Dem POTUS candidate 2024? Who will it be

I can change your mind. I have kool-aid flavored candy. We can eat that and jalapeño cheetos and watch re-runs its way better than the news I promise. You won’t care about anything for a couple of hours but more Cheetos.

Changing political views is usually a process. 100% of people that eat candy at my house are converts in about 45 minutes.

I can change your mind. I have kool-aid flavored candy. We can eat that and jalapeño cheetos and watch re-runs its way better than the news I promise. You won’t care about anything for a couple of hours but more Cheetos.

Changing political views is usually a process. 100% of people that eat candy at my house are converts in about 45 minutes.
Psychotropic candy?

The dems have a Kamala problem. Everyone knows that she probably shouldn't be the one. But, how is she the VP and we need a stand in for the president and we aren't going to pick her? Add in the racial and sexist claims that will generate........ uggh.
Why shouldn’t she be the one? What does everyone know?

If only there was a mechanism where Democratic voters could see the best candidates and run statewide elections to see who is the most popular candidate.

Something like a Democratic Presidential Primary; where the Democratic Party could encourage all candidates to run and contest to see who was best at generating interest, public debate and finding consensus. And then you could count all the votes and see who was the best Democratic presidential candidate for the general election.

I don’t like Trump, but the Democratic Party is killing the Democratic Party.
Letting the citizenry actually decide who gets decided on? Are you crazy?

Why shouldn’t she be the one? What does everyone know?

Letting the citizenry actually decide who gets decided on? Are you crazy?
Trolling old posts?

I will say the Dems did a remarkable, but strange, job.

Joe's mental capacity was faltering and up until the debate they hid that fact by limiting his appearances. It took a debate for the truth to come out.

It was highly reported that Kamala was a weak vice president and the dems did a good job shielding her from the media. It took a resignation for the truth to come out that she isn't so weak after all and is standing on her own quite well.

I was wrong. I thought there was a reason to pick someone else. That now does not seem true at all.

Trolling old posts?

Joe's mental capacity was faltering and up until the debate they hid that fact by limiting his appearances. It took a debate for the truth to come out.

It was highly reported that Kamala was a weak vice president and the dems did a good job shielding her from the media. It took a resignation for the truth to come out that she isn't so weak after all and is standing on her own quite well.

I was wrong. I thought there was a reason to pick someone else. That now does not seem true at all.
As VP you don't want to overshadow or distract from POTUS. You're job is do what's asked of you and don't be in the spotlight. That could be part of what people were seeing with the "Kamala is a weak VP".

Trolling old posts?

Nope. Just got back here yesterday and started reading as many threads as I could. I could’ve sworn 3 years ago, you and I had a conversation on OP about her and I thought it ended with the shared comment that the media was driving the negativity. Neither of us had a negative thing to say at that time.

But time has changed. You’re more tuned in politically and I haven’t followed any politics since the afghan war ended. Curious what had changed since then, that convo might not’ve been us, can’t imagine whom else it would’ve been.

As VP you don't want to overshadow or distract from POTUS. You're job is do what's asked of you and don't be in the spotlight. That could be part of what people were seeing with the "Kamala is a weak VP".
I have no clue about this answer you’re going to give nor doI know the answer at all, but I hope it’s affirmative.

Was she protective of the president? Did she have his back in other words?

Good Point Makes Sense GIF by Jackson

Nope. Just got back here yesterday and started reading as many threads as I could. I could’ve sworn 3 years ago, you and I had a conversation on OP about her and I thought it ended with the shared comment that the media was driving the negativity. Neither of us had a negative thing to say at that time.

But time has changed. You’re more tuned in politically and I haven’t followed any politics since the afghan war ended. Curious what had changed since then, that convo might not’ve been us, can’t imagine whom else it would’ve been.
At this point, my sincere hope is that she wins. That she appoints reasonable people around herself (+++ points if some of her cabinet is republican). That she sounds and acts presidential, and we don't have to worry about her mental capacity or that she is about to say something highly inappropriate. I know, that is a lot to ask. But, I really would love being at the point that I can be just be concerned with policy issues again.

At this point, my sincere hope is that she wins. That she appoints reasonable people around herself (+++ points if some of her cabinet is republican). That she sounds and acts presidential, and we don't have to worry about her mental capacity or that she is about to say something highly inappropriate. I know, that is a lot to ask. But, I really would love being at the point that I can be just be concerned with policy issues again.
This sounds good to me considering this century so far. You know my feelings on war as business, so I’m hoping a capable female might be able to soften our approach around the globe. I could only imagine the global economy minus pandemic hangovers and multiple conflicts.

If someone were to add that to their platform, there’s a lot more like me that would be enthusiastic.

PS. On an interesting note, we may have met. Don’t know if you’re still at the medical establishment on memorial (don’t want to give too much personal info) doing the same job. I’ve been in 3 times with an elderly lady falling and having TIAs all the time. If you have longish grey hair, we met. Twice. Regardless, great people there.

Back