Brueggeman grounds out to SS
Ortiz grounds out to 2B
Forsythe infield single
Ritchie lines a single to RF, runner to 3rd
Daugherty RBI single to LF
Crull skies out to CF

7-4 OSU

Last edited:
Game 2 is today at 1pm. Expect Brian Holiday to start.

There were some good signs on offense (Daugherty), but for the next 2 days I'd like to see some good execution with RISP. HR's are great, but scoring runners from third is just as important. It's still very early, but at this point OSU's team BA is .258, and opponents are hitting .261 against us. I don't think I ever remember that happening.

I agree. I thought Ian had some good ABs yesterday. I think the offense only had 5 Ks which is certainly better compared to 20+ Ks. Although, CMU pitching isn’t exactly same caliber as say Arkansas or Oregon St.

Last edited:
I was also impressed by the poise of Avery Ortiz, he looked comfortable and had a great AB fouling off pitches that led to an RBI texas leaguer.

Having 4 starters out this early is not ideal but hopefully we are able to get those guys back into the lineup by conference play and the young guys get some valuable experience and confidence.

Does anyone know when Ure is supposed to return to live action? Not sure if he would slot into the Sunday spot or midweek but he is a valuable arm for this team, assuming full recovery.

B1
Crull K's swinging
Ehrhard walks
--steals 2nd
Benge RBI triple into RF corner, comes in to score when throw gets away
Brueggeman K's looking
Ortiz doubles to RCF
Wulfert K's looking

2 runs, 2 hits, 1 error, 3 K's

Last edited:
T2
Flyout to CF
Strikeout swinging, first batter injured his back on swing and miss, and pinch hitter misses for strike 3
Strikeout looking

Holiday pitch count only at 25

Last edited:
Back