2024 Cowgirls Roster

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The more I look into it, the shadier this transfer is. Literally last week talked about how she was looking forward to coming back and competing to now transferring. Some money is getting thrown from somewhere and with OU losing Bahl I wouldn’t be surprised if it is them

The more I look into it, the shadier this transfer is. Literally last week talked about how she was looking forward to coming back and competing to now transferring. Some money is getting thrown from somewhere and with OU losing Bahl I wouldn’t be surprised if it is them
Is it shady? Probably. She gave us her years and she clearly struggled with something this year. It's the portal, take Coach Kenny's advice and wish her well. It may be the goons, but it could very well be the Aggies.

Lets be real, losing her sucks but also lexi was our best pitcher end of year. The arms below are not too bad either. We are totally fine with or without her. The fact she would probably be fighting to be the #1 pitcher next year says something about our pitching. We are stacked for next year and years to come. Good luck to her and I hope she finds the happiness she wants.

Lexi definitely was our best pitcher this year....Maxwell was a close second.....after that, there's a pretty big drop off. I like Aycock, but she's not even close to Maxwell. Can she make the big jump....that remains to be sceen. Katie Kutz is all hype as of right now. Ivy Rosenberry is an okay pitcher. It's a big loss unless we get another talented pitcher in the portal. Not to mention we don't have a pitching coach. Right now, there's no one on campus not name Lexi Kilfoyl that comes remotely close to Kelly Maxwell.

Lexi definitely was our best pitcher this year....Maxwell was a close second.....after that, there's a pretty big drop off. I like Aycock, but she's not even close to Maxwell. Can she make the big jump....that remains to be sceen. Katie Kutz is all hype as of right now. Ivy Rosenberry is an okay pitcher. It's a big loss unless we get another talented pitcher in the portal. Not to mention we don't have a pitching coach. Right now, there's no one on campus not name Lexi Kilfoyl that comes remotely close to Kelly Maxwell.
Aycock went toe to toe with the “greatest team ever” for 6+ innings. KM was awful against same team. One was a 5th year senior and one was a freshman. Hard to say the drop off is ‘pretty big.’

Kelly had a chance to have her number and name on the outfield fence. I don't see that happening now as I don't see how you could do that with someone who didn't finish their career in your program. I suspect she'll look back someday and regret the decision she's made -- even if she's getting a wad of NIL cash from someone else.

Kelly had a chance to have her number and name on the outfield fence. I don't see that happening now as I don't see how you could do that with someone who didn't finish their career in your program. I suspect she'll look back someday and regret the decision she's made -- even if she's getting a wad of NIL cash from someone else.
This is thing the that the transfer portal has brought. I see fewer and fewer athletes getting rewarded with school hall of fames and statutes, rings of honor, etc. in the future.

Aycock went toe to toe with the “greatest team ever” for 6+ innings. KM was awful against same team. One was a 5th year senior and one was a freshman. Hard to say the drop off is ‘pretty big.’
It was one game though…she also got tore up by Florida state in the World Series. She also got lit up by Kansas in the big XII tournament. I’ll admit, Maxwell has an OU problem. But that is because they’re so familiar with her.

They’re not familiar with Aycock yet so give her credit. I like her, but let’s be real, she’s not Maxwell, and nowhere near her level. One is a multiple time AA and pitching on the senior national team and the other is not. Safe to say the drop off is big as hell!! If Kyra makes the jump like everyone can hope all is well. Right now, I’d find a way to Alana Vawter on campus ASAP b/c the pitching has taken two major hits…one being the coach and the other being on the best pitchers in the world. Kyra and Lexi are literally the same type of pitchers…drop ball pitchers that doesn’t get a ton of swing and miss and induce a ton of ground balls. Maxwell was the opposite and came of the left side…not many of those that’s grow on trees

My opinion on Maxwell is that she is one of those pitchers that is great when she is getting the calls at the plate. However, when the squeeze is on, she's wild and inconsistent with few adjustments and puts the team in tough situations on the base paths. The team (and fans) stuck with her throughout the season and the slump and this is how she repays them. Maybe she's looking for a pitching coach to help her continue a career beyond college or some other personal reason, but either way it's odd to leave in softball if not for academic pursuits.

Aycock may have a higher ERA but she limits the damage from her end under WP, HBP, and XB hits...especially against a rough conference.

It's not just this season. Maxwell has been great at OSU, but she is definitely feast or famine...

My opinion on Maxwell is that she is one of those pitchers that is great when she is getting the calls at the plate. However, when the squeeze is on, she's wild and inconsistent with few adjustments and puts the team in tough situations on the base paths. The team (and fans) stuck with her throughout the season and the slump and this is how she repays them. Maybe she's looking for a pitching coach to help her continue a career beyond college or some other personal reason, but either way it's odd to leave in softball if not for academic pursuits.

Aycock may have a higher ERA but she limits the damage from her end under WP, HBP, and XB hits...especially against a rough conference.

It's not just this season. Maxwell has been great at OSU, but she is definitely feast or famine...
Her problem is she’s plateaued physically, it happens to everyone. It’s hard when you struggle to move the ball around in the zone.

Considering Aycock pitched the least of the 3, it’s kinda easy to have less WP, HBP, and XB hits. She gave up the most hits in conference play out of the 3 and opponents hit .299, which is also the highest of the 3.

Back