Houston at OSU

Cowgirls get outscored 18-13 in 4th quarter and lose 65-57. Not good. Pretty much puts the nail in the coffin on any postseason hopes. OSU has 4 games left, 3 of them versus top 25 opponents.

Bench points were 37-8.

I'm not sure if anybody will even read this, but if we're so thin on our bench, why doesn't Ebert--with four years experience, play at all?

Cowgirls get outscored 18-13 in 4th quarter and lose 65-57. Not good. Pretty much puts the nail in the coffin on any postseason hopes. OSU has 4 games left, 3 of them versus top 25 opponents.

Bench points were 37-8.

I'm not sure if anybody will even read this, but if we're so thin on our bench, why doesn't Ebert--with four years experience, play at all?
She got hurt in the KSU game and has not played since.

Was last year a fluke and we are now dealing with the reality of the Hoyt era? Or, do we discount what is happening now because of all the injuries? Is it somewhere in between? It feels like we fired two “coaches” last year and replaced them with two “recruiters”. Jack Easley may not relate well to 20 something recruits these days because he is pushing 70, but he has forgotten more about coaching basketball than the Hoyt family will ever know. He spent a lot of years working for some good coaches including Fennelly at ISU.

I have been to a few games this year and sometimes it feels like we are more concerned about hair and makeup than we are about blocking out on a missed shot.

Was last year a fluke and we are now dealing with the reality of the Hoyt era? Or, do we discount what is happening now because of all the injuries? Is it somewhere in between? It feels like we fired two “coaches” last year and replaced them with two “recruiters”. Jack Easley may not relate well to 20 something recruits these days because he is pushing 70, but he has forgotten more about coaching basketball than the Hoyt family will ever know. He spent a lot of years working for some good coaches including Fennelly at ISU.

I have been to a few games this year and sometimes it feels like we are more concerned about hair and makeup than we are about blocking out on a missed shot.
Shoes...its all about the Shoe Game!

Leather britches, it’s the leather britches game.

I think time will tell. Jacie still gets credit for the success last year. And she's had some challenges with injuries this year, no doubt. I think you also have to consider what Garzon is going through--with her family in danger in Israel. She isn't the same as last year, and understandably so.

BUT, in reality, most girl's basketball teams face injury problems. OU faced all kinds of problems (losing a ton of super seniors, pre-season injuries) and has been at or on top of the standings after a disastrous start. They play a tougher brand of basketball than we do.

The shoes and glam and all that stuff, girls in this generation love that and relate to it. Jacies takes selfies on her Instagram (not complaining). She's a players coach. The whole success of the program comes down to finding a way to make plays in the fourth quarter. More often than not in two seasons, they haven't. If they had won half the games they led in the 4th quarter, they'd have been a higher seed last year and at least in the mix this year.

I never even thought about the shoes! I was too focused on the 2” lashes of Hanna Gusters.
The other night at Texas Tech she blew kisses to the crowd as she left the game. Wasn't a fan of it. I don't know her personally so I won't pass judgement, but that move didn't give off a good vibe. I DO question why some games she shows up huge, and others you don't even know she's there.

Earlier this week, Hoyt said Ebert had a successful surgery and plans to stay in Stillwater to complete her rehab. So it sounds like her basketball career is over.

It’s rough when injuries force you to add a player on Dec. 28th and then that player is also lost to injury.

Langerman was also injured in the Kansas State game. She’s been wearing the knee brace and limping the past two games, but continues to play.

Wouldn’t say last year was a fluke..having a couple of Littell’s holdovers such as keys and Collins helped. Sadly both have moved on and they’re on teams that’ll play in March.

What Hoyt did last year was rare, she literally batted 1.000% from the transfer portal. Every kid she landed was a hit. This year, not so much which is more normal. Kennedy from Georgetown left after one semester and is back in Maryland. Brianna Jackson left after the Bahamas trip and hasn’t came back since due to mental health reasons and is back in Virginia.

I think year 3 will give us a good indicator on what this program will be.

Back