Bedlam: Cowgirls at Sooners

Cowgirls RPI now at 6. Guaranteed a super regional I'd say.
I would agree. The teams right behind us don’t have near the resume as the Cowgirls (4-2 against #1 & #2). Four of our losses were to Top 10 teams (OU, Texas, LSU & Georgia).

The only negatives are a SOS of 27 and 3 quad 2 losses. (Iowa State x2 and Tulsa)

I hate this logic. Sweep their asses and take their souls. Then they are asking questions going into the tournament.
You already took their souls, you really want to give them more time to have practice against Kilfoyl?

You already took their souls, you really want to give them more time to have practice against Kilfoyl?
I don't think her getting 6 outs would have made a major difference. They have plenty of film of her already.

My thinking if I'm Kenny is I'm 4-24 or whatever against them, I'm doing whatever I can to win every chance I get against them. But, he went with Kyra, and it didn't work out. Also now I wonder about her confidence that was already pretty low.

I will be interesting to see how we set up the Big XII tournament. BYU could easily beat us if we don't pitch well.

I haven’t watched much softball but the over the top celebration on every play makes it difficult to watch. One would think with the gooner women, as good as they have been over that few years, they would act like they have been there. Maybe since they got their a$$es handed to them in the first two games they are trying to convince themselves of something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what I HATE about them the most. The connor mcgregor/vince McMahon strut after every damn play. Handle the fundamentals and play clean softball and move to the next inning. Their arrogance and pompous jackassery ruins their image in my opinion. I don’t hate them because they are elite. Them being elite forced our hand and we are still 2-3 pieces short of being in that top 3 echelon for a long time!

I don't think her getting 6 outs would have made a major difference. They have plenty of film of her already.

My thinking if I'm Kenny is I'm 4-24 or whatever against them, I'm doing whatever I can to win every chance I get against them. But, he went with Kyra, and it didn't work out. Also now I wonder about her confidence that was already pretty low.

I will be interesting to see how we set up the Big XII tournament. BYU could easily beat us if we don't pitch well.
I can’t argue with your points.

That’s what I HATE about them the most. The connor mcgregor/vince McMahon strut after every damn play. Handle the fundamentals and play clean softball and move to the next inning. Their arrogance and pompous jackassery ruins their image in my opinion. I don’t hate them because they are elite. Them being elite forced our hand and we are still 2-3 pieces short of being in that top 3 echelon for a long time!
The best one was on Friday when Bloodworth snagged a line drive and then threw behind the runner (Brito?) at second for a possible double play, and when the ump mistakenly called her safe, the OU play flexed and yelled in Bloodworth's face as if she had accomplished something.

interesting about Ivy:

But she came into the day 4 ⅓ innings short of 100 for the season — the minimum requirement during the regular season for a pitcher to be eligible for All-America honors with the National Fastpitch Coaches Association.

“Your numbers are good. You’re gonna be in the conversation for All-American stuff,” Gajewski told Rosenberry. “You have to get to 100.”

interesting about Ivy:

But she came into the day 4 ⅓ innings short of 100 for the season — the minimum requirement during the regular season for a pitcher to be eligible for All-America honors with the National Fastpitch Coaches Association.

“Your numbers are good. You’re gonna be in the conversation for All-American stuff,” Gajewski told Rosenberry. “You have to get to 100.”
Oh wow so she got to exactly 4.1 innings today

Sucks we didn’t get the sweep but proud the ladies prove that they are one of the best teams in the country.

We hit Kenney hard today. Unfortunately OU defense made some great plays to kept us off the board. It can be a good sign to face her for 6.2 innings just in case we get to see her next Friday in the Big 12 Semi.

Ivy Rosenberry….what a warrior. From what I was told….. Kenny told her and her mother that she needs 4.1 innings to reach NCFA All-American honors. It was her decision. She wanted it and did just that. Just incredible

Kyra Aycock didn’t look very good….throw too many cookies will get you beat. Specially against a team like OU. The consistency is not there this season.

Defense was good early on but not at the end…..the last few innings I thought we became undisciplined. Need to make better judgement on fly balls. On couple hits we were in the wrong position(could be a coaching decision) that we couldn’t make a play on the ball. In all 3 games combined, we made too many errors. Need to do a better job going forward. If not, it will cost us.

Lexi Kilfoyl did not play. In a close game I want her instead of Aycock. Was I little upset a little? Of course, I wanted to sweep them. But curious he decided to let her rest for Friday semifinal vs OU again. She does have 139.1 IP. With Ivy not 100% and Kyra struggles…..Kenny needs to find ways to give Lexi some rest or pitch keep her from being overused into exhaustion with 4 weeks remaining.

Just my thoughts

Last edited:
Those girls have seen Kilfoyl plenty of times including when she was at Alabama. They already know the scout on her and sweeping them would’ve taken their souls but the way they won might’ve given them life

Those girls have seen Kilfoyl plenty of times including when she was at Alabama. They already know the scout on her and sweeping them would’ve taken their souls but the way they won might’ve given them life
The pitch calling is new, why give them the chance to get what we are doing?

For as much as we catch hell from squat fans about acting like we've been there before any time we celebrate a win over them, their 3x defending national champ softball team was acting like absolute buffoon children all weekend. Particularly after losing your second series of the year, and first at home since 2006, I expect a little more business-like showing when trying to avoid a sweep. But hey, when a school holds the likes of sh!t stain mayfield in the highest regard, you gotta lower your expectations of them as a whole.

Off to the $ec with ya and good riddance, uppity dOUchelord chodes.

Same for D1 Softball. Taking 2 of 3, on the road in Norman, certainly deserved that #2 spot.

1715014384405.png

The pitch calling is new, why give them the chance to get what we are doing?
This is exactly right. Why give them more practice on Lexi? That's why they didn't pitch her yesterday. That game didn't matter. Not in the long-run. Don't be surprised when she doesn't pitch on Friday against OU either. The Big 12 Tournament doesn't matter. We're more than likely going to have to go through OU to win a Natty. The less batting practice they have on Lexi before then, the better.

This is exactly right. Why give them more practice on Lexi? That's why they didn't pitch her yesterday. That game didn't matter. Not in the long-run. Don't be surprised when she doesn't pitch on Friday against OU either. The Big 12 Tournament doesn't matter. We're more than likely going to have to go through OU to win a Natty. The less batting practice they have on Lexi before then, the better.
I would agree the big 12 tournament doesn't matter...if it wasn't at the same field as the WCWS. For all the girls who haven't played there yet this would be a great opportunity to get a feel of what it will be like if we are to make it to the WCWS. The more practice and time we have there, the better.

I would agree the big 12 tournament doesn't matter...if it wasn't at the same field as the WCWS. For all the girls who haven't played there yet this would be a great opportunity to get a feel of what it will be like if we are to make it to the WCWS. The more practice and time we have there, the better.
I think is does matter because we can’t lose to BYU. After that it’s just gravy. Beat BYU and you are more than likely a top 4 seed.

IMG_6814.jpeg
ESPN just posted this of a Georgia pitcher's pitch location by season and from one game.

There's no secrets in scouting reports. If ESPN has this, so does the opponent plus much more data.

I can see putting Aycock in a pressure spot to she how she handles it....but we're not hiding Lexi. This is a sport where most teams throw 3 pitchers. She'll pitch next week, and maybe against BYU instead of OU, but we're not sitting her.

Back