2024 Presidential Election

Yep. Lots of people of one particular ideology dislike/hate him now, but stating he hasn’t done anything beneficial to humanity is laughable and not credible.

I have a friend at NASA who was attended the amazing rocket booster catch two weeks ago. Those at NASA have done a 180 (in the other way) with him. First they dislike/hated the thought of privatization of space exploration…now they love him because it opening up so much more for NASA.
Certainly fair to hate his politics and he is so open with it he deserves the wrath…but the man is quite the visionary and is putting significant investments that makes the world better (or has the potential).
I agree that Space-X is amazing. How much of it is him being a visionary, and how much of the credit should go to the people that actually did the work to make it happen?

You are right about everything but 5.

Paypal.....45% of online commerce market share and was higher
Tesla....second largest EV company in the world bigger than all other American ones combined. As well as residential solar/battery.
SpaceX...gets our folks out of a jam and just caught a large rocket for re-use. Doing more cheaper than anyone else in the space sector.
Starlink...opened the internet to pretty much anywhere in the world affordably good and bad

He is as much of a visionary as exists today. Pick any one of those and it's puts him higher on the list than 99.99% of all people in the visionary category. I don't disagree a lot of what he does puts him in the d-bag category but it doesn't change what has been done. The OG Tesla was crazy too....but you can thank him for the power grid. All that changed was his politics so he went from genius to idiot in an election cycle.
hard to read tone on messages...were you being sarcastic with this? or serious?...I honestly can't tell...

Just reading about him it's a mixed bag.

He luckboxed the internet boom early in his career but to his credit he didn't take the money and run. Tesla wasn't his creation but it looks like spacex was. History is probably going to remember that favorably.

Im not sure what his endgame with Trump is. Just a guess but it's a combination of seeing him as a useful idiot and someone important in California hurt his ego and he sees the whole thing as a banana measuring contest.
I believe musk joined Tesla 6 months after it was founded and four years before they began production.

His endgame is more power and money, trump will give him both.

I believe musk joined Tesla 6 months after it was founded and four years before they began production.

His endgame is more power and money, trump will give him both.
And, to be fair, to keep his power, he didn't get a lot of choice. Despite Tesla being an American company making the most American made cars, Tesla was completely shunned by the Biden administration. In 2021, Tesla made 3/4s of the EVs on the road and the White House had an "EV summit" and invited the CEOs of GM and Ford and nobody from Tesla. That is purposefully making an enemy and simply an idiotic move (likely kowtowing to unions).

Take a narcissist who has the largest American car company by market cap and by far the largest EV company and shun him from every government event and have multiple agencies go after him. At that point, it doesn't matter if he was previously a centrist dem, he is going to protect his companies, wealth, and ego with the politician that will work for him. Yep, he's an a$$, but I can't blame him for this move at all.

Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 8.54.29 PM.png

Honestly, to me it sort of shows how little the president really matters.

The Trump vs. Biden-Harris Economy, in 10 Charts​

The U.S. presidential election is less than three weeks away. Yet, neither candidate—Democratic Vice President Kamala Harris or former Republican President Donald Trump—looks to have a commanding lead in the polls.

If voters can agree on anything, it’s that the economy is a top concern in this year’s contentious race. It is debatable whether any sitting president, or vice president, can exert much control over an economy as large and complex as that of the U.S. Yet, both candidates are running on their respective administrations’ economic records, so let’s have a closer look.

(charts too big to copy paste but free link to Barrons.)

And, to be fair, to keep his power, he didn't get a lot of choice. Despite Tesla being an American company making the most American made cars, Tesla was completely shunned by the Biden administration. In 2021, Tesla made 3/4s of the EVs on the road and the White House had an "EV summit" and invited the CEOs of GM and Ford and nobody from Tesla. That is purposefully making an enemy and simply an idiotic move (likely kowtowing to unions).

Take a narcissist who has the largest American car company by market cap and by far the largest EV company and shun him from every government event and have multiple agencies go after him. At that point, it doesn't matter if he was previously a centrist dem, he is going to protect his companies, wealth, and ego with the politician that will work for him. Yep, he's an a$$, but I can't blame him for this move at all.

View attachment 7899

That was a ridiculously stupid move on Bidens part. Dems want to go all in on EV's but they snub their nose at the EV king.

getting ready for work this AM, tv showed early mail in voting percentages and was surprised that Reps was higher than Dems...interesting...wondering if it means anything...my gut feeling is don is gonna win this election...my maga buddy told me this AM that his gut feeling is Kamala is gonna win...maybe we are both just gearing up for the scenario we don't want...

getting ready for work this AM, tv showed early mail in voting percentages and was surprised that Reps was higher than Dems...interesting...wondering if it means anything...my gut feeling is don is gonna win this election...my maga buddy told me this AM that his gut feeling is Kamala is gonna win...maybe we are both just gearing up for the scenario we don't want...
For which state and what source? Actual tally or just votes by registration.

NBC is showing Dem lead in at least MN, MI, PA, WI, NC and NV...though some of those are very close. I think Rep early turnout is much higher than 2020, but request for mail in was much higher so that shpuld be expected. Also don't know anything other than registration counts, not actual votes.

All that said, I don't feel confident about the outcome this cycle.

Republicans Eat Into Democrats’ Early Voting Advantage​

More than 15 million Americans have already voted, as both parties scour data for clues on turnout​

Democrats have a clear edge in early voting so far, but Republicans are embracing the practice of casting their ballots before Election Day more than they have in past election cycles, despite former President Donald Trump sending mixed signals on the issue.

NBC is showing Dem lead in at least MN, MI, PA, WI, NC and NV...though some of those are very close. I think Rep early turnout is much higher than 2020, but request for mail in was much higher so that shpuld be expected. Also don't know anything other than registration counts, not actual votes.

Good Morning America. Just saw it while passing through living room. I want to say it was just comparing 2020 and 2024 early mail in voting by party. And Reps #s were way up. (Not results, just using mail in)

Some math nerd figured out how many votes she needs to be ahead by in Pennsylvania going into election day to feel confident about her odds. That number is 500,000. As of this morning she's up by 420,000 and adding a 25k/day lead. So if that 25k/day holds she should be up ~670k by Nov 5.

I feel fairly confident. Republicans are running their own biased polls and trying to get them in the mix. And I like Gerald Celente for saying that Harris will win big. He may be a has been, but he still tries to go by data and the trends he sees in them, rather than by his own personal biases.

Bear in mind that Trump couldn't even beat a senile old man, Biden, who didn't have much charisma when not acting too old.

Trump has been his own worst enemy with his stunts and awful, disgusting things he says and hopefully all that will backfire.

Last edited:
Good Morning America. Just saw it while passing through living room. I want to say it was just comparing 2020 and 2024 early mail in voting by party. And Reps #s were way up. (Not results, just using mail in)
Hopefully, a surprising number of Republicans are enthused about wanting to vote against Trump.

I feel fairly confident. Republicans are running their own biased polls and trying to get them in the mix. And I like Gerald Celente for saying that Harris will win big. He may be a has been, but he still tries to go by data and the trends he sees in them, rather than by his own personal biases.

Bear in mind that Trump couldn't even beat a senile old man, Biden, who didn't have much charisma when not acting too old.

Trump has been his own worst enemy with his stunts and awful, disgusting things he says and hopefully all that will backfire.
I'm probably trying to prevent a surprise disappointment like 2016. The "don't count him out because sh!t happens in this country" mindset. Although, holy crap is he extra far off his rocker this year.

Last edited:
The share of early voters in Pennsylvania who are Republicans has increased to 24% so far this year from 16% in 2020, according to TargetSmart data provided to CBS on Wednesday. Democrats have historically dominated absentee ballot voting in Pennsylvania. (from Forbes)

Back