Red Raiders in Stillwater

We shouldnot have allowed that. Remember when Tom Belza dropped that pop up and cost us making the tournament. You think tech would have let us not play.
I agree…But from their side…why risk potential injury? Let’s lick our wounds and head home. Don’t agree with that mindset but evidently it’s a thing. It’s sunny in Stillwater…if tech wanted to play, they would have

I agree…But from their side…why risk potential injury? Let’s lick our wounds and head home. Don’t agree with that mindset but evidently it’s a thing. It’s sunny in Stillwater…if tech wanted to play, they would have
I get what they are thinking, but it shouldn't be "a thing" and it should not be allowed by the league or the NCAA, and honestly not by OSU either.

And how did you come to this conclusion?
I think if we had won yesterday, we'd have been 3 games back of OU and there was a numerical possibility of us sweeping UH and OU getting swept by Cincy resulting in a regular season tie. That wasn't going to happen. I was more concerned that if we had won yesterday we would be one game ahead of UT and WVU, but looking at the standings now we have one less loss than both, so if we sweep UH, we are the 2 seed, even if UT and WVU sweep their last series.

D1 baseball moved ou up 6 spots after sweeping Baylor and we stay the same?
D1 is well known for meat riding the $ec so they're prepping for next season. Same thing when they swept BYU, yet another team that won't even qualify to play in Arlington, they vaulted 0u 7 spots.

D1 is well known for meat riding the $ec so they're prepping for next season. Same thing when they swept BYU, yet another team that won't even qualify to play in Arlington, they vaulted 0u 7 spots.
If you compare schedules how can you justify that movement?last two weeks weeksThey’ve swept bottom feeder and tech..? Big deal. The separation between us is mind boggling, esp when we’ve gone 3-1 with them for the year. I want to kick there a$$ once or twice more.I’ll get off my soapbox.

If you compare schedules how can you justify that movement?last two weeks weeksThey’ve swept bottom feeder and tech..? Big deal. The separation between us is mind boggling, esp when we’ve gone 3-1 with them for the year. I want to kick there a$$ once or twice more.I’ll get off my soapbox.
OU's strength of schedule is 11, ours is 30.

I think that's the main difference.

Lamar did sweep OU but they are RPI #63, we played Utah Tech twice and lost one and they are #284.

Lamar did sweep OU but they are RPI #63, we played Utah Tech twice and lost one and they are #284.
Against OSU, Texas and West Virginia the three teams behind them, they were 3-6! Texas was 4-2 against OSU and OU but did not play West Virginia this year! West Virginia was 3-3 against OSU and OU, but again did not play Texas! OSU was 6-3 against OU, Texas and West Virginia! OU also split with ORU, who was down this year 1-1 (don’t know what ORU was RPI wise, we swept them). I guess you give them credit for sweeping all the lower level and bottom feeders!!! 🤔

This isn't directed at you Chairman since I know you have nothing to do with any of the metrics, but as a general statement, SOS is such a crock of sh!t metric to base anything on. So what if 0u is higher if they didn't actually WIN any of those games?

Rant over

Against OSU, Texas and West Virginia the three teams behind them, they were 3-6! Texas was 4-2 against OSU and OU but did not play West Virginia this year! West Virginia was 3-3 against OSU and OU, but again did not play Texas! OSU was 6-3 against OU, Texas and West Virginia! OU also split with ORU, who was down this year 1-1 (don’t know what ORU was RPI wise, we swept them). I guess you give them credit for sweeping all the lower level and bottom feeders!!! 🤔
I'm just explaining the math. I don't think they're that good, either. Calm down.

Back