Pokes at Horns

Nolan will get the heat rightfully so but Josh made a terrible call not bunting with the 9 hole up. I am in disbelief of how bad of a move that was.

Nolan will get the heat rightfully so but Josh made a terrible call not bunting with the 9 hole up. I am in disbelief of how bad of a move that was.
For sure. What about Ortiz makes him think he can execute that? Hell, he probably could have stood there and drawn a walk.

Both teams 2 for 16 at the plate

T6
Bruegge HBP
--new pitcher RHP
Daugherty flies out to CF
Forsythe lines out to CF
Wulfert pops out to SS

Just nothing in the area of good AB today. It seems like its all or nothing with this team

Last edited:
Props to Holiday for keeping us in it. Now both teams will battle with below average bullpens the rest of the way.

Or how about coaching just look to get the ball in play with runner in third and 1 out. Just stop with the home run swing. Situational baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or how about coaching just look to get the ball in play with runner in third and 1 out. Just stop with the home run swing. Situational baseball.

Because everyone knows if you don't hit at least 1 HR then a win doesn't really qualify as a win

To me, in a situation where you need to make contact help your team, you should really look for the first good pitch you can hit before you get to 2 strikes. He took a fastball that looked really good. Then he chased a breaking pitch. Again, no approach for the situation. Really not sure its even taught.

To me, in a situation where you need to make contact help your team, you should really look for the first good pitch you can hit before you get to 2 strikes. He took a fastball that looked really good. Then he chased a breaking pitch. Again, no approach for the situation. Really not sure its even taught.
If we have to ask that question every year then the answer is obvious.

T7
PH Crull pops out to 2B. He's in quite a slump
Benge singles to RF
Ehrhard pops out in foul territory
Schubart just misses HR but settles for double off the wall
--new pitcher
Meola taps out to C

2-2

Last edited:
Back