Bud Light Controversy Spreads to Target, Sending the Stock Lower

You just don't get it, I hope you love your child, I wish your child great happiness and wonderful health, I have no reason to not like your child, I am sure they are a wonderful person. I have relatives that live alternate lifestyles and they are always welcome in my home, or to anything I have and there shall be no stupidity involved in misplaced humor towards them. I hope and pray that all of you understand that.

I don't want anyone to feel they aren't valued or are hated. However, if you can't look at some of the extreme stuff that shows up at pride parades or the extremism of the transgender stuff and understand pushback is going to happen then no one can console you.

If you are going to lecture others about how wrong they are not to drink a certain beer because of an offensive ad campaign when you aren't drinking it to show support then you are being all hat and no cattle.

ZZZ away, but remember you know I am correct.
You just don't get it...you mention the 'extreme stuff' and 'extremism of the transgender stuff', well I could also call out the 'extreme' stuff that is said by people like you...just remember, the people who attend PrideFest or parades or marches are mostly doing so to show others (including kids) that it's OK to be themselves, showing them that they are loved and seen and accepted, showing them that they have a place in society, showing them that they are important, that they are not alone (like many of the LGBTQ+ community were when they were growing up).
and lastly..."but remember you know I am correct." ????????? WTF....get over yourself....

You just don't get it...you mention the 'extreme stuff' and 'extremism of the transgender stuff', well I could also call out the 'extreme' stuff that is said by people like you...just remember, the people who attend PrideFest or parades or marches are mostly doing so to show others (including kids) that it's OK to be themselves, showing them that they are loved and seen and accepted, showing them that they have a place in society, showing them that they are important, that they are not alone (like many of the LGBTQ+ community were when they were growing up).
and lastly..."but remember you know I am correct." ????????? WTF....get over yourself....
I'm not the only one in the get over yourself category.

They don't understand they are attacking and hurting the family members of people who care for, support and love their Gay relatives.

As a father who has an Adult Son who is gay I want to let everyone know the type of crap going on in this thread...hurts. It sucks.

It is horrible to know people think these kinds of things about my Kid
It is horrible to think that my child will never be taken as a serious adult in Oklahoma due to sexual preference

It is horrifying that my child will face this Classless and Childish name calling and behavior across all aspects of his life every day living in Oklahoma.

It HURTS to know that someone doesn't like your child simply for being themselves

it fills you with RAGE to know that some people do this just because they think it is funny and to get a laugh or reaction without them knowing exactly how much emotional and psychological issues they are causing not only to the Gay person, but to their family members that love them as well.

It is Damning to hear people use the Bible to tell you how your child is hated by God, but those SAME people will go to Church and sing and praise the fact that God Loves everyone and everything and is welcoming to any and all things in his creation despite them doing everything in their power to separate and push them from out of their churches.

This thread has made me cry, has made me FEAR FOR THE LIFE OF MY OWN CHILD, has made me extremely angry, and has given my small glimpses of hope to see those standing up.

No parent ever wants to think that people hate their child. If you are a parent....I plead with you as a general rule on this subject. don't just consider the homosexual person as the target of your rhetoric or opinions. Because I can 100% guarantee that you may direct your words at them and their community, but you will hit their relatives, their fiends, their loved ones, Their church (if they have been lucky enough to find an accepting church which will even allow them to ATTEMPT to have a relationship with God) and their entire support structure.

A Group of Neo Nazi's showed up at the Tulsa Pride Parade this weekend. Marching carrying signs of Hate and Yelling words of Hate and Fear. The remarks on this board were no different than what these Neo Nazis were yelling at the PRIDE events this weekend.

Have you ever felt the fear, anger, desperation, and Hurt of having Nazi's protest your child ? How does it feel to be on the same side as actual Nazi's ?
I'm not trying to stir the pot, here, but I am curious where you're seeing example of people hating your child in this thread. I'm not seeing it, but I also don't have your perspective, and may be blind to it. Can you point me to the posts that are horrifying, hurtful, hateful, etc...?

Greg Abbott’s anti-woke Garth Brooks tirade mocked​

Governor Greg Abbott of Texas drew online ridicule after sharing a fake article about country singer Garth Brooks being booed off the stage in a purported display of patriotism.

On Sunday, the Republican politico responded to an article about Brooks being driven off the stage by booing “patriots” condemning his prior messages of tolerance and inclusiveness at the 123rd annual Texas Country Jamboree in the city of Hambriston.

But Hambriston is not a real city. The jamboree is also not a real event. In fact, the entire article was fake, written by the satirical website, The Dunning-Kruger Times.

Abbott nonetheless responded to the article in earnest from his personal Twitter account.

“Go Woke. Go Broke,” Abbott wrote about the false story.

“Garth called his conservative fans assholes. Good job, Texas,” Abbott added, referring to the booing.

Abbott deleted the tweet shortly after posting. But several Twitter users took screenshots of Abbott’s comments, mocking him.

“The event and the town mentioned don’t even exist! Does he even know his own state?” wrote one Twitter user.

Another user encouraged Abbott to hold a rally in Hambriston “if he can find it on a map”.

A representative for Abbott was not immediately available for comment.

Well I have to apologize for my leather thong joke. I was totally inaccurate about shock value. The Toronto Sun had pictures of old dudes marching in the parade naked meanwhile in Seattle we had naked bike riders. No one needs to see that.

Both of these statements seem accurate over the last three pages of this thread.
1) There is some serious Grade A virtue-signaling
2) There is also some comments that are unnecessarily crass.

And neither side of the posting seem to even attempt to listen to what others are saying.

Both of these statements seem accurate over the last three pages of this thread.
1) There is some serious Grade A virtue-signaling
2) There is also some comments that are unnecessarily crass.

And neither side of the posting seem to even attempt to listen to what others are saying.
Crass is in the eye of the beholder, but I can see that. It could be worse, I could have put the nekkid middle aged Non-Addonis Marching Squad up. That was crass.

Well I have to apologize for my leather thong joke. I was totally inaccurate about shock value. The Toronto Sun had pictures of old dudes marching in the parade naked meanwhile in Seattle we had naked bike riders. No one needs to see that.
we obviously will never see eye to eye on the issue of the LGBTQ+ community, (agree to disagree) but it did make me chuckle thinking about your search history trying to find photos of naked pride people...for the record, I would not want my kids/grandchildren seeing people naked, but those are isolated cases. (the OKC Pride parade was pretty 'tame' and tasteful) If you want to find exceptions/extremes in ANY group you can: preachers gone wild, teachers gone wild, cops gone wild, etc. (the list goes on) Once, while in New Orleans while watching a Mardi Gras parade, there were a few people flashing their breasts...for beads...LOL
side note: you might be surprised there are numerous 'naked bike rides' held around the US, and you might further be surprised that these have nothing to do with the LGBTQ+ pride celebrations...

we obviously will never see eye to eye on the issue of the LGBTQ+ community, (agree to disagree) but it did make me chuckle thinking about your search history trying to find photos of naked pride people...for the record, I would not want my kids/grandchildren seeing people naked, but those are isolated cases. (the OKC Pride parade was pretty 'tame' and tasteful) If you want to find exceptions/extremes in ANY group you can: preachers gone wild, teachers gone wild, cops gone wild, etc. (the list goes on) Once, while in New Orleans while watching a Mardi Gras parade, there were a few people flashing their breasts...for beads...LOL
side note: you might be surprised there are numerous 'naked bike rides' held around the US, and you might further be surprised that these have nothing to do with the LGBTQ+ pride celebrations...
u know how our extremist news orgs work. When a right conservative media org shows Pride or Arabic people they will always find some Nude, scantily clad person at a pride event or will find a group of Arabic terrorist or group burning an America Flag. Images always out of context and they will circulate that image with all stories linked to Pride or Arabic issues and their audience will gobble it up and associate ALL things related to those topics to those images.

Left Leaning media does the same thing. It is conditioning via visual imagery and what it has done is created generations of us fools out here who have a mental image in our head of Extremist for certain topics because it is all we have allowed ourselves to consume and has become how we identify certain groups.

And you saw that conditioning reappear on this very thread just like the media outlets and the people pulling the strings behind them expected and wanted them too.

It showed up in flipboard. I didn't go "searching" for it. It just showed up.

u know how our extremist news orgs work. When a right conservative media org shows Pride or Arabic people they will always find some Nude, scantily clad person at a pride event or will find a group of Arabic terrorist or group burning an America Flag. Images always out of context and they will circulate that image with all stories linked to Pride or Arabic issues and their audience will gobble it up and associate ALL things related to those topics to those images.

Left Leaning media does the same thing. It is conditioning via visual imagery and what it has done is created generations of us fools out here who have a mental image in our head of Extremist for certain topics because it is all we have allowed ourselves to consume and has become how we identify certain groups.

And you saw that conditioning reappear on this very thread just like the media outlets and the people pulling the strings behind them expected and wanted them too.
Yes, much of this is true, except we didnt see left wing people storm the capitol. The right wing has more people on the fringes than the left does at this point in time. 13% of register republicans are Q people.

This may change in the future, but right now the right wing is the bigger threat to democracy.

Yes, much of this is true, except we didnt see left wing people storm the capitol. The right wing has more people on the fringes than the left does at this point in time. 13% of register republicans are Q people.

This may change in the future, but right now the right wing is the bigger threat to democracy.
Both left and right have extremists that deliver and receive fake information ....and then act accordingly. Idiots on the right believed fake news about the election and stormed the nation's capitol. Idiots on the left believed fake news about police actions and burned down parts of cities.

The problem is some only see issues on the other side of their political spectrum or think a threat is stronger with one group. Respectfully, believing one is worse than the other is myopic.

Both left and right have extremists that deliver and receive fake information ....and then act accordingly. Idiots on the right believed fake news about the election and stormed the nation's capitol. Idiots on the left believed fake news about police actions and burned down parts of cities.

The problem is some only see issues on the other side of their political spectrum or think a threat is stronger with one group. Respectfully, believing one is worse than the other is myopic.
There is a danger of "both sidesing" things where one does a false equivalency between the two. They may have been more or less equal 10 or 15 years ago, but that has changed a great deal since 2016. Only one side attempted an insurrection.

Until the left does something on that level, things aren't all equal. Pretending that they are is dangerous and not intellectually honest.

There is a danger of "both sidesing" things where one does a false equivalency between the two. They may have been more or less equal 10 or 15 years ago, but that has changed a great deal since 2016. Only one side attempted an insurrection.

Until the left does something on that level, things aren't all equal. Pretending that they are is dangerous and not intellectually honest.
BLM tried to do wild protests in citiex, the olds went to the capitol and upped the ante. Both sets of extremists are dangerous to our society.

Not understanding the problems on "your side" or just accepting it is not "both sidesing". One side made a mockery of our elections, did damage to the capitol in the process, and one person died. The other side did over $2B worth of damage and multiple people died.

Both flaunted laws and made our country worse and look bad.

I seriously challenge your viewpoint, but it appears deeply ingrained so doubtful a debate will change/open your views.

Not understanding the problems on "your side" or just accepting it is not "both sidesing". One side made a mockery of our elections, did damage to the capitol in the process, and one person died. The other side did over $2B worth of damage and multiple people died.

Both flaunted laws and made our country worse and look bad.

I seriously challenge your viewpoint, but it appears deeply ingrained so doubtful a debate will change/open your views.
Nor would a debate change yours.

Back