OSU at #24 DBU

We run ruled DBU just last year. Omaha programs don’t duck competition.

Granted, Omaha programs don’t get run out of their own stadium in a regional or in midweek games regardless of location either. Right now, we’re not an Omaha program.

I’d focus on that rather than ‘softening’ the schedule.
I think there can be a happy medium between ducking competition and wearing your guys out early. The injuries could be bad luck, but they could also be somewhat impacted by going from no baseball to 8 games in a week and a half against really good competition. Rex was right when he said the guys just had nothing in the tank last night. They really had no chance last night, facing a well rested team that had played all of their games at home. Nothing to be gained in that situation.

A big part of baseball is confidence. Yes you need to see great pitching and hitting, but you also need to experience success. Hopefully in this homestand before league play, this team can start finding a groove and put together some good ABs and wins.

I think there can be a happy medium between ducking competition and wearing your guys out early. The injuries could be bad luck, but they could also be somewhat impacted by going from no baseball to 8 games in a week and a half against really good competition. Rex was right when he said the guys just had nothing in the tank last night. They really had no chance last night, facing a well rested team that had played all of their games at home. Nothing to be gained in that situation.

A big part of baseball is confidence. Yes you need to see great pitching and hitting, but you also need to experience success. Hopefully in this homestand before league play, this team can start finding a groove and put together some good ABs and wins.
No disagreement there.

Last two seasons we’ve hosted a regional that produced an Omaha team. Arkansas was in final 4, then ORU was in final 6. I’m over fans crying about losing to DBU or ORU, they’re damn good teams and play the way I wish we did.

Have to beat the best to be the best. We’re a long ways off and it’s not just Rob and pitching.

i see you GIF by VH1

Back