2024 Presidential Election

If Kamala Harris agrees to keep Lena Kahn in charge of the FTC and is serious about getting the Israeli hostages out of Gaza ( I was legitimately impressed they had two of the parents speaking)

I'll happily support her over Trump.

Also it's wild we're doing all this drama and spending all this money for 100,000 potential voters spread across Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Georgia.

I don't like Trump, but I feel he's far from the antichrist.
I don't believe in god so antichrist whatever, but how is stuff like this not the end of him as a serious person much less candidate for President of the United States?

Reporter: Now you might be wondering why Trump's team would want RFK Jr.'s endorsement. RFK Jr.'s campaign has been plagued with scandal. A parasitic worm had entered into his brain and died there, he evaded questions on allegations of sexual assault, and he admitted he left a dead bear cub in Central Park

Did the National Federation of Republican Assemblies (NFRA) really unanimously adopt the position that Kamala Harris is ineligible to be President based on... the Dred Scott decision?!

WTF

Did the National Federation of Republican Assemblies (NFRA) really unanimously adopt the position that Kamala Harris is ineligible to be President based on... the Dred Scott decision?!

WTF

The egregious thing to me as a lawyer is the citation to U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark.

In that case, SCOTUS held "a child born in the United States, of parents of Chinese descent, who, at the time of his birth, are subjects of the Emperor of China, but have a permanent domicile and residence in the United States, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity under the Emperor of China", automatically became a U.S. citizen at birth.

So the case they cite in support of their claim that Harris is not a U.S. citizen says EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what they claim it says.

Perkins v. Elg said that child born to one non-U.S. Citizen and one naturalized citizen on U.S. soil remains a U.S. Citizen even if her parents take her back to their original country and the naturalized citizen renounces his U.S. Citizen.

The egregious thing to me as a lawyer is the citation to U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark.

In that case, SCOTUS held "a child born in the United States, of parents of Chinese descent, who, at the time of his birth, are subjects of the Emperor of China, but have a permanent domicile and residence in the United States, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity under the Emperor of China", automatically became a U.S. citizen at birth.

So the case they cite in support of their claim that Harris is not a U.S. citizen says EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what they claim it says.

Perkins v. Elg said that child born to one non-U.S. Citizen and one naturalized citizen on U.S. soil remains a U.S. Citizen even if her parents take her back to their original country and the naturalized citizen renounces his U.S. Citizen.
Is this the only place that the US has considered someone born in the US to not be a citizen (other than slaves)?

Thought born in the US always guaranteed citizenship.

They are suing their own AG's !!!!!

BREAKING | Republican state lawmakers sue Missouri's Secretary of State to get the abortion right question off the November ballot. Missouri

Is this the only place that the US has considered someone born in the US to not be a citizen (other than slaves)?

Thought born in the US always guaranteed citizenship.
Wong Kim Ark case said born in the US is a citizen.....even if both parents are non-citizens...UNLESS the parents were diplomats for a foreign country/official representatives of their country of origin.

I've not done a full survey of the "natural born US citizens" decisions so I don't know if that portion of the decision (unless parents were diplomats, etc) has later been overturned.

Wong Kim Ark case said born in the US is a citizen.....even if both parents are non-citizens...UNLESS the parents were diplomats for a foreign country/official representatives of their country of origin.

I've not done a full survey of the "natural born US citizens" decisions so I don't know if that portion of the decision (unless parents were diplomats, etc) has later been overturned.
Got it. Thanks. I got confused by the diplomat thing. So... then that wouldn't apply to her anyway. Right? Her parents weren't diplomats.

An attorney who represented the far-right Oath Keepers pleaded guilty on Wednesday to charges stemming from a mob’s Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, including members of the extremist group.

Kellye SoRelle, who was general counsel for the antigovernment group and a close associate of its founder, is scheduled to be sentenced on Jan. 17 by U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta in Washington, D.C.

THIS JUST IN: The Hulk Hogan biopic which had been in development since 2019 and was set to star Chris Hemsworth, has OFFICIALLY been CANCELLED. This is said to be a result of Hogan mocking VP @kamalaharris’ Indian heritage and saying he would “body slam” her if given the opportunity, along with other controversial statements.

At an event for NM02 candidate Yvette Herrell, Mike Johnson says that all Democrat-sponsored bills in Congress will be "dead on arrival."

So much for working across the aisle to get things done.

Nate Silver has updated his model to account for RFK Jr. Both campaigns saw an uptick but Trump only gained 0.3 points so a little more than the predicted 1/4 point. His model has Harris +4 nationally but still doesn’t account for polling post acceptance speech. Should be noted that it doesn’t have polling post RFK endorsement it just adjusts for where voters will go which incidentally leaves RFK on the ballot in most states bc he won’t pull his name and can’t in NC and Wisconsin.

Back