NCAA Predictions

CowboyT

I'm talking All American predictions (top 8). We are seeded to have 4 (Spratley, Fix, Olejnik and Plott).
What are your predictions? Can we get 4? Who is most likely of those 4 not to make it? Who is most likely to be the fifth?

We can certainly get 4, I'd say any less is a disappointment. Of those 4 listed I think Olejnik is most likely to not AA, based on how uninspiring several of his matches (particularly as of late) have been. Still, he should AA.

As for who the 5th will be, I'd go with Teague Travis. No easy road to do so, but he's certainly got the ability. Same goes for Brayden Thompson if he's got enough in the tank. My first guess might be Jordan Williams if not for the injury(s). Not sure he will be or can stay healthy enough to make AA this year.

We have some tough draws but an upset here or there and you never know what could happen. I could see 6-7 making top 12. I think we finish much better than 18th like last year

We have several that could outplace seed because they have beaten top guys before. Williams, Jamison, Doucet, etc at times this year were threats to make top 8. I hope they put it together this weekend.

Doucet's gotta stay outta OT if he's going to be consistent and move through the tournament. I get that many HWTs do this but Doucet has become a master.
Williams all depends on that knee. Ever sense he first tweaked it, it keeps ending up in that same hold. Also wondering how much work he was able to put in with whatever happened to the collarbone.
Thompson seems to run out of gas.
OTherwise, Thompson & Spratley are my picks to surprise.

Back