Bud Light Controversy Spreads to Target, Sending the Stock Lower

Unfortunately, some appear okay, or at least easily excuse, the extremists which most align with their overall views.
This is a straw man--no one has excused any extremists in this thread. The argument has been:
1) While both sides have dangerous elements, one side is more dangerous than the other at one point in time.
Versus
2) Both sides are equally as dangerous.

This is a straw man--no one has excused any extremists in this thread. The argument has been:
1) While both sides have dangerous elements, one side is more dangerous than the other at one point in time.
Versus
2) Both sides are equally as dangerous.
Fair enough.

Then I am curious how you think one side is more dangerous than the other without at least partially excusing the actions. I don’t understand how you are so sure one side is more dangerous that you believe it is wrong to feel otherwise.

Fair enough.

Then I am curious how you think one side is more dangerous than the other without at least partially excusing the actions. I don’t understand how you are so sure one side is more dangerous that you believe it is wrong to feel otherwise.
Its pretty easy. I don't excuse the BLM protests that were violent and destructive. Those were a major issue and harmed many people and businesses. I am more concerned about January 6th because we still have a sizable amount of congresspeople that are STILL carrying water for these folks and the threat isn't over:

One was done out of anger, the other was a rejection of democracy and the democratic process. One is foundational to our country, the other is not.

Its pretty easy. I don't excuse the BLM protests that were violent and destructive. Those were a major issue and harmed many people and businesses. I am more concerned about January 6th because we still have a sizable amount of congresspeople that are STILL carrying water for these folks and the threat isn't over:

One was done out of anger, the other was a rejection of democracy and the democratic process. One is foundational to our country, the other is not.
They both burned the fabric of our nation. Both groups knew better and still chose to burn it down. The invasion of the capitol is troubling due the machinations that brought it about. Staged outrage is pathetic.

They both burned the fabric of our nation. Both groups knew better and still chose to burn it down. The invasion of the capitol is troubling due the machinations that brought it about. Staged outrage is pathetic.
I have a question for you: Is excusing the BLM protests that went violent being used as a litmus test today in congress to prove one's loyalty to the democratic party and its leader?

Now, is excusing the January 6th capitol insurrection being used as a litmus test today in congress to prove one's loyalty to the republican party and its leader?

I have a question for you: Is excusing the BLM protests that went violent being used as a litmus test today in congress to prove one's loyalty to the democratic party and its leader?

Now, is excusing the January 6th capitol incident being used as a litmus test today in congress to prove one's loyalty to the republican party and its leader?
It depends on who is trying to litmus test the events. To me they were both ridiculous. Both sides were way out of line.

If the repubs are litmus testing loyalty in this deal they need ask themselves why they choose to use that as a test of loyalty when the capitol had to evacuated. When did gratuitously applied violence and intimidation become a proper part of elections?

If dems are using the BLM riots as a litmus test they should wonder why they are looking at burning business districts and gratuitous violence as ok. When did this become part of the legal system?

Both extreme sides should be shunned.

Fair enough.

Who here is saying it is okay to riot and kill?

It depends on who is trying to litmus test the events. To me they were both ridiculous. Both sides were way out of line.

If the repubs are litmus testing loyalty in this deal they need ask themselves why they choose to use that as a test of loyalty when the capitol had to evacuated. When did gratuitously applied violence and intimidation become a proper part of elections?

If dems are using the BLM riots as a litmus test they should wonder why they are looking at burning business districts and gratuitous violence as ok. When did this become part of the legal system?

Both extreme sides should be shunned.
You are purposefully skimming over the whole point of the question. Excusing the violent protests was never used as a litmus test with the democrats. Wasn't then and isn't now.

Jan 6th has been used by the republicans as a litmus test for the last two and a half years. Not only that, but it is still the main defining issue for republicans both on the election trail and in congress itself.

Now, is excusing the January 6th capitol insurrection being used as a litmus test today in congress to prove one's loyalty to the republican party and its leader?
Besides extremists, like MTG/Boebert, do you really believe Republican leaders are excusing the Jan 6th riots? If so, can you provide an example?

Besides extremists, like MTG/Boebert, do you really believe Republican leaders are excusing the Jan 6th riots? If so, can you provide an example?
What Democrat leaders have excused the rioting and deaths from the riots?

You should read the article that you just responded to. It mentions Kevin McCarthy, Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz among others. Andy Biggs, one of the organizers of Jan 6th is the chair of the Freedom Caucus. Mo Brooks legitimized using violence to accomplish political goals on a radio interview.

These views are pervasive in the republican party in 2023. They aren't and haven't ever been with the democrats.

You are purposefully skimming over the whole point of the question. Excusing the violent protests was never used as a litmus test with the democrats. Wasn't then and isn't now.

Jan 6th has been used by the republicans as a litmus test for the last two and a half years. Not only that, but it is still the main defining issue for republicans both on the election trail and in congress itself.
Ok, the repubs are being absolutely stupid using Jan 6 as a litmus test. Is that removing the "skim". I've said it four different ways.

I don't agree about the dems not using the BLM protests to litmus people, there was a lot of virtue signaling over the riots. Didn't Newsome and Harris both bail out protestors in other states?

Matt Gaetz nominated and voted for Trump in Jan 2023 for Speaker

Jim Jordon was referred to the House Ethics Committee 7 months ago for his on going role in playing roadblock and personal body guard during the Trump Jan 6 investigation.

Josh Hawley 11 months ago was fund raising off Jan 6th and still held on to the claim he thought nothing wrong at all occurred on that day.

in Feb 2022 the REPUBLICAN NATIONAL PARTY voted to Censure one of their own Members in Liz Cheney for participating on the Jan 6th committee and then voted to label Jan 6th as " Legitimate Political Discourse"

14 months ago GOP Reps Andy Biggs, Ronny Jackson, and Mo Brooks refused to participate and provide interviews to the Jan 6 committee calling the investigation of Jan 6th illegitimate and said that investigating Jan 6th was nothing more than a Ruthless Crusade to go after Trump and his allies

What Democrat leaders have excused the rioting and deaths from the riots?
I have not and was not making that claim.

But we do have a sitting VP who on national TV and in personal tweets stated that protests should not stop (while rioting was occurring) and helped promote bail for people being arrested for violent and non-violent offenses. She was one of several Dems that vocally supported protests.

It is interesting that some easily interpret actions from one side as problematic, but seemingly forget similar activities/actions/words from others.

Matt Gaetz nominated and voted for Trump in Jan 2023 for Speaker

Jim Jordon was referred to the House Ethics Committee 7 months ago for his on going role in playing roadblock and personal body guard during the Trump Jan 6 investigation.

Josh Hawley 11 months ago was fund raising off Jan 6th and still held on to the claim he thought nothing wrong at all occurred on that day.

in Feb 2022 the REPUBLICAN NATIONAL PARTY voted to Censure one of their own Members in Liz Cheney for participating on the Jan 6th committee and then voted to label Jan 6th as " Legitimate Political Discourse"

14 months ago GOP Reps Andy Biggs, Ronny Jackson, and Mo Brooks refused to participate and provide interviews to the Jan 6 committee calling the investigation of Jan 6th illegitimate and said that investigating Jan 6th was nothing more than a Ruthless Crusade to go after Trump and his allies
Fair. I certainly lump Gaetz and Jordan with MTG/Gobert. Those four gone along with AOC/Bush/Schiff/Omar would be a great bargain for our country.

But we do have a sitting VP who on national TV and in personal tweets stated that protests should not stop (while rioting was occurring) and helped promote bail for people being arrested for violent and non-violent offenses. She was one of several Dems that vocally supported protests.

It is interesting that some easily interpret actions from one side as problematic, but seemingly forget similar activities/actions/words from others.

And of June 20th 2023 she is the lest favorable VP in all of polling History

Kamala Harris sets record low for vice president net favorability​

Nearly half of the respondents have a negative view of Vice President Harris, according to a new NBC News survey.

The poll, published on Monday, found that 49 percent of respondents have a negative opinion of Harris, while 32 percent of those surveyed have a positive opinion of the vice president.

Harris received a net negative rating of -17, which is the lowest net negative rating for a vice president in the history of the poll.

For example, In October 2019, 38 percent of respondents had a negative view of Harris’ predecessor, former Vice President Pence, while 34 percent of those surveyed had a positive view of the now Republican Presidential candidate, according to the poll.

The poll comes as White House officials have been working with Harris to repair her image and bump up her polling numbers ahead of the 2024 election, according to Axios.

White House Chief of Staff Jeff Zients told the media outlet that he meets with Harris on a weekly basis to discuss ways to tout her policy ideas and leadership.

Ford planning to lay off hundreds of workersIllinois waitress surprised with $800 tip in honor of customers’ late daughter
Current chief of staff to Education Secretary Miguel Cardona Shelia Nix is set to join President Biden’s reelection campaign team as the chief of staff to Harris. The vice president is expected to be a key player in the 2024 campaign trail.

Biden announced in April that he plans to run for reelection in 2024 amid weeks of speculation. Biden has faced questions about his age and whether he is up for a full campaign season and a second term as president.

The NBC News poll was conducted from June 16 to June 20 with a total of 1000 respondents participating in the survey. The poll’s margin of error was 3.1 percentage points.

Ok, the repubs are being absolutely stupid using Jan 6 as a litmus test. Is that removing the "skim". I've said it four different ways.

I don't agree about the dems not using the BLM protests to litmus people, there was a lot of virtue signaling over the riots. Didn't Newsome and Harris both bail out protestors in other states?
Calling those actions stupid is still downplaying these themes. They are antidemocratic, authoritarian at best and treasonous at worst. Those words have a different meaning than "abosultely stupid", right?

Newsome didn't, but a fund linked to Kamala Harris did. Bailing out violent protesters did not become any sort of litmus test for democrats though.

So after this deliberation, would you agree that not all things are equal at this point in time in the parties?

I have not and was not making that claim…..now let me actually make it. :LOL:

Back