2024-25 Offseason thread

Amanda Hasler will be our CATCHER! She will be a junior, hit .351 with 18HR and 45RBI--numbers just below Wang's, but she was only a sophomore.

2024 – Sophomore Season
  • Started all 53 games for the Pack behind the plate
  • Led the team with 52 hits, 45 RBI’s, 18 home runs, 13 hit by pitch, .770 slugging percentage, and .444 on base percentage
  • Finished the season with a .351 batting average
  • Tallied a career high 12 putouts against NC Central (4/24/24)
  • Ranks in the top-10 for several single season records: on base percentage, slugging percentage, home runs, total bases, RBI’s, hit by pitch, and sacrifice flies.
2023 - Freshman Season

• Started behind the plate in 50 games and appeared in 52
  • Only the second catcher in program history to call pitches
  • Holds the program record for hit by pitch by a freshman and single season hit by pitch record (16)
  • Finished the season leading the team with 199 putouts on 222 chances for a .982 fielding percentage
  • Recorded 36 hits on the season including nine home runs and four doubles
  • Held a .279 batting average, .519 slugging percentage, and .405 on base percentage
  • Led the team with eight multiple hit games and recorded an 11 game reached base streak

Looking for that CF and one more pitcher to fill the holes.

Maybe Schneidmiller will be next in the portal? We've brought in someone to her spot two years in a row.

Last edited:
With that 5 foot wall in Oklahoma City, I would almost recruit 6 foot outfielders. During the tournament there’s about five balls that had the chance of being robbed.

Hitting a softball is very very difficult. It is crazy what the sooners have done the last decade. One thing I did notice is they had many swings at the point of contact where they almost stopped their bat and let pitch speed dictate result. Other teams swing hard trying to catch up with fast speeds but their contact was almost check swings many times. Could be something….

Today there was more detail given about stadium upgrades:

--new video board will be in CF, so the old one in RF willl be gone and give room for more bleachers

--new LED lights

--"rebuild the primary seating area and team facilities" will be interested to see that

--"we're going to sublty enhance the fan and player experience"

sounds like a new stadium is far off. I'm okay with that. I HATE our main bleachers, though. They're never full and they go so high. Probably can't fix that though.
Thanks for the heads up

Upgrading the primary seating area makes me think they are going to take out those hard black seats to replace them with cushion seats. lol of course I’m kidding

Glad we received these commits, wish them and all Poke fans well. The burning quest is: Left Handed Softball Pitcher, where are you?

Amanda Hasler will be our CATCHER! She will be a junior, hit .351 with 18HR and 45RBI--numbers just below Wang's, but she was only a sophomore.

2024 – Sophomore Season
  • Started all 53 games for the Pack behind the plate
  • Led the team with 52 hits, 45 RBI’s, 18 home runs, 13 hit by pitch, .770 slugging percentage, and .444 on base percentage
  • Finished the season with a .351 batting average
  • Tallied a career high 12 putouts against NC Central (4/24/24)
  • Ranks in the top-10 for several single season records: on base percentage, slugging percentage, home runs, total bases, RBI’s, hit by pitch, and sacrifice flies.
2023 - Freshman Season

• Started behind the plate in 50 games and appeared in 52
  • Only the second catcher in program history to call pitches
  • Holds the program record for hit by pitch by a freshman and single season hit by pitch record (16)
  • Finished the season leading the team with 199 putouts on 222 chances for a .982 fielding percentage
  • Recorded 36 hits on the season including nine home runs and four doubles
  • Held a .279 batting average, .519 slugging percentage, and .405 on base percentage
  • Led the team with eight multiple hit games and recorded an 11 game reached base streak

Looking for that CF and one more pitcher to fill the holes.

Maybe Schneidmiller will be next in the portal? We've brought in someone to her spot two years in a row.

I love that she called pitches. Not sure if she'll get to do it here, but I hope so. I don't think it would be that difficult to teach a catcher your pitch calling philosophy, plus I think it keeps both the pitcher and catcher more engaged.

I love that she called pitches. Not sure if she'll get to do it here, but I hope so. I don't think it would be that difficult to teach a catcher your pitch calling philosophy, plus I think it keeps both the pitcher and catcher more engaged.
I wonder if there's enough time to do that with the pitch clock? You'd have to move quickly. I guess a lot of pro teams still do it.

I wonder if there's enough time to do that with the pitch clock? You'd have to move quickly. I guess a lot of pro teams still do it.

Are you thinking about the catcher getting a sign from the dugout, then putting her signs down? I'm thinking Hasler was actually calling the pitches like we catchers did in the olden days (which is why I was surprised to read it). It would be almost unheard of today, but it would actually be quicker, relative to the pitch clock. I also like the pitcher having the ability to shake off a pitch to go with what she feels is best. Obviously this requires a great deal of confidence in both the pitcher and the catcher. I'll be shocked, but very pleased, if it goes this way.

Are you thinking about the catcher getting a sign from the dugout, then putting her signs down? I'm thinking Hasler was actually calling the pitches like we catchers did in the olden days (which is why I was surprised to read it). It would be almost unheard of today, but it would actually be quicker, relative to the pitch clock. I also like the pitcher having the ability to shake off a pitch to go with what she feels is best. Obviously this requires a great deal of confidence in both the pitcher and the catcher. I'll be shocked, but very pleased, if it goes this way.
I think it depends on the experience of the pitcher and catcher. Since we will have a pitcher and a catcher new to us I think Eberle should still call the pitchers

I think it depends on the experience of the pitcher and catcher. Since we will have a pitcher and a catcher new to us I think Eberle should still call the pitchers

I get it, and that's probably how it will go. And I'm ok with that.

I'm just an old guy yearning for the old days.

Right, but if the catcher is calling it, she doesn't have access to the device so she'd have to signal it
I was sort of commenting on the timing question earlier...if they have electronics, the coaches can intervene if needed and still have time within the pitch clock to communicate that to the catcher...who then signals the pitcher. Catchers are wearing a device as well.

Or I'm just to far separated from the game as a former catcher who called pitches at the HS level.

Back