2024-25 Offseason thread

I messaged Brady Vernon of Softball America and asked him….has he heard if or what names or positions that OSU is still looking at to bolster their roster…..he replied back that all he has heard are pitchers. No specific names thought.

Myself, I was thinking at least one more pitcher and a OF. Waiting game is killing me

One has to wonder if we need another OF? ..you have Timm, Warsop, Anderson, Graf. Edwards could play OF in a pinch. Not a fan of Lexi playing OF because of her extremely limited mobility and range.

One more pitcher is definitely needed…wouldn’t mind even taking 2. With Aycock taking 3 steps backwards and Kutz inability to throw strikes going back to fall…the pitching room is very bare at the moment.

I honestly think we do need another OF ..For defensive purposes, I think Warsop, Anderson and Graf will do a good job out there….but it’s their offense is my concern. We really cannot afford to have two weak hitters in the lineup. Hopefully with a full yr under VSF belt as hitting coach…she can implement what she wants these ladies to do.

100% agree with you on Lexi playing in the OF.

I say one more pitcher but agree that I wouldn’t mind having 2 if available. Hopefully both Aycock and Kutz take positive steps this yr. Kutz is playing in the Lone Star Collegiate League starting the 13th to work on hitting locations and whatever Eberle want her to work on for the upcoming season. Sure wish Aycock would go play in this summer league. She might be….just haven’t heard her name being mentioned.

I mean Warsop and Anderson have only had 30 and 16 ABs respectively so for me I have no clue if they’re so called “weak” hitters. Sample size way too small for me IMO. Now they’re not going to go yard every time but you don’t need 1-9 to be HR hitters. If they can produce like a maddi Holcomb, there might be a home for them. Graf only had 24 ABs but was productive her freshman year at Miss State so all 3 are unknowns at this point. If there’s an AA OF that wants to come here…I’m not against that at all.

I heard awhile back Kutz is going to play summer ball…which is good. I’m not so sure Aycock needs to go to play summer ball compared to working with Eberle, working on her mechanics. Might be more beneficial working in Stillwater with her coach. Kutz needs reps, which she didn’t get much of this past season.

Last edited:
Aycock has an overly active throwing motion. Watch her on youtube then watch Kelly Maxwell. Kelly's throwing motion is consistently near perfect. The results confirm she does it right.

Anyone hearing Portal Target rumors? We need to do something about Bloodworth. Great glove awful bat. We could move Lexi Mcdonald to first, play Karlie Godwin at 3rd, move T Edwards to short and Leave Davis at second. This upgrades our batting average immediately.

One has to wonder if we need another OF? ..you have Timm, Warsop, Anderson, Graf. Edwards could play OF in a pinch. Not a fan of Lexi playing OF because of her extremely limited mobility and range.

One more pitcher is definitely needed…wouldn’t mind even taking 2. With Aycock taking 3 steps backwards and Kutz inability to throw strikes going back to fall…the pitching room is very bare at the moment.
I think if you can get an outfielder in the portal, go for it. It's not a "must have" like another pitcher, but if you can get a proven player then definitely pull the trigger.

I think if you can get an outfielder in the portal, go for it. It's not a "must have" like another pitcher, but if you can get a proven player then definitely pull the trigger.
I mentioned it in my second post….im not opposed to it. Definitely not a priority but if an AA is interested…nothing wrong with pursuing another bat

Aycock has an overly active throwing motion. Watch her on youtube then watch Kelly Maxwell. Kelly's throwing motion is consistently near perfect. The results confirm she does it right.
It’s hard to break those awful habits. I will never understand why young pitchers are taught timing gimmicks

My thought as well. The bad part is parents pay a lot of money for pitching lessons
And hitting lessons, “speed camps” travel ball teams, AAU bball squads, etc etc

I’ve seen some atrocities are the youth level in terms of what they were “developing.” I’m sure most of us have.

I’ve seen some atrocities are the youth level in terms of what they were “developing.” I’m sure most of us have.
Somebody ought to write book or do a documentary about it!!!! I remember seeing an ESPN 30 FOR 30 about former USC and Oakland Raiders QB Shawn Marinovich and how his father from an early age tried to literally create ROBO QUARTERBACK!!! Sad thing is his father Marv was an ex NFL player himself!!!

I had a mom tell me the cost to play in Edmond and the required hitting practice, and then you get to pay to get into games and tournaments. People have lost their freaking minds

When adults found ways to exploit youth sports for money about 20yrs ago it’s gone downhill quick. Soccer “academies” like Europe, AAU ball with NBA players tied to them, cheer all star gyms, football 7on7 travel teams, softball/baseball travel teams, etc. Parents feel the pressure for their kids to have success that they are blinded by “competitive advantages” that gurus offer. The more “exposure” the more likelihood for a scholarship, right? That is what is preached and these greedy sermons come with a price tag whether it is lessons, travel costs, gate admissions, monthly dues etc. Youth sports are an absolute joke and people continue to fall in the trap of “I want my kid to have the best experience”. Well sometimes the best experience is taking a break or lifting weights in the offseason or working on other areas like sleep and nutrition. Talent will be discovered, parents do not need greedy gurus

When adults found ways to exploit youth sports for money about 20yrs ago it’s gone downhill quick. Soccer “academies” like Europe, AAU ball with NBA players tied to them, cheer all star gyms, football 7on7 travel teams, softball/baseball travel teams, etc. Parents feel the pressure for their kids to have success that they are blinded by “competitive advantages” that gurus offer. The more “exposure” the more likelihood for a scholarship, right? That is what is preached and these greedy sermons come with a price tag whether it is lessons, travel costs, gate admissions, monthly dues etc. Youth sports are an absolute joke and people continue to fall in the trap of “I want my kid to have the best experience”. Well sometimes the best experience is taking a break or lifting weights in the offseason or working on other areas like sleep and nutrition. Talent will be discovered, parents do not need greedy gurus
A big difference between soccer academies in the US and those in Europe is that the European academies actually pay the kids to be there and here the players pay to be at the academy.

You ought to be on the field with Karen and Bob yelling at you on every call and its 8 and Under Kid Pitch in April. If they didn’t pay so well for weekend tournaments in cash no one would put up with that. My partner had a pair of Karen and Bobs ask for our ump numbers and names so they could call our association after their kids got run ruled. I was Jack Meoff 696900 and my partner was Dirk Diggler 696901. The Karen wrote all that down

My biggest issue with the obsessions in youth sports is how the push for travel clubs, etc has choked out all the local rec leagues for young players to just play teams in the surrounding county areas. Lots of games with the idea of just having fun and learning the game. There are local places to play but the travel teams fill up the ball fields with tournaments and players.
I wish I had the time to promote rec leagues and the ability to fund a non-profit.
And I've coached for the Y with all 3 of my kids in baseball & soccer...6 games max with 1...maybe 2 practices each week over 8 wks.

You ought to be on the field with Karen and Bob yelling at you on every call and its 8 and Under Kid Pitch in April. If they didn’t pay so well for weekend tournaments in cash no one would put up with that. My partner had a pair of Karen and Bobs ask for our ump numbers and names so they could call our association after their kids got run ruled. I was Jack Meoff 696900 and my partner was Dirk Diggler 696901. The Karen wrote all that down
I’m literally ROTFLMAO at your numbers and names!!! 😂🤣😂🤣😂

My niece went to 3 different pitching coaches( not at the same time).

Harold Copus of Oklahoma City University
Steve Gault of Oklahoma Christian University
Nancy Teehee former OSU pitcher

Nancy a lot of times triple and quadruple book kids that she put her 16U and 18U kids over one on one practices. That ended quickly for us

Back