Iran for an apparent hacking attempt following a wad of documents being leaked to reporters.

The vice-president’s team was notified of a purported breach by the FBI last month and continues to liaise with authorities, an anonymous campaign official revealed on Tuesday.

“We have robust cybersecurity measures in place, and are not aware of any security breaches of our systems resulting from those efforts,” they told Reuters.

The FBI said it was investigating efforts to hack the then Biden-Harris campaign prior to the president’s abrupt departure from the Democratic ticket last month, according to The Washington Post.

The bureau declined to provide further information after a request by The Independent.

Spear-phishing emails were reportedly sent to three Biden-Harris aides in an attempt to gain access to wider email communication.

It comes after the FBI confirmed to The Independent that it launched an investigation when Trump’s campaign team claimed it had been hacked by a group believed to be connected with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

On Friday, Microsoft announced it believed that the Iranian intelligence agency sent a phishing email to “a high-ranking official on a presidential campaign from the compromised email account of a former senior advisor.”

That email belongs to one of Trump’s long-time allies and political strategists: Roger Stone.

The fervent Republican operative was convicted for lying to Congress in 2019 about efforts to dig up dirt about Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential campaign — before later being pardoned by then-president Trump.

His account was allegedly intended to be used as an intermediary to try to break into another account belonging to a senior campaign official.

Days later, there was an unsuccessful attempt to log into the account of a “former presidential candidate, as per Microsoft’s report.

“Mr Stone was contacted about this matter by Microsoft and the FBI and continues to cooperate with both,” Stone’s attorney Grant Smith told The Independent.

Stone told The Post that he knows nothing more and “it’s all very strange.”

A day after Microsoft’s report was published, Trump said in a Truth Social statement that the tech giant alerted him that his campaign was “one of our many websites was hacked by the Iranian Government — Never a nice thing to do!”

The Independent cannot officially verify whether Iran were behind the alleged hacking of Trump’s campaign.

Trump’s campaign announced on Saturday that it was hacked after reporters at several outlets had received copies of what appeared to be an internal 271-page campaign vetting document for Trump’s running mate JD Vance.

It remains unclear whether the recent leak of Trump campaign documents to reporters had anything to do with the allegedly Iran-backed attempt to compromise his campaign through Stone’s email address.

A separate Iranian group was allegedly behind the breach of an account belonging to a “county-level government employee in a swing state,” according to Microsoft.

Microsoft also reported that another Iranian group was targeting American voters through propaganda-producing AI-generated websites designed to look like news outlets that plagiarized “at least some of their content” from US publications.

As far back as February, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence’s Annual Threat Assessment report warned that Iran — alongside China and Russia — could possibly influence the election and sow dissent across the US.

In July, US intelligence officials warned that Iran — as it did in 2020 — would seek to “coerce political leaders, undermine political systems, and shape the political landscape in ways that favor its national security objectives.”

The Independent is the world’s most free-thinking news brand, providing global news, commentary and analysis for the independently-minded. We have grown a huge, global readership of independently minded individuals, who value our trusted voice and commitment to positive change. Our mission, making change happen, has never been as important as it is today.

View attachment 6493

Great idea! It's a proven winner! Good grief she's dumb.

Great idea! It's a proven winner! Good grief she's dumb.

So I would argue (granted very much not an economist) that the price raises now are significantly different than in the early 70s. Also, if the Fed is more willing to actively watch and fight inflation (not that I have 100% faith in Powell right now) things could be very different.

That being said, it's hard to fight price gouging, and at leadt this is an attenpt to help people instead of fortune500 companies.

So I would argue (granted very much not an economist) that the price raises now are significantly different than in the early 70s. Also, if the Fed is more willing to actively watch and fight inflation (not that I have 100% faith in Powell right now) things could be very different.

That being said, it's hard to fight price gouging, and at leadt this is an attenpt to help people instead of fortune500 companies.
Yeah, price controls won't end up hurting the Fortune 500 companies. It will, however, kill your local grocery store.

Yeah, price controls won't end up hurting the Fortune 500 companies. It will, however, kill your local grocery store.
We need to break up the near monopolies that are in most industries at this point.

All my local grocery stores are chains across half the country. Local mom and pop stores don't exist any more. They will have the leverage to negotiate better deals with the larger companies if the Fed sets price restrictions.

You know what won't help drop prices... cutting the taxes on these companies. They won't use that money for much beyond stock buy backs and dividends. It won't go to workers and it won't go to reducing cost downstream.

So again, at least this is attempting to do something about the problem.

Sorry, dumb is dumb. Nothing racist about it.
Dumb might be the correct term for this Harris announcement for the economy…but I think a better one is scary. She has barely been the nominee for a month and has purposely neither availed herself for interviews nor released policy statements….and this is her first decision?
But some people will find reasons to justify Harris’s governmental intervention into the free-market.

And when you lose liberal economist Noah Smith (below). Also, John Stossel just released a great video on Twitter about “price-gouging” for anyone interested.

She has barely been the nominee for a month and has purposely neither availed herself for interviews
Please explain to me how this a Negative for her? Trump for the last Month have been screaming the Media is corrupt and Fake again (now that he doesn't like their Poll Numbers"

How can one candidate completely dismiss and ignore the Media as Fake and expect all of his followers to assume everything they are putting out is fake as he sees as an attack on him.

But his Opponent is less of a person if they do not go onto the Fake Media and talk to the Fake Media?

Can't have it both ways.

Please explain to me how this a Negative for her? Trump for the last Month have been screaming the Media is corrupt and Fake again (now that he doesn't like their Poll Numbers"

How can one candidate completely dismiss and ignore the Media as Fake and expect all of his followers to assume everything they are putting out is fake as he sees as an attack on him.

But his Opponent is less of a person if they do not go onto the Fake Media and talk to the Fake Media?

Can't have it both ways.
1) Never mentioned Trump. This is a thread about Harris.
2) You are not interested in hearing from the person running for the top job in our country?
3) Her first policy decision is going to be massive governmental intervention in the free market. Edit: Well 2nd policy decision. She now appears to support No Tax on Tips.

1) Never mentioned Trump. This is a thread about Harris.
2) You are not interested in hearing from the person running for the top job in our country?
3) Her first policy decision is going to be massive governmental intervention in the free market. Edit: Well 2nd policy decision. She now appears to support No Tax on Tips.
She's a disaster and they will keep her hid out as long as they can.

Dumb might be the correct term for this Harris announcement for the economy…but I think a better one is scary. She has barely been the nominee for a month and has purposely neither availed herself for interviews nor released policy statements….and this is her first decision?
But some people will find reasons to justify Harris’s governmental intervention into the free-market.

And when you lose liberal economist Noah Smith (below). Also, John Stossel just released a great video on Twitter about “price-gouging” for anyone interested.
I am curious how they will define price gouging. We have had laws against it in other situations (gas and water in leadup to hurricanes come to mind). This doesn't say she will fix prices for a given period of time a la Nixon in '71. It says it will ban corporate price gouging in food and grocery industries.

Back