ORU at OSU

Small crowd as expected. Wayne Bovenschen On drums was great.

Attachments

• EE84E54A-36A6-4DFC-BFD3-0D17A5B58611.jpeg
    EE84E54A-36A6-4DFC-BFD3-0D17A5B58611.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 1E3DE2BE-C143-4DF2-9DC0-F4E8DDA9F968.jpeg
    1E3DE2BE-C143-4DF2-9DC0-F4E8DDA9F968.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 15
Small crowd as expected. Wayne Bovenschen On drums was great.
Just breaks my heart man.
Baby Reaction GIF

Didn’t get to watch it, but looks like the Cowboys may have played their best game this year. Hopefully a sign of improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t get to watch it, but looks like the Cowboys may have played their best game this year. Hopefully a sign of improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We started the game w good sets and got good looks w good passes. He rolled w the starting 5 for 6-7 minutes and allowed for a good flow. Garrison, Dailey and Williams started the game playing really good and together. Small was solid as well and patient. When he’s patient he’s at his best.

We played better on d and protected the ball. Only had a handful of players forcing shots. Boynton actually subbed out Thompson when he forced a really bad shot. Also called a timeout when our first double digit lead got trimmed to 8 I think.

Also Keller had a nice game.

It’s obvious we have some pieces and the flow of the game was really good. Then we start subbing and going w disjointed lineups and lost the flow for a bit. I think the key to being competitive in conference will be to start ck w a limited rotation and keep guys playing together on a consistent basis instead of having 20 different player combos.

It’s obvious we have some pieces and the flow of the game was really good. Then we start subbing and going w disjointed lineups and lost the flow for a bit. I think the key to being competitive in conference will be to start ck w a limited rotation and keep guys playing together on a consistent basis instead of having 20 different player combos.
This has been my biggest complaint about Boynton. He coaches like he is at the YMCA and has to get everyone 10 minutes of playing time.

The best college teams only go 7 deep on their rotations, a few teams might go 8. He likes to go 10, so no chemistry develops between the players.

It also seems like he has pre-planned subs regardless of how the team is playing. The "hot" player is subbed-out way too often.

This has been my biggest complaint about Boynton. He coaches like he is at the YMCA and has to get everyone 10 minutes of playing time.

The best college teams only go 7 deep on their rotations, a few teams might go 8. He likes to go 10, so no chemistry develops between the players.

It also seems like he has pre-planned subs regardless of how the team is playing. The "hot" player is subbed-out way too often.
We’ll see if he’s learning. Against Creighton he subbed out garrison for seemingly no reason 2:08 into the game. Then 2 minutes later subbed out Dailey who had 2 or 3 straight buckets. He then left Dailey on the bench while we went into one of our patented droughts.

This time out Garrison got the 1st 7-8 minutes and Dailey got 17 of 20 1st half minutes. There is zero reason why Small, Williams (when not yanking 3s), Garrison and Dailey should not be getting 27-32 minutes per game w 90% of those minutes together. Keller should be a +20 minute. I’d also like to see Dow get more minutes and touches. He actually played decent D last night.

Also, you have to have either Small or Keller in the game 100% of the time. Last night he had them both out and I think we committed 2 turnovers in 3 possessions. Bryce should be a shooter only. Thankfully we had a big lead and he got Small right back in.

It’s not hard.

We’ll see if he’s learning. Against Creighton he subbed out garrison for seemingly no reason 2:08 into the game. Then 2 minutes later subbed out Dailey who had 2 or 3 straight buckets. He then left Dailey on the bench while we went into one of our patented droughts.

This time out Garrison got the 1st 7-8 minutes and Dailey got 17 of 20 1st half minutes. There is zero reason why Small, Williams (when not yanking 3s), Garrison and Dailey should not be getting 27-32 minutes per game w 90% of those minutes together. Keller should be a +20 minute. I’d also like to see Dow get more minutes and touches. He actually played decent D last night.

Also, you have to have either Small or Keller in the game 100% of the time. Last night he had them both out and I think we committed 2 turnovers in 3 possessions. Bryce should be a shooter only. Thankfully we had a big lead and he got Small right back in.

It’s not hard.
I think that is a big reason this particular issue is maddening. If you and I can see that, how in the hell can a coach of a D1 program not? I'm not going to get into the other issues that have been discussed over and over here...

Last edited:
Back