OSU at #24 DBU

Good work by Blake to get out of that inning without giving up any runs. Especially after giving up 2 hits to open the inning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do we play DBU every year? They kick the living crap out of us every time we play them. The only team that rubs our nose in the dirt as much as they do is ORU…….

News flash, we’re not good….again!

I’m not trying to be snarky or rude, but do we have a hitting coach?
Not by definition.

Josh HC, Rob Pitching, Victor Romero Assistant, Mark Ginther Assitant/Recruiting, Garratt Bayliff S&C

Rex mentions that the Pokes look tired...well who makes the schedule? Pokes do have an easier stretch coming up. Maybe get a little confidence because they probably have little right now.

Why do we play DBU every year? They kick the living crap out of us every time we play them. The only team that rubs our nose in the dirt as much as they do is ORU…….

News flash, we’re not good….again!
Who else do we play in their place? ORU owns us. Misery state is no slouch. Wichita State at least has been usually as bad as us?

Josh on radio:

"Ian has to block the ball in 2nd inning. Runner in third inning shouldn't have scored. Nolan is playing through injury, which I appreciate, but the play has to be made."

"Gave runs on inexcusable lack of communication and bad throws."

"There's no acceptable reason for it to be like that."

"We need to coach them better, have them play better. I failed miserably today. I'll think about it until Friday, and we'll play better Friday."

"This was an ambitious schedule. We're 4-4.
We have to figure out our health and we're now being challenged. "

"Overall, we did not compete to the level that is required, and that's my responsibility."

Last edited:
Josh on radio:

"Ian has to block the ball in 2nd inning. Runner in third should t have scored. Nolan is playing through injury, which I appreciate, but play has to be made."

"We need to coach them better, have them play better. I failed miserably today. I'll think about it until Friday, and we'll play better Friday."

"Overall, we did not compete to the level that is required, and that's my responsibility."
Appreciate the sentiment, Josh. You'll be judged on exactly what you said, how the performance changes from here.

Josh on radio:

"Ian has to block the ball in 2nd inning. Runner in third inning shouldn't have scored. Nolan is playing through injury, which I appreciate, but the play has to be made."

I mean, accurate on all statements. I think he summed it up pretty well.

Who else do we play in their place? ORU owns us. Misery state is no slouch. Wichita State at least has been usually as bad as us?
First, none of these teams are as good as dbu. But there are options out there, but they won’t get you the rpi that dbu gets you if you win, on the flip side they destroy your rpi if you lose where as dbu doesnt

UTA, UALR, tarelton state. I’m not sure how viable a 1 mid week game In The San Antonio area is but you could do 2 vs utsa, incarnate word, Texas state. Again none are incredible teams but options exist. Next year you can add a second mid week vs Ou, Texas becomes available mid week possibly. Or you could play Ou as a non conference weekend series, say they replace an Utah tech weekend series. Then you could play a lesser mid week such as uta. I guess the benefit of dbu is if you lose it doesn’t hurt your rpi. But I’d rather build confidence than keep getting it handed to us by dbu. All that said we need to win all 4 this weekend which is no small task.

First, none of these teams are as good as dbu. But there are options out there, but they won’t get you the rpi that dbu gets you if you win, on the flip side they destroy your rpi if you lose where as dbu doesnt

UTA, UALR, tarelton state. I’m not sure how viable a 1 mid week game In The San Antonio area is but you could do 2 vs utsa, incarnate word, Texas state. Again none are incredible teams but options exist. Next year you can add a second mid week vs Ou, Texas becomes available mid week possibly. Or you could play Ou as a non conference weekend series, say they replace an Utah tech weekend series. Then you could play a lesser mid week such as uta. I guess the benefit of dbu is if you lose it doesn’t hurt your rpi. But I’d rather build confidence than keep getting it handed to us by dbu. All that said we need to win all 4 this weekend which is no small task.
We run ruled DBU just last year. Omaha programs don’t duck competition.

Granted, Omaha programs don’t get run out of their own stadium in a regional or in midweek games regardless of location either. Right now, we’re not an Omaha program.

I’d focus on that rather than ‘softening’ the schedule.

We run ruled DBU just last year. Omaha programs don’t duck competition.

Granted, Omaha programs don’t get run out of their own stadium in a regional or in midweek games regardless of location either. Right now, we’re not an Omaha program.

I’d focus on that rather than ‘softening’ the schedule.

We’re not even a “Stillwater” team, much less an Omaha team. I don’t understand how we can be so embarrassingly bad at pitching yet We keep the same coach year after year. We let coaches like Marty Lee leave and keep coaches like Walton. He seems far too comfortable with the way things are.

Back