2024 Cowgirls Roster

Just few days after Bargfedlt retirement came out…Carrie name popped to mind. She does know the Cowgirl culture and been taught by one of the best pitching coach in the nation. But I pushed it out of my mind thinking Gajewski would get a more experience pitching coach.

I like the hire

It was one game though…she also got tore up by Florida state in the World Series. She also got lit up by Kansas in the big XII tournament. I’ll admit, Maxwell has an OU problem. But that is because they’re so familiar with her.

They’re not familiar with Aycock yet so give her credit. I like her, but let’s be real, she’s not Maxwell, and nowhere near her level. One is a multiple time AA and pitching on the senior national team and the other is not. Safe to say the drop off is big as hell!! If Kyra makes the jump like everyone can hope all is well. Right now, I’d find a way to Alana Vawter on campus ASAP b/c the pitching has taken two major hits…one being the coach and the other being on the best pitchers in the world. Kyra and Lexi are literally the same type of pitchers…drop ball pitchers that doesn’t get a ton of swing and miss and induce a ton of ground balls. Maxwell was the opposite and came of the left side…not many of those that’s grow on trees
Kyra says don’t forget her one hit run rule win over Florida St in game 2 of the series.

In her two starts vs the teams that played for the national title…11.1 IP; 3 R; 8 H

I like Kyra as a starter not as a reliever. That when she gets exploited.

As a starter:

69 IP, 19 Runs(not ER)

As a Reliever:

27 IP; 20 Runs

We do need a different style of pitcher to compliment with Kilfoyl and Aycock. Hopefully Kutz can be that pitcher. Rosenberry be great as well…just seeing her stats in the summer league she be best fit as a hitter imo. From what I heard about Vawter is that she be heading to Florida. She could go to Texas since that who she committed to before Mike White got the job. If we do get another pitcher in the portal…it might be Liberty Kenney(sp?) or Maxwell could change her mind and come back. TBH…..I don’t see none of those coming here. It will be with what we have. I could be wrong though.

I’m looking forwards to our lineup and seeing the young talent taken the field. Lots of players to choose from. Glad I’m not Gajewski trying to figure it out

Our 3 Cowgirls has wrapped up their season in the FGCL. Here are their final stats

Audrey Schneidmiller.400; 16 R; 24 H; 3 2B; 3 HR; 10 RBI

Lexi McDonald .365; 11 R; 19 H; 1 2B; 1 HR; 8 RBI

Alexx Waitman .290; 15 R; 18 H; 5 2B; 1 HR; 9 RBI; 6 SB

Our other 3 Cowgirls(Lott, Sokoloski, Rosenberry) that playing in the MCCL ….their teams are still playing. Sokoloski team is in the winner bracket while Lott and Rosenberry teams will square off in an elimination game. Championship game will be on the 15th.

Tallen Edwards is playing for TC Colorado in the Canada Cup. Her squad is 5-0 with 2 games remaining on their schedule(Japan and Greece). I will not be able to see her stats thus far….I could but I’m not paying for it on GameChange.

Lets not forget one of our incoming Freshmen Tia Warsop who is playing for Great Britain in the Softball World Cup. She is their leadoff hitter and starts in left field.

I have not seen or hear of any other Cowgirls playing summer ball. It’s good to see these young ladies taking the opportunity to improve their game. i cannot wait for next season.

Just saw a Reddit (I know unreliable) that Maxwell will pick between Florida, Texas and OU. With Florida as the supposed leader. Won’t announce until after Team USA is done.

Kyra says don’t forget her one hit run rule win over Florida St in game 2 of the series.

In her two starts vs the teams that played for the national title…11.1 IP; 3 R; 8 H

I like Kyra as a starter not as a reliever. That when she gets exploited.

As a starter:

69 IP, 19 Runs(not ER)

As a Reliever:

27 IP; 20 Runs

We do need a different style of pitcher to compliment with Kilfoyl and Aycock. Hopefully Kutz can be that pitcher. Rosenberry be great as well…just seeing her stats in the summer league she be best fit as a hitter imo. From what I heard about Vawter is that she be heading to Florida. She could go to Texas since that who she committed to before Mike White got the job. If we do get another pitcher in the portal…it might be Liberty Kenney(sp?) or Maxwell could change her mind and come back. TBH…..I don’t see none of those coming here. It will be with what we have. I could be wrong though.

I’m looking forwards to our lineup and seeing the young talent taken the field. Lots of players to choose from. Glad I’m not Gajewski trying to figure it out
No one forgot…She did pitch well at times, and at times she struggled like any freshman. She pitched well when they haven’t seen her…they saw her again and gave her the business in the World Series. Whether she starts or comes out the pen is irrelevant IMO.

At the end of the day, we have a major hole in the pitching staff.

The liberty pitched just committed to OU so one would think they’re done but who knows. It’s my understanding they have reached out to Vawter. How interested is the million dollar question.

Now that we hired Eberle, I’m interested to see what she brings to the table. She was always the safety net hire should Kenny not land his top candidates early

Last edited:
No one forgot…She did pitch well at times, and at times she struggled like any freshman. She pitched well when they haven’t seen her…they saw her again and gave her the business in the World Series. Whether she starts or comes out the pen is irrelevant IMO.

At the end of the day, we have a major hole in the pitching staff.

The liberty pitched just committed to OU so one would think they’re done but who knows. It’s my understanding they have reached out to Vawter. How interested is the million dollar question.

Now that we hired Eberle, I’m interested to see what she brings to the table. She was always the safety net hire should Kenny not land his top candidates early
Appearently you did or you was hoping no one would catch your mistake. LoL

As we all know, she is not a strikeout pitcher like Maxwell. She is a groundball pitcher that relies on the defense. Most of her struggles was when our defense didn’t play up to their potential. When that occurs…Aycock has overpitch and give opponents a golden opportunity. Good thing she only a Freshman. She will learn and grow to be a better pitcher under Eberle and behind Kilfoyl. Both the same type of pitcher as she is.

Im not going to knock her as a true Fr……she did good and was more prepare to pitch at this level than Maxwell. If Maxwell would have pitched as a true Fr….she would've been rocked really hard.

Friend of mine told me last night that Kenney, Liberty pitcher was heading to OU….I had a feeling it would be her or Vawter. I have heard Vawter and Maxwell names being linked to Florida or Texas.

Didnt know who Gajewski was trying to get for a pitching coach. If Eberle wasn’t his first choice than who is?

Just saw a Reddit (I know unreliable) that Maxwell will pick between Florida, Texas and OU. With Florida as the supposed leader. Won’t announce until after Team USA is done.
Florida is where she needs to go if she’s going to be trying to move onto to USA Softball. Walton is really good with pitchers.

Our 3 Cowgirls has wrapped up their season in the FGCL. Here are their final stats

Audrey Schneidmiller.400; 16 R; 24 H; 3 2B; 3 HR; 10 RBI

Lexi McDonald .365; 11 R; 19 H; 1 2B; 1 HR; 8 RBI

Alexx Waitman .290; 15 R; 18 H; 5 2B; 1 HR; 9 RBI; 6 SB

Our other 3 Cowgirls(Lott, Sokoloski, Rosenberry) that playing in the MCCL ….their teams are still playing. Sokoloski team is in the winner bracket while Lott and Rosenberry teams will square off in an elimination game. Championship game will be on the 15th.

Tallen Edwards is playing for TC Colorado in the Canada Cup. Her squad is 5-0 with 2 games remaining on their schedule(Japan and Greece). I will not be able to see her stats thus far….I could but I’m not paying for it on GameChange.

Lets not forget one of our incoming Freshmen Tia Warsop who is playing for Great Britain in the Softball World Cup. She is their leadoff hitter and starts in left field.

I have not seen or hear of any other Cowgirls playing summer ball. It’s good to see these young ladies taking the opportunity to improve their game. i cannot wait for next season.

In the MCCL, only Haidyn Sokoloski is still playing. I will post her final stats tomorrow. But Katie Lott and Ivy Rosenberry seasons has ended. Here is their stats:

Katie Lott: .403; 23 R; 27 H; 5 2B; 2 3B; 7 HR; 25 RBI; 3 SB

Ivy Rosenberry: .367; 10 R; 18 H; 4 2B; 5 HR; 14 RBI; 1 SB

Rosenberry pitching stats: 58.2 IP; 3.10 ERA; 63 H; 47 K; 14 BB; .250 batting average allowed.

Appearently you did or you was hoping no one would catch your mistake. LoL

As we all know, she is not a strikeout pitcher like Maxwell. She is a groundball pitcher that relies on the defense. Most of her struggles was when our defense didn’t play up to their potential. When that occurs…Aycock has overpitch and give opponents a golden opportunity. Good thing she only a Freshman. She will learn and grow to be a better pitcher under Eberle and behind Kilfoyl. Both the same type of pitcher as she is.

Im not going to knock her as a true Fr……she did good and was more prepare to pitch at this level than Maxwell. If Maxwell would have pitched as a true Fr….she would've been rocked really hard.

Friend of mine told me last night that Kenney, Liberty pitcher was heading to OU….I had a feeling it would be her or Vawter. I have heard Vawter and Maxwell names being linked to Florida or Texas.

Didnt know who Gajewski was trying to get for a pitching coach. If Eberle wasn’t his first choice than who is?
I didn’t but by all means if that’s what you believe no one is stopping you. there’s a saying you’re as good as your last outing…which is why I mentioned those. Doesn’t mean she had a terrible year by no means. She was a freshman all-American after all. Defense played fine behind her. The pitcher the defense let down was Lexi Kilfoyl and the stats back it up

Yes everyone knows Maxwell wasn’t ready to pitch her freshman year. She also dealt with a serious back injury in high school as well that she was recovering from.

All I know is there’s a huge hole in the pitching staff and l just hope we can find a way to fill it.

Vawter could go to Texas, Florida, and FSU. Academics could play a role so Duke and northwestern could be at play. Perfect world would love to see Maxwell come back but of course that would take Kelly not seeing her as a friend and more of a coach. Texas and Florida are serious contenders…wouldn’t rule FSU and Washington, especially since UW HC is the national team HC.

Last edited:
Non OSU related- Indiana INF Taryn Kern transfers to Stanford. Quite the achievement and doesn’t end up on OUs roster. I heard this was her choice from the jump but of course she has to get admitted into the school.

I didn’t but by all means if that’s what you believe no one is stopping you. there’s a saying you’re as good as your last outing…which is why I mentioned those. Doesn’t mean she had a terrible year by no means. She was a freshman all-American after all. Defense played fine behind her. The pitcher the defense let down was Lexi Kilfoyl and the stats back it up

Yes everyone knows Maxwell wasn’t ready to pitch her freshman year. She also dealt with a serious back injury in high school as well that she was recovering from.

All I know is there’s a huge hole in the pitching staff and l just hope we can find a way to fill it.

Vawter could go to Texas, Florida, and FSU. Academics could play a role so Duke and northwestern could be at play. Perfect world would love to see Maxwell come back but of course that would take Kelly not seeing her as a friend and more of a coach. Texas and Florida are serious contenders…wouldn’t rule FSU and Washington, especially since UW HC is the national team HC.

IMO, that quote is a very bad choice of what any players has worked hard to do their best. By using your only as good as your last outing….we should be glad Maxwell entering the portal. Her last outing or two hasn’t been that spectacular. How about the last outing by Naomi, Becker, Factor and Tuck went….they all combined to go 0 for with couple of errors. We have difference of opinions that cool. As for the defense…never said they only let down Aycock. We all know Kilfoyl got the worst end of the deal. But since you brought up those two games that Aycock pitched….the defense did not play well.

I 100% agree that our pitching staff has a huge hole and hopefully Kutz or whoever we might get out of the portal that can fill the hole. If not, Gajewski needs to really work on the defense to make the plays. I like both Kilfoyl and Aycock but they are not strikeout pitchers.

She also tweeted that she wants to get anywhere in the dirt. I can see her playing either 2B or SS. If Godwin live up to her NC Gatorade POY and top 10 rankings in Extra Inning Top 100…..She could be Naomi replacement at SS and move Edwards to 2B. That can open up Sokoloski, Carwile and either Warsop or Lott in the OF. Coach Gajewski….bring on the youth movement.

Non OSU related- Indiana INF Taryn Kern transfers to Stanford. Quite the achievement and doesn’t end up on OUs roster. I heard this was her choice from the jump but of course she has to get admitted into the school.

Thank goodness Patti did not persuade her to Norman. I heard from day one she wanted to go back to California but didn’t know which school.

IMO, that quote is a very bad choice of what any players has worked hard to do their best. By using your only as good as your last outing….we should be glad Maxwell entering the portal. Her last outing or two hasn’t been that spectacular. How about the last outing by Naomi, Becker, Factor and Tuck went….they all combined to go 0 for with couple of errors. We have difference of opinions that cool. As for the defense…never said they only let down Aycock. We all know Kilfoyl got the worst end of the deal. But since you brought up those two games that Aycock pitched….the defense did not play well.

I 100% agree that our pitching staff has a huge hole and hopefully Kutz or whoever we might get out of the portal that can fill the hole. If not, Gajewski needs to really work on the defense to make the plays. I like both Kilfoyl and Aycock but they are not strikeout pitchers.
I like the quote...at the same time don't take it that serious. I still stand by literally everything I said. This team was good, but if we're being honest, getting a national seed was the best thing for them. Was I surprised they struggled in OKC..not really!! Honestly if Utah was able to ptich their AA ace, we probably go 0-2. I also stand by the defense was solid for Aycock. Maxwell struggled all year but that's nothing new and still found a way to become a AA...kinda says a lot.

She also tweeted that she wants to get anywhere in the dirt. I can see her playing either 2B or SS. If Godwin live up to her NC Gatorade POY and top 10 rankings in Extra Inning Top 100…..She could be Naomi replacement at SS and move Edwards to 2B. That can open up Sokoloski, Carwile and either Warsop or Lott in the OF. Coach Gajewski….bring on the youth movement.
I know....she was never an OF long term. Just played there b/c her bat was needed. Don't know if Godwin is a true SS...she played mainly 3rd in travel ball so we'll see. Put up monster numbers albeit the lowest classification in North Carolina. She should challenge for playing time regradless All OF positions should be up for grabs this fall. Youth movement is nice, but at the same time it has it's lumps...hopefully there’s more high than lows

Last edited:
Back