Harris 2024 election thread

That’s why he said he was staying in the day before. Life moves fast for Joe….fine, sharp, best pres ever June 15th in undeniable decline June 16th. Strongly stating he was staying in the race one day epiphany the next and dropping out.

That’s one helluva stutter
You can't say anything but you're all in until you are actually out. If you have any thought of staying you have to appear to be all in.

Nothing to do with Super Delegates...there are 700 super Delegates and they did NOT have to do anything for Harris

The regular Delegates were released by Biden to vote for whomever they wanted ....just exactly like Niki Haley's Delegates were released and she encouraged them to vote efor Trump

So after Biden released his delegates...as of last night she had approximately 3100 delegates who have voted for her

Now if the 3000+ delegates released by Biden split their vote and were undecided and no one got the needed number of delegates..THEN the 700 Super Delegates stepped in and hand picks who they wanted...then you might have a good point .....but that isn't what happened

Same exact thing that happened with Haley's Delegates for Trump happened with Biden's Delegates for Harris

No one complained then
What has happened here isn’t anything like Haley. You know that. That’s someone that ran and lost after getting an irrelevant number of delegates. It’s different. You also can’t say super delegates don’t matter when you know they do and we have a recent example of how they are used to push the primary where the party wants.

It's only hard when you make it hard...
Those are pretty small words but I'll try to restate it.

Think of college sports recruits. How many outwardly say they are 100% committed and then recommit days later?

In certain situations it is best to appear to be committed until you are ready to actually back out. If he was on the fence for a few days to week, as soon as he made that public he would lose ALL support and wouldn't have a chance to regain it. By continuing to state he was committed to reelection he maintained the ability to continue.

What has happened here isn’t anything like Haley. You know that. That’s someone that ran and lost after getting an irrelevant number of delegates. It’s different. You also can’t say super delegates don’t matter when you know they do and we have a recent example of how they are used to push the primary where the party wants.
So you admit Super Delegates screwed Bernie, and you are aware that they had nothing to do with Kamala being chosen ...I'm specifically responding to your claim that Dem votes were suppressed

People can choose to donate or not based on their support. He could have attempted to raise funds from other people. Saying that the wealthy donors forced him out by not donating any more is kind of an odd view. They chose to stop supporting him, he realized he had little to no chance and his support was falling through the floor. Not sure what would have happened a week or two later but he was requested to drop out, it was his decision to follow.
Or it’s that I realize money is too big a factor in who runs for president. It’s too big a factor in the primaries. It’s too big a factor in the general election. It’s too big a factor in how are elected officials vote.

That’s why he said he was staying in the day before. Life moves fast for Joe….fine, sharp, best pres ever June 15th in undeniable decline June 16th. Strongly stating he was staying in the race one day epiphany the next and dropping out.

That’s one helluva stutter
If I decide to quit a job on January 14, but the day before I was working, does that make me like joe, or basically anyone who has ever changed their mind?!

Or it’s that I realize money is too big a factor in who runs for president. It’s too big a factor in the primaries. It’s too big a factor in the general election. It’s too big a factor in how are elected officials vote.
That I agree with. Politics shouldn't be about money... there needs to be a complete overhaul in that.

VP vetting is getting very interesting

He also oversaw the Bin Laden raid

William McRaven, former chancellor of the University of Texas System, has reportedly been vetted as a potential Harris running mate, according to NBC News. McRaven is a retired U.S. Navy four-star admiral and foreign policy expert who advised former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

McRaven, who teaches national security at the University of Texas at Austin’s Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, did not respond to two emails seeking comment
t

Those are pretty small words but I'll try to restate it.

Think of college sports recruits. How many outwardly say they are 100% committed and then recommit days later?

In certain situations it is best to appear to be committed until you are ready to actually back out. If he was on the fence for a few days to week, as soon as he made that public he would lose ALL support and wouldn't have a chance to regain it. By continuing to state he was committed to reelection he maintained the ability to continue.
Good thing recruits aren't, you know, attempting to run the country.

One of two things happened, he lied until lying didn't work anymore, or he really thought he was staying in until the handlers pulled the rug out from under him.

One of two things happened, he lied until lying didn't work anymore, or he really thought he was staying in until the handlers pulled the rug out from under him.
It's called an example and this is a sports message board. People do it with work all the time too.

orrrrrrr he finally realized he needed to step aside...

If I decide to quit a job on January 14, but the day before I was working, does that make me like joe, or basically anyone who has ever changed their mind?!
If you stand up before a company wide meeting on the 13th and say you are going to retire there then get called into the board and them forcing you to resign on the 14th then yes.

Saying Biden “dropped out” is more mess like saying it’s just a stutter.

Vote for Harris for any of the reasons she presents in her campaign or just cause you hate Trump. Don’t continue the lunacy by acting like this was something other than him being ran out.

So you admit Super Delegates screwed Bernie, and you are aware that they had nothing to do with Kamala being chosen ...I'm specifically responding to your claim that Dem votes were suppressed
So you think when a party forces a candidate out and has a special set of delegates not attached to people’s votes they are going to go against the person the party chose…..ok!!!!

No one voted for who is gonna get the nod. The DNC is suing to keep RFK off ballots. They screwed the people who voted for Bernie by making impossible for him to win. Seems like a lot of effort to dismiss a lot of votes to me but I could be wrong.

If you stand up before a company wide meeting on the 13th and say you are going to retire there then get called into the board and them forcing you to resign on the 14th then yes.

Saying Biden “dropped out” is more mess like saying it’s just a stutter.

Vote for Harris for any of the reasons she presents in her campaign or just cause you hate Trump. Don’t continue the lunacy by acting like this was something other than him being ran out.
I honestly don't care why he is no longer running...forced out, changed mind, forgot what he had said previously, had a dream where an angel named BoB told him he needed to step down or he would never taste ice cream again...I don't care...I never intended to vote for joe or don, and now I will vote Kamala...not that it matters in OK...

Back